Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Cant seem to load RA or get the LED light to turn off.

I tried with a virgin system using 2.11 and no luck. It seems to make it through succesfully but the LED turns off. I then took that into 2.07 and had success adding nes things as normal.
however I've gone back to 2.11 but I still have the same behavior. Even after replacing the init in the mod transfer dir

am i doing something wrong if the LED does not turn of after 5 minutes?

any insight is appreciated.

thank you for your time!
Yeah, I am quite sure you did something wrong, read all instructions again and try again. Better yet wait till this gets implemented

Reactions: DbD and nesito

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Being an idiot when it comes to anything that involves coding or programming, that's the plan. XD
I understand people are curious and want to try it out right away, but with the rom limit it is nothing more then a proof of concept. For most people it is better to wait till the process gets a bit more automated.

Last edited by jelmer,

invader_chin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being an idiot when it comes to anything that involves coding or programming, that's the plan. XD
wait I have to edit the init file or replace it?

what needs to be coded...i totally assumed replace...im going to take a step away and try again later...not sure why

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've trimmed it down and have now got 210 (decent) nes games running using the normal nes mini emulator GUI, with folders, and also have about 15 SMS games running great via retroarch (Alex kidd in shinobi land, sensible soccer, r-type, speed ball 2, sonic 2, enduro racer etc) plus a few gameboy and gbc roms (robocop, cannon fodder, Mario tennis...).

My mini has become an 8bit dream console! :)

Thanks to all involved!!

Last edited by MrTea,
Reactions: jelmer and Tootyuk

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've trimmed it down and have now got 210 (decent) nes games running using the normal nes mini emulator GUI, with folders, and also have about 15 SMS games running great via retroarch (Alex kidd in shinobi land, sensible soccer, r-type, speed ball 2, sonic 2, enduro racer etc) plus a few gameboy and gbc roms (robocop, cannon fodder, Mario tennis...).

My mini has become an 8bit dream console! :)

Thanks to all involved!!

I think that is the right way to go about it tbh, if you want a PI buy one this is not for you!

Reactions: fayce54

ruyor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been having some weirdness going on with my hakchi2 setup ever since I upgraded from 2.07 to 2.11. I cannot get folders, autofire, or the option to disable menu music working and now Retroarch is refusing to launch as well. I was getting the C6 error, but after updating the init file, it just immediately kicks me back to the NESC menu (which is exactly what the folders do for me, BTW). I've started from scratch with the hakchi2 folder multiple times, extracted files with multiple tools, none of it makes a difference in my case. I thought about uninstalling hakchi2 and starting fresh to see if that fixes it, but that's also not working:
hakchi_problems.PNG

I only have 31 NES games added, 61 total after disabling built-in and adding RetroArch. I only have 2 ROMs for RetroArch. My entire Games folder including RetroArch games is only 18.1 MBs. What can I do to get everything working?

Last edited by ruyor,

MrTea

Trophies
XP
Country
I think that is the right way to go about it tbh, if you want a PI buy one this is not for you!
I did mess about originally and try getting the Fba mame core running (seeing as I've got a wii tatsunoko vs caocom Arcade stick that works on the mini) but with the limited amount of space for roms it seemed pointless? Having 2 nes pads hooked up and playing games just feels better anyway and I agree get a pi if you want to do anything else!

Reactions: fayce54 and Tootyuk

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been having some weirdness going on with my hakchi2 setup ever since I upgraded from 2.07 to 2.11. I cannot get folders, autofire, or the option to disable menu music working and now Retroarch is refusing to launch as well. I was getting the C6 error, but after updating the init file, it just immediately kicks me back to the NESC menu (which is exactly what the folders do for me, BTW). I've started from scratch with the hakchi2 folder multiple times, extracted files with multiple tools, none of it makes a difference in my case. I thought about uninstalling hakchi2 and starting fresh to see if that fixes it, but that's also not working:
View attachment 78010

I only have 31 NES games added, 61 total after disabling built-in and adding RetroArch. I only have 2 ROMs for RetroArch. My entire Games folder including RetroArch games is only 16.6 MBs. What can I do to get everything working?
It's rare. Which size about RA roms? In the test I have doing with 10 games unsupported NES on hakchi2(to run concept proof, in next hakchi2 release must be better and easy) and a few FDS and NES on RA roms folder. I cannot make NESCE working (or works but not changes made and LED light doesn't power off[until remove USB cable from PC]) when put or more of 30MB of RA roms of if a rom(I tried with NeoGeo) size is more ~20MB. Also to tell us than I'm not using folders.

Rgs.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does this work with FAMICOM MINI too including the same limitations? Also what's the difference between Hakchi and Hacki+Retroarc ( i know what retroarc itself is)

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
View attachment 78010

I only have 31 NES games added, 61 total after disabling built-in and adding RetroArch. I only have 2 ROMs for RetroArch. My entire Games folder including RetroArch games is only 16.6 MBs. What can I do to get everything working?
I the had same issues, i just did a clean hakchi folder, used PCM original patch and all is working even added in FCuemm to the cores so have all those mapper games working, here's my YT vid i have hosted the original PCM patch, i never got any C6 errors btw

Tootyuk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I successfully compiled fbgrab which allows to take any screenshots directly from framebuffer!

nesmini.png

So it will be easy to make RetroArch "transparently" for user. It will be working just like original emulator.
Cluster you are harry Potter! legend

Truchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So..... @Cluster it is possible to configurate retroarch to save in a way that don't erase itself each time that we sinchronize hackchi?

And it is possible, just in case you put "transparently", to play any console that we have the core?

PS: THANKS FOR ALL.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: they need to have a strong line up on the launch titles too. I think they should move metroid...