Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Actnash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since we have retroarch now, does anyone suspect that we will be able to use 3rd party USB controllers with the mini in the near future? I have the SNES buffalo controller that I would like to use, since we can now emulate SNES. Been searching around for a USB->NES classic controller port adapter, but no luck. I know you can buy controllers specifically for the mini, but since I already have this one sitting around, it would be nice to just get an adapter and plug up. Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions on this? Thanks in advance.

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Welcome, enjoy the thread! Lots to read!

From the FAQ, page 1 of the thread...

"
But there is no way to make support for unsupported mappers. Please stop asking me about it.

But even game’s mapper is supported some games are not working good without patches. Emulator in NES Mini tested only on default 30 games and actually sucks.
Known problem games:

"

;)
Can't mappers be changed for a rom? Isn't that how people got Rolling Thunder working, by using a french language patch that changed the mapper as well?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Alright thanks for clearing that up. I guess maybe Retroarch is the better approach then. I'll wait and see how the develops over time. :)

I edited my original post.
You can see a concept proof here to understand better what is coming.

Don't be too HYPE. ;)

Rgs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Can't mappers be changed for a rom? Isn't that how people got Rolling Thunder working, by using a french language patch that changed the mapper as well?
Very hard work and longer for one game that the use of a better emulator for 99% games. It's no sense.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mappers can be patched for some ROMs but it's kind of a moot point when you can just swap out the emulator for one that works far better, integrates exactly the same with the UI and doesn't need very specific hacked up ROMs

Reactions: Tootyuk

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He means that hakchi2 cannot simply fix a ROM by changing its mapper. What you are referring to with Rolling Thunder (or other examples like Holy Diver, Road Runner, Splatter House, etc.) is where someone has taken the time to hack a specific game to change its mapper. We are lucky that most all unsupported games have patches available, but there are still a handful of exceptions (I'm looking at you, Gimmick!).

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
He means that hakchi2 cannot simply fix a ROM by changing its mapper. What you are referring to with Rolling Thunder (or other examples like Holy Diver, Road Runner, Splatter House, etc.) is where someone has taken the time to hack a specific game to change its mapper. We are lucky that most all unsupported games have patches available, but there are still a handful of exceptions (I'm looking at you, Gimmick!).
Also this hacks have the reasons for repro games or use on "bad" emulators for any motives.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

BorntoPlay

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
madmonkey is developing mods system right now. I added support for applications. So full easy-to-use RetroArch support will be soon.

that is great Cluster but one question, the retroarch suport for hakshi2 will be optional? i dont want to use retroarch on my nes mini... i have too many system using retroarh right now.. only waiting for better folder manager to add more games... thanks for your great work!

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a new version will be released soon...(So Excited!!!!) but I wanted to share a bit of my experience.

First off, thank you Cluster and Mad Monkey for this amazing program! LOVE IT! I have been following this forum for a while now and learned so much! There are so many great videos out there, as well. So keep it up guys!

I currently have 65 NES roms(working great!) and RA(not sure of which build but I never had to copy or edit the init file...) running 15 SNES and GEN roms. Plus NES's Batman ROTJ as well as Kid Dracula :D This number of games is what I have come up with after many trials and errors... And so far very happy with it! Being able to play Sonic, Splatterhouse 2, and Mario Cart is amazing!

One key piece that I had either seen on a video or here somewhere hidden in the forum is renaming the name of the RetroArch game in Hakchi 2.11. I used 1RetroArch so that the game appears in the first folder. Though this only worked with 2 folders and 35 games per folder. However now, I have the maximum games displayed set to 90, so that ALL the 65 NES roms and the RA app show up. No folders. So far So GREAT!

And yes there are plenty of already used Suspend states in use.

I hope this helps someone. ;) Good luck and please keep on making great stuff for us!

Last edited by HecklerJH,

16v

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey Guys:

A simple wish:
Is it possible to make a new thread for retroarch on nesce?
This escalated quickly.

And please a howto how retroarch install.

Thank you

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey Guys:

A simple wish:
Is it possible to make a new thread for retroarch on nesce?
This escalated quickly.

And please a howto how retroarch install.

Thank you

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Hi, this has been debated before in this thread, the thing is retroarch will be part of a future hakchi2 update that's why it's still in this thread, how to install RA has been discussed in this very same thread, just do a search, though if you can wait for it, just wait for the new hakchi2 update with RA. Cheers.

Reactions: 16v

Supermario130

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
1st of all, BIG BIG thaks to cluster and madmonkey for the great work. It's f*cking crazy, I have 700 nes games and some beloved SNES and GENESIS titles on my NES mini.
HALLELUJA...
I'm using a very beautiful set of 3D box art pics and I wanted to have this style of pics for every game on my nes mini. So I have disabled the 30 build in games and replaced them by roms from the everdrive package. Now my problem or question. Is it possible to make the GUI also using non build in roms for the nice DEMO-MODE?
That would be a very useful 'n nice feature in coming releases.

Greetings Mario

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Still cant work out how to get retro arch to work.
Could someone please kindly explain step by step?
Also with Nes roms how does one save or is it auto?

I've done a vid on it, however its based on the first pack release from PCM, some people get c6 errors (I don't) but it might help you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Maybe @Tootyuk video helps to check what are doing wrong. I also have but better in English. ;)

If you don't make it. Don't worry as @jelmer said new hakchi2 is upcoming in next days/week. Be patient.

Rgs.

here's my vid, it might help, its based on PCM first pack though

Reactions: DbD

omega man

Trophies
XP
Country
I followed your video @Tootyuk first time round worked great and retroarch was running just fine. Added some more nes roms and snes roms and then it went belly up :wtf:. C6 error Go figure.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
tryed RetroArch with cps2 emulation (X-Men vs Street fighter) works good

I will try this again, probably saw your video, the problem wasn't the D&D Shadow over Mystara, the problem was the core that cannot let to add in mini NES Classic. Now trying with MvsC only 2 buttons but 1 for punch other for kick. :) Only to check the possibilities of SoC AllWinner.

Thanks you. Rgs.

I followed your video @Tootyuk first time round worked great and retroarch was running just fine. Added some more nes roms and snes roms and then it went belly up :wtf:. C6 error Go figure.
First try to put less games on RA roms folder, if there was working to you and only add more games I think this is the issue.

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Weird? tbh I had to re-do my whole hakchi folder after I tried to apply PCM's newest patch file, ive just put it back to how I had it a few snes roms and the few nes titles that have mapper issues on the nes mini.
I'm just going to leave it at that for now until a new release comes out, it does everything I need

Reactions: DbD

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
that is great Cluster but one question, the retroarch suport for hakshi2 will be optional? i dont want to use retroarch on my nes mini... i have too many system using retroarh right now.. only waiting for better folder manager to add more games... thanks for your great work!

I agree, just keep the Mini simple. Adding more apps like Retroarch is good, yet it's just unnecessary bloat and takes the shine away imo and there are tons of systems that can take advantage of it already.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man, rootbeer is so good
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think I prefer Barq's to MUG though. But, it's been a while, maybe I need a side by side to refresh my memory lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry