Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I haven't seen anyone get the USB working in host mode yet. And that's for anything, mass storage, controllers etc. It should be possible to add in support with a custom kernel as the SoC supports it if it's not already in there, but I haven't seen anyone with it working yet.

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just picked up the My Arcade wireless nes classic game pad pro on amazon for $19.99. Has 4 buttons on front, 4 shoulder triggers, home button, and half the price of the 3bitdo one. I have been using the standard model of this controller for weeks on NES classic and its been great, but all these new games demand more than 2 buttons

Last edited by NESCLASSIC,

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
With the controller driver being open source it should be handy enough to add in support for other Wii Classic style controllers and adapters (there are wiimote adapters for pretty much everything) in time. I wouldn't panic about controllers just yet.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Can this NES Classic Mini (PAL version) runs PAL roms ? Or only an NTSC roms ?
There isn't PAL or USA mini nes version. All NESCE or Mini NES Classic are the same.
It's better always (if available) use USA roms. In next hakchi2 using RA integration we have a better(MUCH) emulation on PAL games(at correct speed).

Rgs.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There isn't PAL or USA mini nes version. All NESCE or Mini NES Classic are the same.
It's better always (if available) use USA roms. In next hakchi2 using RA integration we have a better(MUCH) emulation on PAL games(at correct speed).

Rgs.

I understand but I am asking if pal roms work ? The speed doesn't bother me at all.

Uncman23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not too sure what I'm doing either. Just opened up my NES mini, and downloaded thehakchi2 file. Installed the program, then added roms, added cover box art for games, and then click upload. I then read the 5 steps, and hold reset and press power until I hear the sound. Click install driver and then I always get an error, and cannot dump the kernel. Not too sure what's going on

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not too sure what I'm doing either. Just opened up my NES mini, and downloaded thehakchi2 file. Installed the program, then added roms, added cover box art for games, and then click upload. I then read the 5 steps, and hold reset and press power until I hear the sound. Click install driver and then I always get an error, and cannot dump the kernel. Not too sure what's going on
Install the program? Are you executing the hakchi.exe from hakchi2.zip or you extract all content from hakchi2.zip in a place of your PC?
What error gives to you?, take a picture please post here to try to help you.

Rgs.

------------------------------------------------------
More FBA games on RA like Golden Axe, Dondonpachi and play Arcade's Donkey Kong of Nintendo on a mini nes classic of Nintendo.

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So its confirmed retroarch can hold around 30 MB of rom? cause Im at like 25mb so means I can fit little more

artemus3

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi @nesito ! Thank you for your videos, they're very interesting. I think we can load about 950 or 1000 NES games in Nes Mini. But, can you tell me what it represents in Mo (300?) ? Thank you.

invader_chin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad you took that personally...
I was simply stating the fact that if people don't have the knowledge to perform the install perhaps it would be better to wait for it to be officially implemented into hakchi2 no?
Or take your chances and royally screw everything up.. however good luck getting a hold of another nes classic to try again.

Perhaps you should think before you speak as that comment wasn't aimed directly at you good sir!

And as far as contributions to the community, while it may not have been here i was one of the pioneers of the original FMCB for ps2 hack so stuff it.
tldr thanks for feedig me

DR1001

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Updates with RA look great. Looking forward to next week. What's everyone's plan to play SNES and Genesis and other types of games controller wise? I see the Club Nintendo Famicom SNES wii controller looks nice but its pricey?

Anyone think 8bitdo Classic edition set would be best options or are there others out there I'm not aware of.
Pretty hard to play SNES games with 2 buttons.

invader_chin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hey guys i saw somebodyUk's video and they championed 7z...too bad ive had no luck with 7z inside of RA

i think they were referring to how to extract certain zips

invader_chin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Updates with RA look great. Looking forward to next week. What's everyone's plan to play SNES and Genesis and other types of games controller wise? I see the Club Nintendo Famicom SNES wii controller looks nice but its pricey?

Anyone think 8bitdo Classic edition set would be best options or are there others out there I'm not aware of.
Pretty hard to play SNES games with 2 buttons.
i have tried a few 8bitdo products...the snes bluetooth and the giant nes one...
there's a noticable lag on the snes bt one which makes it a novelty...
it looks awesome though and their swag @ e3 last year was dope

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Does a wii Classic Controller work with Retroarch?
yes

http://en-americas-support.nintendo...-are-compatible-with-the-nes-classic-edition?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol