United States
Reactions: nesito

byevoltor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hakchi2 2.12 what's new for the mini nes.
It would be great zx spectrum emulation.
If you can with the N64, because no 8 bit machines.

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
the system takes up 212 mb or so then?
if there is a way to get more space it would help me out alot since i have a 420mb file i was gonna upload :P
You could probably get crafty and start compressing pngs, but as the actual partition size is only 390.79MB you're never going to get a 420MBs of data on there through conventional means. If You know Japanese and your handy with a soldering iron, Honeylab has a solution though. http://honeylab.hatenablog.jp/entry/2017/02/13/133622 . I'm annoyed I never learned Japanese.

Reactions: XXwillisXX

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You could probably get crafty and start compressing pngs, but as the actual partition size is only 390.79MB you're never going to get a 420MBs of data on there through conventional means. If You know Japanese and your handy with a soldering iron, Honeylab has a solution though. http://honeylab.hatenablog.jp/entry/2017/02/13/133622 . I'm annoyed I never learned Japanese.
That's fantastic! I bet a lot of people would pay to have this done. Would love to see this done with the mini, maybe cleaner without the ribbon hanging out like that.

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

That SD card looks huge compared with the Famicom mini. I remember a while ago there was some talk about the possibility to use an OTG cable (http://www.hdcabling.co.za/images/Female_USB_otg_host_cable_to_male_usb.jpg) in combination with a USB drive on the NES mini in order to get more space. If I remember correctly that was also Honeylab testing this out. I might be mistaken here but I think he said that the possibility was there but the kernel had to be re-compiled. I suppose to add drivers or something (too technical for me to explain this correctly). So there is still hope for a clean solution. Hopefully.

ften

Trophies
Website
fathertom.net
XP
Country
Bulgaria
That SD card looks huge compared with the Famicom mini. I remember a while ago there was some talk about the possibility to use an OTG cable (http://www.hdcabling.co.za/images/Female_USB_otg_host_cable_to_male_usb.jpg) in combination with a USB drive on the NES mini in order to get more space. If I remember correctly that was also Honeylab testing this out. I might be mistaken here but I think he said that the possibility was there but the kernel had to be re-compiled. I suppose to add drivers or something (too technical for me to explain this correctly). So there is still hope for a clean solution. Hopefully.
In one of his latest blog posts, he now thinks it's a hardware issue and is looking to see if he can trace down what the NES Mini board is potentially missing or is disconnected. He also recently bought an Olimex A33 dev board he is using as reference. It would be awesome if it wound up just being something that needed to be jumped and a kernel driver.

Last edited by ften,
Reactions: jelmer

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so basicly the idea is to use an sd card for extended storage? i ddint read it through much.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i dont really care as im working on shrinking the file to about 170mb or 190mb
which is turning out to be a pain in the a$$

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the SDC0 interface can be made out of the PF0-5 pins beside the RAM. There's some details here.

I wouldn't worry too much about having to make an etched flat flex PCB, someone will just move that circuit onto a small PCB with a MicroSD slot. Then you could just use some wire to hook it up.

Last edited by CalamityRaven,
Reactions: XXwillisXX

Teoc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried in another folder extract hakchi2(name this new hakchi2 folder as nesito) First test(discard the games) to do this test only from your previous hakchi2 copy the folder name dump over folder name nesito
Then enter in nesito folder and open hakchi.exe
Disable one game from list of 30 NES originals.
Make flash process. If works ok and power on your mini and only have 29 games(If don't work, please give info about.). Copy your folder /game and file config.ini from your previous hakchi2 folder into nesito folder.
When open hakchi.exe you will see again your games list, enable the game of "30 original NES" that disable before and Try to flash again.

Rgs.

I followed these instructions, but no luck. Hakchi says the NES is good to go, but when I turn it on the TV I am brought to the same screen that it was previously on. It does not even revert to asking the default language. It is as if I had not even used Hakchi at all.

Any new suggestions?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed these instructions, but no luck. Hakchi says the NES is good to go, but when I turn it on the TV I am brought to the same screen that it was previously on. It does not even revert to asking the default language. It is as if I had not even used Hakchi at all.

Any new suggestions?
Try to flash your original kernel dump, in Hakchi2 options -> Kernel -> Flash original Kernel.

Then power on and check some games. Power off and make again the steps I given to you yesterday. Put here if had any problem.

Rgs.

Teoc99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is a suggestion... not sure if you have tried this yet or not...

1: unzip the hakchi2 file to a new hakchi2 folder
2: open that hakchi2.exe
3: add the games to the list that you want added
4: download the covers
5: change any of the setting that you want ex: controller reset, autofire, etc
6: hook up the nes to the computer
7: turn the nes classics power on
8: after about 1 minute, turn the nes classic off
9: press the "synchronize selected games with the nes mini" button
10: follow the prompts

This should work as it treats it as a fresh install so you will dump your original kernal again as well as flash the custom kernal. A couple of times I had a similar issue and doing this did the trick... something about flashing the customer kernal just wasn't working as intended...

Hope this works for you.

Unfortunately, these steps also did not work for me. I even made sure to turn the nes classic on for a minute, and turn it off, prior to the synchronize. After Hakchi said I successfully modded the NESC, I plugged it into the TV, and there were only 30 games, with the arrow on Bubble Bobble, exactly where I left it. Any other suggestions?

I have modded about 15 NESC's

Is this one NESC impossible to mod??

OI3AIVIAISBLACK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately, these steps also did not work for me. I even made sure to turn the nes classic on for a minute, and turn it off, prior to the synchronize. After Hakchi said I successfully modded the NESC, I plugged it into the TV, and there were only 30 games, with the arrow on Bubble Bobble, exactly where I left it. Any other suggestions?

I have modded about 15 NESC's

Is this one NESC impossible to mod??
I had an issue modding my 3rd one...I had forgotten to flash the custom kernel then hit "synchronize selected games with NES mini" and it worked fine.

Reactions: Tootyuk and nesito

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anyone tried doing this on mac using a VM? I just tried it, but it dont boot afterwards, the power led is just blinking.

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
anyone tried doing this on mac using a VM? I just tried it, but it dont boot afterwards, the power led is just blinking.
I flashed my first one using a VM and ran into the same issue as you. You need to ensure that the main hakchi2 folder is placed in C: and not in any other folder, that sorted it out for me.

I hope that helps.

Akira

I'm not a SHRIMP!!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I flashed my first one using a VM and ran into the same issue as you. You need to ensure that the main hakchi2 folder is placed in C: and not in any other folder, that sorted it out for me.

I hope that helps.
c: of the VM right? how about the games? does it need to be there too?

bigjdoberman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I know this might sound like old news... but I actually have a question about 2.11. Question pertains to the game genie codes feature.. If I add a couple of these codes to a certain game does this game have that feature on permanently or is it something you can turn on and off in the game?

Thanks

Bigjdoberman

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know this might sound like old news... but I actually have a question about 2.11. Question pertains to the game genie codes feature.. If I add a couple of these codes to a certain game does this game have that feature on permanently or is it something you can turn on and off in the game?

Thanks

Bigjdoberman
I believe its on perm, there is no "hotkey" to switch them on/off yet, cluster has done some work with the Genie side I believe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.