Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Some of you probably already know this. Anyways, I found a way to free a few more megabytes on my system. By compressing the downloaded boxart, I went from 150 mb to 138 mb of used space with this tool, giving me an increase of 8%. Any compression tool will do, I believe! Hope you find it helpful. Note: I only have SNESC games on my system.

Last edited by Advokaten,
Reactions: artemus3

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ok, i was not aware of that. I suppose a kernel patch is needed. Kernel sources were not available "to the mass" but probably madmonkey or someone else reversed it or has some sources to edit and recompile; anyway i suppose it will become public soon :) :)
the one from which i have it works mith madmonkey but they will release it to public when the software is better then now.
the programm need work to be user friendly.

at the moment you must insert the games und modify it from hand.
at a great games libary it is a hard work

Last edited by Liriel,
Reactions: asper

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
the one from which i have it works mith madmonkey but they will release it to public when the software is better then now.
the programm need work to be user friendly.

at the moment you must insert the games und modify it from hand.
at a great games libary it is a hard work
Alright!! So you are beta testing the software if I understand correctly. If all this can be achieved without hard modding the system, I’ll be a happy man:) Keep us up to date as this is extremely interesting:)

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what cable? look in one there posting before one 1 of the pages bevor your post.

its a usb to go cable.
it allow that power can be used and a usb cable at the same time.
where to buy? on the internet ^^

Dellamorte13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys,

Today's my birthday, I have the day off of work and am bored so I want to make the leap and add Retroarch to my SNES Classic. I'm sick of not being able to play Uniracers and Alien vs. Predator.

I've been using the portable version of Hakchi V. 2.21c on my PC for the SNES and the old version 2.11 of the NES hakchi on my desktop separately. I'd like to combine them and have one, new version of Hakchi for both NES/SNES Classics with Retroarch running, however, I am not technically savvy...at all. I'm afraid I'll f*** it up.

I'll be on my desktop for most of the morning so could someone please PM me a clear way to do this?
Again, I'm dumb at this so I'd need step-by-step instructions

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys,

Today's my birthday, I have the day off of work and am bored so I want to make the leap and add Retroarch to my SNES Classic. I'm sick of not being able to play Uniracers and Alien vs. Predator.

I've been using the portable version of Hakchi V. 2.21c on my PC for the SNES and the old version 2.11 of the NES hakchi on my desktop separately. I'd like to combine them and have one, new version of Hakchi for both NES/SNES Classics with Retroarch running, however, I am not technically savvy...at all. I'm afraid I'll f*** it up.

I'll be on my desktop for most of the morning so could someone please PM me a clear way to do this?
Again, I'm dumb at this so I'd need step-by-step instructions
You can take a look at the tutorials I've made in my signature. They're pretty easy to follow.

Dellamorte13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can take a look at the tutorials I've made in my signature. They're pretty easy to follow.

I appreciate that and it would be great if I were starting from scratch with both systems but I have two separate systems on two separate Hakchis and I have no idea how to have one Hakchi for both without messing something up.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Could I just add Retroarch to the SNES Hakchi portable version so I can play the problematic games? Or does Retroarch only work with the full version of Hakchi?

PPlays

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I appreciate that and it would be great if I were starting from scratch with both systems but I have two separate systems on two separate Hakchis and I have no idea how to have one Hakchi for both without messing something up.

Could I just add Retroarch to the SNES Hakchi portable version so I can play the problematic games? Or does Retroarch only work with the full version of Hakchi?
I don't personally know if that's possible. You'd have to have two different hakchis in two different folders.

Dellamorte13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I was afraid of that. I'd like to just start all over with one Hakchi for both NES/SNES but I'm afraid of deleting the wrong thing or messing something else up.

Dellamorte13

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In hakchi, you can find a tab named "Save State manager", there you can export and import save states :)
Damn, I don't have that for my NES Hakchi as it's too old of a version.

Sigh. I give up. This is seems to be a big hassle. I don't need Alien vs. Predator, Uniracers or Super Wrestlemania that bad, I suppose.

Smitchell6879

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK guys,

Today's my birthday, I have the day off of work and am bored so I want to make the leap and add Retroarch to my SNES Classic. I'm sick of not being able to play Uniracers and Au
I do. So what do I have to do to delete everything? Is there a way to save my savestates?

If it where me I would download the news hakchi2.21f debug zip....
I prefer zip for the portability.

Then once u extract it you can copy over the dump folder from both of you other hakchis...
Also copy the game folder and SNES games folder...

Once done you should be good... And if not u still have the other 2 setups because your not actually deleting anything until you know your good

Damn, I don't have that for my NES Hakchi as it's too old of a version.

Sigh. I give up. This is seems to be a big hassle. I don't need Alien vs. Predator, Uniracers or Super Wrestlemania that bad, I suppose.

Once you move the dump folder over to the newest hacki you can plug up the NES and go to setting and export all you save states before actually updating the software on it.

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Once you move the dump folder over to the newest hacki you can plug up the NES and go to setting and export all you save states before actually updating the software on it.

Yep, you can update your hakchi and then go back to original kernel, if that's what you'd like! :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Poor and jaundiced is he!