Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Maccarnold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I would like to know if someone has had issues when adding 700+games. This seems like a good thing to do but I am an not sure if in the long run this could be a problem for the mini NES.

Parallax2814

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I would like to know if someone has had issues when adding 700+games. This seems like a good thing to do but I am an not sure if in the long run this could be a problem for the mini NES.

I haven't had any issues as I have 701 games on there. I run the basic stock emulator and not Reyroarch. However I get the occasional C8 error and then a C2 error when the system is restarted.

I asked this forum earlier if it was something to be worried about or if I needed a reflash, but I never got an answer.

So long term damage? No idea.

Last edited by Parallax2814,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Somebody said PSX on Mini NES Classic? Yes It can(with some lag but playable especially for 90' PC users ;) )
The concept proof as usual to check RA emulation on Mini NES Classic captured at 720p60. Core PCSX Rearmed

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

TruMisery

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lots of cool stuff being discussed in this thread now.
But basic question:
I put all the mega man games on my NES mini, but they are sorted out of order. the included mega man 2 comes after mega man 1, 3-6. I believe its because MEGA MAN 2 as a TM superscript. Is there a way to put that TM superscript on my other mega man titles? or remove it from mega man 2? I'm looking to have a superscript, and not just big ugly "TM" in the title.

Of course you can... rename all the mega man games you add to include the subscript ™... this is done by pressing "alt + 0153"

It really makes a difference in the overall looks of things in my opinion... just like for adding the fan translations of Final Fantasy with the ® which is done by pressing "alt + 0174"

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Clusters absence on this forum is actually a good thing, means he's likely working on Hakchi2 2.12. He said last week about 1-week away for the public build of the new updated Hakchi2 presumably 2.12. He's fine tuning the software for maximum compatibility / ease of use / integration of RetroArch. I'm thinking it will be released rather soon though, again Cluster himself stated sometime this week is when it would likely be released.

I personally didn't MOD my NES Classic Edition yet. Previously I was starting with 2.10 and loaded up about 80-90 games when I didn't MOD it due to I wanted to get another NES Classic just incase of bricking / issues. Then I saw 2.11, still didn't Mod with all the chatter of the complete compatibilty of the entire Library utilizing RetroArch therefor no Mapper issues and the entire NTSC library with a few personal touches. Once within the next 24-72hrs happens I'll finally Mod my Nes Classic.

Rumors are swirling that NES Classic will cease in April, Nintendo never confirmed this. Perhaps they would come out with an updated model to circumvent it from being Hacked / modded, I'm just glad I now have two on hand. And damn other than inflated priced these are still a bitch to get. I wanted to give out about 4-6 of them as gifts to friends and family members doesn't look like that's happening anytime soon. But I personally believe Nintendo will flood the market with these in 3 weeks when Nintendo Switch comes out.

Oh and again Happy Valentines to all...
Untitled_1.png
Even if they came out with a new model they would have to write their own firmware because the linux system it runs has to have a recovery mode (the one we use to add more games)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

also i can finaly enjoy retroarch/nes games as i got a 6ft controller :D
oh nose i missed the 3600th post by 5 people D:

Reactions: DR1001

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
has anyone got game genie codes working?

someone make the nes commercial a .wav format and upload it to the nes :P

ok i download the commercial time to upload :tpi:

MontyQ

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used my rom set of like 726 so far no issues at all been about week since I did it, using stock emu not retroarch

Mnecraft368

I hate my name.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
how have so many people found 700+ rom sets
i find a 1800+ rom set D:

the nes commercial C8 errors the nes D: lucky i have a backup of silence.wav

pcm720

Trophies
Website
pcm720.me
XP
Country
Russia
So I saw where eventually, we will be able to use the NESCE main screen to browse through games, select the game, then the retroarch emulator will load the game up, bypassing the ugly retroarch GUI. But will we still be able to access the RGUI to mess around with settings/map controls if we want? I would love to be able to go in there as needed, save the changed settings, then bypass RGUI and load up games the original way afterwards. This might have always been the plan, but just wanted to see what you guys think.

Yes, you'll be able to get access to RGUI if Cluster won't change RA's behaviour. That's how it works now.
You can load a game using NES main screen and then just press Down + Select to enter RGUI. Pressing reset on the console itself will take you back to NES' GUI

RA integration will make it, at least now we using a(probably) madmonkey or @pcm720 RA config files(you can edit) so it's possible that will implement , other thing it's if this will be in the next release.
Better that edit that RA files, be patient to next hakchi2 release. These men make(so well) hard work.

Rgs.

I've set the main options using RA's GUI, transferred the file via UART and changed the directories to point to ~/*. Nothing too complicated.

with retroarch is there a way to get the saves/screenshots off of the system?

Yes. For now, you'll need UART to do that. And lots of time.

Last edited by pcm720,
Reactions: nesito

Maccarnold

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I haven't had any issues as I have 701 games on there. I run the basic stock emulator and not Reyroarch. However I get the occasional C8 error and then a C2 error when the system is restarted.

I asked this forum earlier if it was something to be worried about or if I needed a reflash, but I never got an answer.

So long term damage? No idea.

Thanks for the answer. I hope everything works well in the end.

I used my rom set of like 726 so far no issues at all been about week since I did it, using stock emu not retroarch

Thanks for the answer. I will try it then and enjoy many more good and bad games.

Reactions: MontyQ

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P