hakchi2 SNES Mini Progress And Discussions

Daddy Horror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10/1 Cluster is Estimating a week. He's putting up a few streams on his youtube working on it. Please feel free to talk about other hacks and progress for SNES Mini here.
Clusters youtube https://www.youtube.com/user/ClusterMeerkat/videos
If you have a snes and a nes mini controllers work for both system.

10/2 1:19 am Central Time

Update from clusters youtube,he has a video running of trigger on snes classic

We finally understood the format of SNESMini's ROMs. It's the same as WiiU Virtual Console. So we can upload SNES ROMs and use original emulator. New hakchi2 with SNES Mini support coming soon.

Last edited by Daddy Horror,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Snes Classic owner here, planning on injecting a few select ROMs. Do you have links to his YouTube and/or the streams to see these in action? All I've seen are screenshots thus far.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
So in terms of storage space (same as NES classic) we're looking at roughly 70 games max, or 1/10 of the NTSC US library..

People say you can double that by using third party emulators that support compressed files, but why would you do that when the whole point is using the first party emulator by NERD with the new official SuperFX emulation and the eyecandy of the main menu and the backgrounds..

Last edited by GBA rocks,

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So in terms of storage space (same as NES classic) we're looking at roughly 70 games max, or 1/10 of the NTSC US library..

People say you can double that by using third party emulators that support compressed files, but why would you do that when the whole point is using the first party emulator by NERD with the new officila SuperFX emulation..

If you compress them, 150 or so games. The games would just be in ZIP or 7z format. Pretty sure compressed ROMs will work fine on NERD's emulator.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
If you compress them, 150 or so games. The games would just be in ZIP or 7z format.

But not with the built-in nintendo emulator.
You should use retroarch to load zip/7z roms.
I personally see little point in that, if I bought the snes classic I'd wanna use the nintendo blessed emulator. That's the whole point.
But others may think otherwise and appreciate the "box" design and the two included gamepads anyway.

Reactions: SrTommy

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But not with the built-in nintendo emulator.
You should use retroarch to load zip/7z roms.
I personally see little point in that, if I bought the snes classic I'd wanna use the nintendo blessed emulator. That's the whole point.
But others may think otherwise and appreciate the "box" design and the two included gamepads anyway.

Then you're gonna have to pick and choose what games to use, then. IDK what to tell ya. I only want a handful of games on NERD's emulator.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
Then you're gonna have to pick and choose what games to use, then. IDK what to tell ya. I only want a handful of games on NERD's emulator.

Yes...it's not like 70 games are a small number anyway...
It's just different from the NES classic situation where you could feasibly put the whole library from one region in it. (the games being smaller of course)

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes...it's not like 70 games are a small number anyway...
It's just different from the NES classic situation where you could feasibly put the whole library from one region in it. (the games being smaller of course)

No need to be smarmy, what do you expect?:rolleyes: NES games are 256-512 KB in most cases, Snes games are 1-4 MB, of course it's not gonna hold as many. Beggars can't be choosers.

Daddy Horror

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

We finally understood the format of SNESMini's ROMs. It's the same as WiiU Virtual Console. So we can upload SNES ROMs and use original emulator. New hakchi2 with SNES Mini support coming soon.

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Oh man, that's freaking awesome, but Chrono Trigger was never released on the Wii U VC (was on the Wii VC), wonder how that game would be injected :P Sounds like it's gonna be sweet :P

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
No need to be smarmy, what do you expect?:rolleyes: NES games are 256-512 KB in most cases, Snes games are 1-4 MB, of course it's not gonna hold as many. Beggars can't be choosers.

uhm..? I was 100% unironic.
A selection of 70 games is more than enough for me, on this kind of device.

It's just fascinating to think about having "every game ever" of a given platform in a little box with genuine gamepads. Just thinking.

Kushan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I wasn't around for the NES mini, but has anyone ever experimented with expanding the storage on the device, possibly using some kind of OTG adapter/hub?

KnuxTheFox

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
70 games is plenty, and IIRC, Original games can be deselected, and Hakchi basically reflashes the system with the updated content. So, if you don't care about games like Street Fighter II' Turbo (perhaps favoring Super Street Fighter II' as SFC Classic has) Or not a fan of RPGs, Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy III, Earthbound can be deselected and you'll have more room for the games you want.

tuco11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that 70 in addition to the 21 that it already comes with? Or 70 total? Sorry new to this. I have a folder of 70 SNES roms waiting to be added :) .

Actarus9999

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello everybody,

I just arrived in your wonderful community because I just acquired in France a Super Nintendo Mini but find the catalog very poor I thought I will wait may be that the same operation as the NES Mini last year may be available on Super Nintendo Mini but here I would like to have the opportunity to play a very large collection of Japanese RPG that have been translated by fans in French but also to French Roma who are therefore in PAL.

But I imagine that the Super Nintendo Mini console even if it has an emulator that runs the whole official catalog with all the chips that came out it must be limited for PAL NTSC frequencies etc ... where I am wrong?

And games translated with methods like Ipspatcher would you think?

Thank you in advance to illuminate my lantern because otherwise I find myself with a console on arms certainly with 21 games but more it would be a plus.

the_randomizer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
uhm..? I was 100% unironic.
A selection of 70 games is more than enough for me, on this kind of device.

It's just fascinating to think about having "every game ever" of a given platform in a little box with genuine gamepads. Just thinking.

Well, it sounded sarcastic, so I wasn't sure..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch