Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

laharl22

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can keep asking but it's not gonna work. Your better off getting a usb stick with the app and rims and doing it on another computer. Friends of family member who has a more up to date OS
Thanks for you response now i have installed ce and many cores but now my SNES classic pad are not detected how to fix?thanks

Dellamorte13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys, I have a question for ya. I have 2 Hakchis on my PC - Hakchi v2.11 with NES games only and a NES mini with NES games only. I also have Hakchi v2.31 with only SNES games for a hacked SNES mini with SNES games only.

Soooooo I want to wipe both minis, start from scratch and download the newest version of Hakchi so I can put only NES games on the NES and SNES on the SNES mini but I'm skiddish about wiping them. I want to only use Hakchi and Canoe but with Retroarch for a few troubled games.

I'm doing this because I want more games and for some reason when I add more games to either system, they crash and give me C2/C8 errors (I'm even using folders with ~35 games per page). I only have 118 games on the NES and 115 on the SNES.

Can someone please give me a simple step by step on how to wipe the minis and uninstall both Hakchis so that I can start over from scratch?

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally got a SNES classic, and your tool ended up helping a ton getting me up and running. I guess the obvious question now is that it was strongly implied one could install Retroarch or some such on here, so that the unit can emulate more systems, and have alternate ways of running the existing library? Having downloaded hakchi 2.31 and using a freshly unboxed SNES mini, I failed to see any such modules available, and wasn't sure where and how I would do that.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having a problem with this app and my nes classic. for some reason, the app doesn't detect the nes classic. I do have it plugged in to the machine via usb. I just need to delete a duplicated game from my roms' lsit. thanks.

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trying to play X-Men Children Of The Atom but there is no intro music. The audio of the game it's self works just fine, but during the attract mode when you start the game, it's just silent. Not a big deal, I just thought that there could be something I could do. I tried the game on my computer and the intro audio is there. Don't know why it's not there on the nes classic.

NGamerCole

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I haven't hacked the SNES Classic yet, so I was curious if after hacking it, does it still run short trailers of the games that are built into it? There's a local used game store chain where I live and they want to have a SNES Classic for customers to try out games BUT still keep playing it's trailers on idle

VirgileVILE

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm trying to run Ginga Fukei Densetsu Sapphire, a PC Engine CD-ROM game that used an "arcade card" but I can't. Has anyone managed to make it work? Thanks!

edit: bad dump, problem fixed by myself.

Last edited by VirgileVILE,

darkovo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Any idea if it's possible to remove the 1p icon (for 1 Player) against customer folders on the SNES Mini ? I know it shouldn't annoy me, but it does :)

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to run the Willow arcade game on my nes classic. I have fba/cps2 cores, as well as mame2003. It didn't work with mame2003. When I click to play it, it just went to a black screen then after a few seconds, it takes me back to the main menu. I've done some research and found that Willow is a CPS1 game. Does this mean it will work with the fba core ?

Spottedfeather

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still can't get Willow to work. I changed the line command to open the fba core, but it did the same thing....went to a black screen for a few seconds then kicked me back to the game choice menu. Again, I have fbalpha and CPS2 cores. I have mame2003, mame2000, and mame2010.

Finally got Willow to work on mame 2000.

Last edited by Spottedfeather,

plyscho

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi guys, I could use some help... Last year I've lost all my hakchi2 data in a hard disk crash.

Is there any way to recover the files from my SNES Mini to add further games and update some of the patches? I know there should be a ftp server on the hacked SNES Mini, right?

Sadly I don't remember which hakchi version or fork is used.

(Yeah, I know the kernel is lost... shouldn't be too much of an issue, tho.)

Last edited by plyscho,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
does hakchi create a txt whenever you add games? because, I can't seem to get it to list any games aside from the default ones. I need to delete one game. I was told to go to the hakchi website, but I can't find my list of games.

D4X

Ultra 64
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
While I don't own an NES/SNES Mini myself, I modded up a friend of mine's units recently, and she loved playing the games we grew up with when I put on the additional ROMs. Just wanted to extend a massive thanks to all involved for developing hakchi2.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte