Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

AGAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was able to get my games working again but I still have to play snes and Genesis games for five seconds before quitting out and having a save state available. Has anyone else encountered something so strange?

Salvo85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I was able to get my games working again but I still have to play snes and Genesis games for five seconds before quitting out and having a save state available. Has anyone else encountered something so strange?
Yes, I have 2.14b and works the same

Marcosaltea

Trophies
XP
Country
Version 2.15

Not so many changes, just a bunch of critical fixes:
  • Using internal games packing instead of external "tar" util, it will fix "Can't pack games" error.
  • RAM memory usage optimizations, hakchi2 should work fine on x86 systems now.
  • Possible memory leak fix during folder navigation (testing required).
  • Free flash memory space automatic check and basic memory usage statistics when not enough flash memory available.
  • clovercon driver creates /dev/clovercon1 and /dev/clovercon2 now, you can read current buttons state from it, it's useful for some scripts.
  • Translations to German, Greek, Spain, Italian and Polish languages. Write if you want to help with translation.
Also check for new RetroArch mod: https://github.com/ClusterM/retroarch-clover/releases/tag/0.7
Hi Cluster! I have one question. Im quite new on that but yesterday i hacked my NES mini and was all good buy the crontoller i bought from internet( no original wii controller) doesnt work. The modell is TOOGOO classic wii controller. Do you think is there any thing you can do that? Thanks for all, you are doing a great job

Neite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi Cluster! I have one question. Im quite new on that but yesterday i hacked my NES mini and was all good buy the crontoller i bought from internet( no original wii controller) doesnt work. The modell is TOOGOO classic wii controller. Do you think is there any thing you can do that? Thanks for all, you are doing a great job

Did you install the clovercon hmod? the new one makes most of the controllers work.

Fuddy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cluster

Everything has worked great except for one time I got the C8/C2 error. I was playing Contra NES using the --retroarch --core nestopia in the command line so the game would play smoothly and it did. I had the official NES controller plugged in the 1st spot and the Ortz controller plugged into the 2nd. After playing on 2 player mode a little bit I took the official controller out the 1st and Ortz out the 2nd and plugged the Ortz into the 1st to test out. When I hit down+select to exit & save the screen went black for a second or two longer than normal and then took me back to the home screen to save the game which I did in the first save slot. After that I clicked on the save slot to start the game back up and the screen went black with the C8 error and then I got the C2 error about my settings or something.

Not sure if this was because I had it on 2 player mode and during gameplay took both controllers out and only plugged the Ortz back into the 1st slot and used it to exit+save. Don't know if this helps or if it's exclusive to hakchi but figured I'd mention it. :)

Using 2.15

Last edited by Fuddy,
Reactions: artemus3

syndrome208

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have noticed that the selected games and size counter freezes from time to time. Closing out hakchi and re-opening it will then show the correct counters. I searched the thread but non of the searches I did picked this up so might be an unknown bug.

Also a side note I have a few 3rd party Wii classic controllers coming in next week and I will run the module that pulls the info that you need @Cluster and send them over to you. I am hoping they all dont work so I can help with getting them working

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Donkey Kong Championship today and tomorrow

https://www.twitch.tv/arcademtl
live stream ^

5bb415.jpg

BCT182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone had success with cruis'n USA? I tried the N64 ROM and it clicks during the first 10-15 seconds and then all audio is lost. When you back out to the main menu audio is still gone.

AGAwesome

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, I have 2.14b and works the same

It's only 5 seconds. Who needs a save point 5 seconds in lol

That's actually a relief for me to hear it is normal with 2.14b and up. I was concerned I was breaking my system somehow or it was getting glitches. Lol

And some really tough games I quit out and go right back in to try again if I die. That's the only reason I ever quit right away. Lol.

Reactions: youngtune27

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Did you install the clovercon hmod? the new one makes most of the controllers work.

Cmiiw, but isn't clovercon.hmod inside the mod folder (not user_mods folder), i.e. mods that were auto-installed while you're updating hakchi2 (since 2.14)? Do mods inside mods folder need to be installed again manually (by moving them to user_mods first, of course -- otherwise you can't see them on hakchi2 window)?

Neite

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cmiiw, but isn't clovercon.hmod inside the mod folder (not user_mods folder), i.e. mods that were auto-installed while you're updating hakchi2 (since 2.14)? Do mods inside mods folder need to be installed again manually (by moving them to user_mods first, of course -- otherwise you can't see them on hakchi2 window)?

I had to install it just like any of the other user mods. Thats how I got my thrid party wii controllers to work. I am not 100% sure it will get installed if you leave it in the mod folder. Even if you do you would have to flash the custom kernel again so I would just do it with the user mods.

ByteThis

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
@Newcomer , @Cluster i've just installed this module "clovercon hmod" after all my installation but doesnt work this controller... is there any solution in some future updates?

Here is the Link of the product:
https://www.amazon.de/gp/product/B00IIE1V4O/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1.

I have two of those...dont work...I did the debug for Cluster..emailed it to him..and he told me it is a hardware problem..as it's not getting enough voltage and other peeps he said are having the same problem..and there is no solution for them..aka: they will probably never work..I have new pro wii classic controllers ordered..for now..lol..

maande80

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I had to install it just like any of the other user mods. Thats how I got my thrid party wii controllers to work. I am not 100% sure it will get installed if you leave it in the mod folder. Even if you do you would have to flash the custom kernel again so I would just do it with the user mods.

I did another flash after updating to the latest hakchi2 (since I added a few more games & new skin), I thought that was enough for applying the clovercon, but my Wii pro controller still hadn't work. Hmm... Maybe I should follow your method instead.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa hmmm I wonder how long until someone just vapes the straight nicotine lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I was gonna say people are not that dumb, but yea you right, some are.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People have put 50mg salt nic in straight subohm coils which is like more powerful hits
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey psi, do they have dress codes down there in FLa, here there are signs on stores that say "No shirt, no service" but curious bout down yonder
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I tried the salts and too strong for me, I prefer the norm juice
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    In Florida they don't serve you if you have clothes on
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking raining again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    How can you tell, do you see rain drops on top of other rain drops?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can tell by whenever your wife done letting out loud ass moans then I get her a ticket back home
    +1
    @BigOnYa, yeah most places demand clothes and shoes, unless it's some really back water place that I am unaware of lol
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Cool, I got lunch money for tomorrow then.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @K3Nv2 call uremum Sloppenheimer the way she givin me this bomb head
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I call uremum alzheimer she forgets to leave
    +1
    Time to start a vape straight nicotine challenge, Darwin be praised!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Imagine if Hitler had vapes, we promise it's not cyanide it'll help you quit nicotine
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Please, walk into my patented vape chamber, aka the non smoking area
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I do wonder how dominate Germany would've been if they just enlisted Jewish people
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They actually enlisted Muslims, seriously, because the Muslims hates Jews, even tho it was not the supreme race. He claimed common hate, is friendship.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He could've just made them walking shields kind of a dumb ass move
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    https://a.co/d/3km8bqC lol cd level quality I fucking hope so
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says "Not tonight, I have a gyno apt in the morning." So man rolls over, but after few minutes starts rubbing her again. She says didn't you here me, no messing around? Man says, "Well you don't have a dentist apt tomorrow also do you?"
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: So a man, wifey laying in bed, and man wants sum and rubs on her a little, she turns and says...