Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Higgy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I am having a nightmare dual booting my NESC to SNESC.
I have tried a number of methods and end up with the same: I can get it to boot into a SNES but the NES games I add (when in SNES Hakchi mode) won't load and there is no boxart.

Looking at the Hakchi command line it is directing to the original NES location. But the files are stored in the SNES part. If I change the command line to where they are stored I get the boxart but it still will not run them.

What SNES kernel are people using, I used Euro v14 and Hakchi 2.21f.

Smitchell6879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the eu/us mini nes has both zelda and the castlevania 1 and 2 from factory in it and they works.
the eu version of the games are only in english.
and because that is no advantage to use the europe rom

The eur verison is the us verison. It just has a euro case the rooms are us at 60 hz not pal so your right I have not and see no need to dual boot eur I just dual booted us version and Japanese version since they are different and I have found out that 2 jpn game will not play Zelda and Castlevania jpn veriosn so this maybe fixed with command line and use retroarch...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I add a game with an autoplay file on the Snes classic, and if later I uncheck the game, it will remove the game, but will it remove the autoplay file?
If no, how can I delete it? With the FTP function? But I don't know how to use it and don't want to bbreak my Snes.

If your adding the autoplay from my Google drive you should have add the file in the game file under hacki...

So it wouldgo to snes_games>"hakchi game naming"

That way when u resync it gets added and when u uncheck it goes away... But if you added over ftp it should remove it but you can always ftp in again and double check or remove it yourself

Reactions: Hellequin

bigjohnx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Hi everybody,

Yesterday I tried to add Famicom Disk System (i.e. FDS file) to the game list, sync, and finally cannot start it (blank screen for 10 second then return to title screen).

Any experts have some experience on FDS and share some idea to starting up Famicom FDS games?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Today's Core UPDATE 11-6-17:)

First-Off, thanks for bearing with me as I have done adjustments to try to better Save Ability for N64/GBA. Again, thanks to @kaosushijin, @NeroSchiz, and @krofinzki! In any case, I have arrived at a potential Median that should work for a majority of Games (some of you may have experienced Manual Save issues with GBA. But, this is now corrected!). Too little incremental time leads to No Save or Corrupt Saves. Too much incremental time leads also leads to No Save or Corrupt Saves. I tested the current adjustment with games like Banjo-Kazooie, Legend of Zelda - Ocarina of Time on N64, and Mother 3 on GBA, etc. Again, manual saves do not work for N64! So, do not use them. In-Game saves do work! If the game is too large (N64 wise, you will need to run it uncompressed, so that in-game saves work! I will see about other adjustments. But, this is pretty stable for now. Most games save, just fine! Those that do not, work with saves, when uncompressed:) This primarily affects N64/GBA! PS1, for example, works...no matter what size the game:) Install the latest RetroArch in today's Core Update to apply this adjusted fix:) Otherwise, I updated Yabause (Sega Saturn), SNES9x & SNES9x2010, MAME 2003 (DJ Boy now works!!!), FBA 2016, and Mednafen Virtual Boy. I addressed the Atari 800 Core and Bios Read issues. You can install JUST the Atari 800 Core, and not worry about configuration file, nor Bios:) I also adapted this to other Cores that have required Bios installs, within reason, of course! You will no longer need to install Bios for PS1, FDS, CPS2, Odyssey, FMSX, etc. The only Bios you will still need to install, will be ones you can see plain, in sight, within this Core Update! Obviously, if you want to run only ColecoVision, using BlueMSX, you do not need the 5 Mb Bios install for MSX Games! It is pretty laid out, and not hard to comprehend what I changed:) Basically, if the Core needs Bios, and you do not see an HMOD for said Bios in this set, they will automatically install with the respective Cores! I will adjust the ReadMe Files in my NEXT Update. Lastly, I also added 8bitdo Beta Firmware. The main thing, for now...was to roll out some of these changes for you all to enjoy! Enjoy today's Update!!!

https://github.com/KMFDManic/NESC-SNESC-Modifications/releases/

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
May I add ip notice information (legal notices, main menu) via FTP? I only added 10 games to my NES/SNES and I would like them shown in the screen just like the following:
MEGA MAN™ 2 ©CAPCOM CO,. LTD. 1988, 2016, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED – MARIO BROS. ©1983 NINTENDO…

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
May I add ip notice information (legal notices, main menu) via FTP? I only added 10 games to my NES/SNES and I would like them shown in the screen just like the following:
MEGA MAN™ 2 ©CAPCOM CO,. LTD. 1988, 2016, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED – MARIO BROS. ©1983 NINTENDO…
for that? you must edit the title

Mamertos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
you must edit the desktop file in the game folder or with hakchi tht title.

but to edit the orginal games wird not easy with the snes game because they are in a read only nand.

on dual boot the mini nes games are to edit.

but you must also use a specifik text length that can be displayed

Reactions: Mamertos

thebeaver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I just update hakchi2 to 2.21f release.

I synchronized the mini snes and now I can't load any original games.
I've tried to use the "Search" botton, but I couldn't find anything.

Is there any way to restore all the games, without losing all the save points?

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I just update hakchi2 to 2.21f release.

I synchronized the mini snes and now I can't load any original games.
I've tried to use the "Search" botton, but I couldn't find anything.

Is there any way to restore all the games, without losing all the save points?

Did you update with web installer or what?

spyder918

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does I need to uninstall all previous modules first? Or just drag-and-drop your modules zip and perform install modules again just OK?

Yeah do we need to uninstall the previous modules and then install the new ones?

Also, for N64, how do you guys do in game saves?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol