Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Fire-WSP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can somebody please send me a good dump of the Kernel for the japanese Super Famicom Mini?
It reports always the size of my dump is wrong. I would like to correct this. Thanks

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Daffy Duck: The Marvin Missions (USA) has a known/confirmed issue (under Canoe), during the gameplay often the screen flickering/flashing... I tried the European version (obviously with the "LoROM to NTSC" patch), but nothing has changed, it has the same issue/bug. The hakchi preset ID is 0x0000, does anyone know an alternative (appropriate) ID to make a test?

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
yesterday updated snes9x core and retroarch with 2.21f,first added mods,then flashed custom kernel and then uploaded games,all games c7,why???
Just flashed back to original state and uninstall hakchi.is 2.21f broken?

Last edited by fille,

cokeaddict

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can somebody please send me a good dump of the Kernel for the japanese Super Famicom Mini?
It reports always the size of my dump is wrong. I would like to correct this. Thanks
It's possible you have a kernel that is not known yet, if you are getting that error when dumping the original kernel

fille

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
i just redid the process,actraiser 2 is working,,tryed donkey kong country 1-2-3 and a few other games,all c7,do any1 here have problems with 2.21f?
those are games that work in canoe.

Last edited by fille,

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm I installed Hakchi2 2.21e as my first install on hakchi2 without any issues. Now I wanted to update it to 2.21f. I copied all the folders to the new installation (dump, games and games_snes) and when trying to flash custom kernel I get a message saying md5 code does not match, should I continue. I stopped the process. Console is working fine. How can I update hakchi to new version then?

Last edited by Bullseye,

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hmm I installed Hakchi2 2.21e as my first install on hakchi2 without any issues. Now I wanted to update it to 2.21f. I copied all the folders to the new installation (dump, games and games_snes) and when trying to flash custom kernel I get a message saying md5 code does not match, should I continue. I stopped the process. Console is working fine. How can I update hakchi to new version then?

You don't have to flash custom kernal every time now when doing hakchi upgrades.

Bullseye

Trophies
XP
Country
You don't have to flash custom kernal every time now when doing hakchi upgrades.

Ok, then how do I get my console to upgrade with new hakchi2? Do I have to sync games again?

EDIT: "Scripts autoupdate, so you don't need to reflash custrom kernel after every update."
Does this mean that just by starting the new hakchi2 with my console connected it will just update it?

Last edited by Bullseye,

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yesterday updated snes9x core and retroarch with 2.21f,first added mods,then flashed custom kernel and then uploaded games,all games c7,why???
Just flashed back to original state and uninstall hakchi.is 2.21f broken?

Retroarch is a module (additional software), then it must be installed after you update the custom kernel and, obviously, it must be uninstalled first you uninstall the custom kernel... the right procedure should be as follows:

- export all savestates with "savestate manager" (and after delete them from NES/SNES mini NAND) [optional]
- remove all modules installed (e.g. retroarch, extra_space, music_hack, etc.) [probably it's better remove the modules one by one]
- uninstall custom kernel
- flash the original kernel [not essential]
- flash new custom kernel
- re-install the modules [probably it's better add the modules one by one]
- re-import savestates with "savestate manager" [optional]

Reactions: youngtune27

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
th
i just redid the process,actraiser 2 is working,,tryed donkey kong country 1-2-3 and a few other games,all c7,do any1 here have problems with 2.21f?
those are games that work in canoe.
then you have do something wrong.
DKC 1-2-3 works finde in us and pal version(with ntsc patch).
only the Pal version of DKC 2 has a bug that you can not finish the first level

Last edited by Liriel,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: After my shower +1