Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm I installed Hakchi2 2.21e as my first install on hakchi2 without any issues. Now I wanted to update it to 2.21f. I copied all the folders to the new installation (dump, games and games_snes) and when trying to flash custom kernel I get a message saying md5 code does not match, should I continue. I stopped the process. Console is working fine. How can I update hakchi to new version then?
I just went from E to F in a jiffy. And I don’t have those issues. Usually you get a md5 code doesn’t match when your trying to dump a modded kernel. Which you can do actually.

Last edited by youngtune27,

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is 2.21f the version that includes the sound glitch/slowdown fix? The description seems wrong on Github. Says it came out 16 days ago, and the list of files says it's 2.21d but the links are 2.21f, and it does state "slowdown fix".

Last edited by NESjimbo,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is 2.21f the version that includes the sound glitch/slowdown fix? The description seems wrong on Github. Says it came out 16 days ago, and the list of files says it's 2.21d but the links are 2.21f, and it does state "slowdown fix".
ignore the day time on github!

2.21f has the slowdown fix in it and is only a few days old

Reactions: NESjimbo

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. And what's the most efficient way to update my system from e to f? Install new Hakchi and select "Boot patched kernel from RAM"? Or should I do a full uninstall/reinstall?

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s because he keeps updating 2.21. From a to b and so on. Where before he didnt do that very much. Like it was something 2.12 then 2.13 then 2.14 then 2.14b then 2.15 etc. he never stayed on same version. Now he is just updating same version pretty much. I’m assuming that’s how he got scripts to auto update for web installer version.

Last edited by youngtune27,

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That’s because he keeps updating 2.21. From a to b and so on. Where before he didnt do that very much. Like it was something 2.12 then 2.13 then 2.14 then 2.14b then 2.15 etc. he never stayed on same version. Now he is just updating same version pretty much. I’m assuming that’s how he got scripts to auto update for web installer version.
I'm not quite sure how Github works, but versions b-e show 18, 16, 14, 8 days old.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks. And what's the most efficient way to update my system from e to f? Install new Hakchi and select "Boot patched kernel from RAM"? Or should I do a full uninstall/reinstall?
mmh i flash at a new hakchi version the custom kernel new and deinstall and install new the moduls.

why you will use the "Boot patched kernel from RAM" function?

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

You need to do a full uninstall/reinstall procedure (today I already posted a small "step by step" guide). With "Boot patched kernel from RAM" hakchi loads the patched kernel into the NES/SNES RAM, but it's temporary, only until you switch off the console.

Reactions: NESjimbo

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I'm not quite sure how Github works, but versions b-e show 18, 16, 14, 8 days old.
ignore it! cluster make no new post with every version because he updates the old version post.
2.21F ist only 2 days old

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need to do a full uninstall/reinstall procedure (today I already posted a small "step by step" guide). With "Boot patched kernel from RAM" hakchi loads the patched kernel into the NES/SNES RAM, but it's temporary, only until you switch off the console.
flashing the new custom kernel is enough!
you dont need to uninstall the custom kernel

Gab75

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
flashing the new custom kernel is enough!
you dont need to uninstall the custom kernel

Yes, as you wrote, it's not necessary uninstall the old custom kernel, before to install a new custom version, but ClusterM suggested to uninstall the old kernel for a better clean update...

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

What is the max capacity storage of snes classic with hakchi2?

If I'm not wrong, without any additional module the storage should be about 237-238 MB... obviously you need to consider that a part of free space is needed for the savestates.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does it matter if you run "uninstall custom kernel" from v2.21f if 2.21e is installed on the SNES? Or is it better to open 2.21e, remove custom kernel, close 2.21e, open 2.21f, install custom kernel?

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello if i have a pal Snes mini is it best to use Pal roms or Ntsc?
Also can i play nes and mega drive roms on it with no issues?
If i already own a mini Nes can i play Snes roms on it with no issues?
Will the Snes controller fit the mini Nes?
Thanks

Last edited by shanefromoz,

djkav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks

The pal snes mini comes with the US/NTSC roms anyways. I always use the US roms for my EU mini.
Yeah, it can play NES and Megadrive games fine with Genesis and Retroarch cores installed.
An original SNES controller from the 90s would need some sort of adaptor, as the SNES mini uses the same controller connectors as the NES mini.

NESjimbo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks
There's no such thing as a PAL SNES Classic. All systems run at 60Hz only.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe