Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

youngtune27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20170325_031448-01.jpeg

Grab here: zelda BotW theme wanted a bit more of a calming bkgrnd music !then it turned into a full theme...
That's beautiful

Reactions: DatSpacedude

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a rom hack for SMB3 called Mario Adventure, installed on my NESC. The game glitches and crashes using stock emulator, FC and Nestopia from the UI. However, when I open RetroArch, load the core and load the ROM, it runs fine. It's the only file that does that, and it's a hack, so it doesn't really matter. But why would it run fine when loading everything manually but not from the UI?
It was probably a bad patch or rom. Try another one. I have Mario Adventure working great on my NESC and it loads from GUI.

Reactions: NESjimbo

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
That's beautiful
cheers!
That's a thing of beauty. Just a quick question....where did you find those pictures for the different systems ?
cheers also! i grab them from here on gba and forums like retropie etc and reddit mostly.. ill be zipping my selections of what i like or what i find and putting stuff on same place as botw theme v soon once i package it all up

Last edited by Piklz,

DatSpacedude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20170325_031448-01.jpeg

Grab here: zelda BotW theme wanted a bit more of a calming bkgrnd music !then it turned into a full theme...
Helloooo, just installed your .hmod and I love it so damn much, it's definitely the best theme I've had on my mini, hands down. Just one thing, whenever I start up the nes mini, the menu music doesn't play until I navigate away from the home screen to another screen (go into a different folder or console on the UI). After that, the music plays beautifully and as intended, even going back to the home screen plays the music normally. Is this normal behavior for this .hmod or is it just me experiencing this?

Last edited by DatSpacedude,

Jojse

Trophies
XP
Country
Helloooo, just installed your .hmod and I love it so damn much, it's definitely the best theme I've had on my mini, hands down. Just one thing, whenever I start up the nes mini, the menu music doesn't play until I navigate away from the home screen to another screen (go into a different folder or console on the UI). After that, the music plays beautifully and as intended, even going back to the home screen plays the music normally. Is this normal behavior for this .hmod or is it just me experiencing this?
I was thinking the same thing with the music, why it's not playing on start... Great if that could be fixed?

Piklz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.pixelpiklz.com
XP
Country
United States
I was thinking the same thing with the music, why it's not playing on start... Great if that could be fixed?
I was too thinking about this lol!! if only i knew why nesmini gave me sleepness nights! I've been trying diff things and hope to iron that out soon

update: its fixed same link just redownload it (its a smaller zip file) .. tested it just now and it starts playing without going into menus folders etc maybe a memory issue!? sorry bout that :)!

Last edited by Piklz,
Reactions: DatSpacedude

ezi0n

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
did anyone have the issue yet that everything seems to work just fine - but after you shut the nesmini down and restart it next day some games no longer work and it will blackscreen and throw you back to the menu again? not sure how to troubleshoot that behaviour or is there are any logfiles been written

for me I have added snes games to it - all working fine - then added n64 games still working fine for nes/snes/n64 - next day snes no longer works the others do without any issue ...

Last edited by ezi0n,

psygho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hello i have some questions:

1: i am running latest 2.14 release, with snes 2005 core,is the new fixed 2010 core alot improvement over the 2005 core ? If so? what exactly is better ?

2: Wich is the best Sega CD core ? and how does this work ? Wich extension does the file needs to be ?
EDIT: Well ques it is not really possible, wel sort of, but i read you do not have sound. Not gonne work for me..

3: if i add a new core, (example) for sega32xgames (picodrive?), will all mine genisis / master system games use this NEW added core as wel??
Or wil only the newer games wich i add after this core ,uses this core ? or have a manualy adress the newer game to the newer core in the command line arguments. ? Iam a little lost here... sorry if it was asked before.

Would be verry thankfull foryou ansers!

Last edited by psygho,

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello i have some questions:

1: i am running latest 2.14 release, with snes 2005 core,is the new fixed 2010 core alot improvement over the 2005 core ? If so? what exactly is better ?

2: Wich is the best Sega CD core ? and how does this work ? Wich extension does the file needs to be ?
EDIT: Well ques it is not really possible, wel sort of, but i read you do not have sound. Not gonne work for me..

3: if i add a new core, (example) for sega32xgames (picodrive?), will all mine genisis / master system games use this NEW added core as wel??
Or wil only the newer games wich i add after this core ,uses this core ? or have a manualy adress the newer game to the newer core in the command line arguments. ? Iam a little lost here... sorry if it was asked before.

Would be verry thankfull foryou ansers!
I've been using genplus gx for trimmed sega cd games (monkey island is only 4mb).. Just rename the iso extension to smd and it will work (Install the bios the usual way 'bios_CD_U.bin '). Cd music doesn't work but the normal sound effects in game play great. All my megadrive games work fine. I've not tried picodrive.

Last edited by MrTea,
Reactions: psygho

Datmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
How should I set up hakchi and retroarch to get the fastest Neo Geo emulation possible? Sorry for newb question, but I am new to this. I tried following a Spanish Youtube Guide () but what I don't understand is the process of uninstalling Retroarch and reinstalling it afterwards? And also, what retroarch files to use? I now have a "retroarch.hmod"-file, but in the video the guy has a retroarch.hmod-FOLDER - what is the difference?

I got Neo Geo working, but I get slowdown in some games (Neo Turf Masters for example) that the same Youtube uploader doesn't (). This puzzles me :S

psygho

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've been using genplus gx for trimmed sega cd games (monkey island is only 4mb).. Just rename the iso extension to smd and it will work (Install the bios the usual way 'bios_CD_U.bin '). Cd music doesn't work but the normal sound effects in game play great. All my megadrive games work fine. I've not tried picodrive.
What is the usual way to include the bios for mods that needs Bios ??
Have not done this before

-Another Question, doe the Genisis plus GXcore wil run sega32x? roms ?

Last edited by psygho,

Datmonkey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there an (English) tutorial on how to get fba and cps2 cores working? It's not working for me. I install "fb_alpha_cps2 module", then add a CPS2 game like Marvel vs Capcom, change the "/zip" to "/cps2", add BIOS file in game directory - but the game doesn't start.

Also, I have one single "retroarch.hmod"-file, not an entire "retroarch.hmod"-folder - what's the difference?

I know these are "newb questions", but I am trying to search for a tutorial/guide but without any luck.

DatSpacedude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was too thinking about this lol!! if only i knew why nesmini gave me sleepness nights! I've been trying diff things and hope to iron that out soon

update: its fixed same link just redownload it (its a smaller zip file) .. tested it just now and it starts playing without going into menus folders etc maybe a memory issue!? sorry bout that :)!
Thank you so much for finding a fix to this problem so fast. Highly appreciate everything you did to bring this mod to life. Just Awesome :grog: Cheers

Reactions: Piklz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land