Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Localhorst86

Robert'); DROP TABLE members;--
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I measured with my Belkin meter. It is very accurate, I use it a lot. I did it again (with the last "Release" version) with the custom kernel. You can see wih your own eyes, I took a shot (SNES is in game menu):

(My SNES is an EUR one with d76c2a091ebe7b4614589fc6954653a5)

Photo:

View attachment 101983

Could be that some SNES are "faulty" from origin?

(When in-game it raise up to 4.2W sometimes)

Have you tried uninstalling hakchi2 completely using the uninstall option and starting from scratch? How many games did you add? Do you have any mods or hack settings? I myself started my measurements from a "virgin" system, i.e. no prior hacks and leaving most settings in hakchi2 at default.

Reactions: the_randomizer

vanditr

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How I installed retroarch on SNESC. This is just a quick little tutorial to get started somewhere. I hope it helps some people.

1) Download the lastest cores from https://ufile.io/d71r5
(main thread here: https://www.reddit.com/r/miniSNES/comments/73nvd3/the_designated_snesnes_classic_modifications/)

2) Extract the file somewhere on your computer (not in Hakchi folder yet)

3) Go to the extracted folder (kmfdmanic-v2.5-nescsnesc-cores10-7-17) and navigate to the base core in folder "HMOD_Standard_Versions". The file is named "_km_retroarch_standard_snesc_10_7_17"

4) Copy this file to you Hakchi-Install-Directory in the folder "user_mods" as long with other modules you want to use.

I just use a few

_km_genesis_plus_gx_10_5_17
for Sega Mega Drive and Master System

_km_mgba_gb_gbc_gba_9_30_17
for Gameboy, Gameboy Color & GBA

_km_nestopia_9_23_17
NES

_km_stella_9_17_17
Atari VCS 2600

5) If you now restart Hakchi2 the modules will be visible when you select MODULES -> INSTALL EXTRA MODULES. Just select and the kernel will be installed.

6) Now you can add several roms to the games folder and add coverart (exactly like you did with SNES roms). Unzip your roms and add them. Compression works fine with retroarch.

NOTE: It doesnt work quite good when you try to add coverart for non-snes-games automatically, I added them mostly by hand. The games folder will be a mess if you add many games. I already suggested columns for sorting the games window on github (then you can select games for one system at once). If you have a coverart file (.PNG or .JPG, maybe more formats are supported I don't know) in your roms-folder which is namend EXACTLY like the rom-file, Hakchi will recognize it and add the cover automatically.

7) I recommend SETTINGS -> PAGES/FOLDER STRUCTURE -> CUSTOM.

8) Press "Synchronize selected games..." and connect your SNESC.

9) Now you can create different folders (for each system for example) and add nice icons. I never had problems having a large number of files in one folder.

connect your SNES mini to TV, reboot and enjoy your other systems on your SNES mini!

is this like a old way to do it? has nothing to do with the files cluster put earlier

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i wonder the same thing

If you want to install retroarch, download the 0.8 pop the retroarch and cores hmod files into your user mods, and then install them on haxchi

Then just add --retroarch to the command line of those tricky to run SNES games. And it should now load them into the snes9x2010 core automatically.

You can even add the fceumm hmod core from the other guys retroarch release to run NES games too (following his instructions).

can you show a screenshot of the usermod folder?

NVM I checked my old hakchi for NES and saw how everything should be.

Just dump all the cores in the same folder as the rest and not the cores folder itself.

Last edited by The Frenchman,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried uninstalling hakchi2 completely using the uninstall option and starting from scratch? How many games did you add? Do you have any mods or hack settings? I myself started my measurements from a "virgin" system, i.e. no prior hacks and leaving most settings in hakchi2 at default.

Do you retain saves when you flash back to stock and then to custom again?

hoderer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

evilone

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
I'm clueless as to how to add the "--retroarch" command. Do we put it at the end of the existing command?

here my example from Act Raiser 2... works fine.

/bin/clover-canoe-shvc-wr -rom /usr/share/games/CLV-U-WEBRY/ActRaiser_2_(USA).sfrom.7z --volume 100 --retroarch -rollback-snapshot-period 600

For me every game which was not working is working with RetroArch and with 16:9 and Buffer enabled it looks awesome.
Save function is working, ingame Reset aswell (also with controller hack) just takes 1-2 sec longer.

Street Fighter Alpha 2 is working, not 100% perfect, but 95% some times slow downs.
Wrestling Games are working.
Illusion of Time / Gaia is working.
Uniracers working.

Im really thinking about to put all my games with retroarch, as its really nice.

Only thing i had was, i have more issues with the Kernel as with RC5, sometimes the console starts and then i see the picture for 1 second and the color of the screen change green or grey or something like that,
then i have to do a hard reboot (disconnect from power), mostly its working again.

When i tried to flash the custom kernel again, then i got the first time the Check-Sum Error, when i tried to ignore it Hakchi refuse and said wrong size. (this was in the RC versions not the case).

Last edited by evilone,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Even my mum slept on that uremum