Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
With mods support it will be possible to install RetroArch and run automatically instead of default emulator for problem games. Or switch to RA using command line argument. So my next task is to add module system.
Great news Cluster to support the new emulator, as you saw here on GBAtemp not everybody was supporting/understanding the possibilities. Looking forward what your new version will be

Last edited by jelmer,

CalamityRaven

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
would be very useful if emu selection could be somehow user defined (in hakchi2 or maybe even in frontend?) because the problem games are not always the ones with unsupported mappers, there are also some supported games with gfx glitches (ie. Air Fortress)
We can't really change how the existing frontend works on the NES Mini.

DbD

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Great news Cluster to support the new emulator, as you saw here on GBAtemp not everybody was supporting/understanding the possibilities. Looking forward what your new version will be

Well I don't see it as not supporting/understanding per se, maybe they just got overwhelmed with the sudden discussions about it. I know I was at first. ;)

Reactions: ym2612 and jelmer

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also can someone explain how saving works within retroarch I try select number to1 or say 2 then save state but always saves to 0 ?

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Also can someone explain how saving works within retroarch...

I try to set the number in select state to say number 1 then i click Save state and it always Saves #0 ? am i doing it wrong?

Last edited by kingj,

Madcat144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone else running into a problem with the google drive download for Retroarch not being the correct file size that corresponds to all the videos people are making on the process? It seems like in 7zip it's supposed to read (9 228 015 bytes) next to the games folder. mine says (8 785 481 bytes)

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
More games running on Mini NES Classic emulator and captured as usual at 720p60 for make the waiting to new hakchi2 more pleasure. ;)

Solar Jetman: Hunt for the Golden Warpship

Street Fighter 2 Pirated / Bad Game Best Watch instead Play?

Super Arabian

Super Off Road, Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's

Super Robin Hood

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Reactions: DbD

MeteK

Trophies
XP
Country
France
i've got about 50Mo of roms into games folder of hakchi (including retroarch), is it normal that when i finish synchronizing the led doesn't turn off ?

Madcat144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can someone please help me. For some reason the google drive download is not kicking out the correct file or is missing files. It's supposed to read (9 228 015 bytes) next to the games folder. mine says (8 785 481 bytes)

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Also can someone explain how saving works within retroarch...

I try to set the number in select state to say number 1 then i click Save state and it always Saves #0 ? am i doing it wrong?
Are you sure that the save state is ok when you load?
Maybe the Onscreen Display overlay is cheating you. ;)

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

MeteK

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Okay, yet another update. Same link as before.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByJabzdhjqvQdC1aZ19NTWgzY1k
What's new:
Now you can easily launch NES games with RetroArch straight from NES Mini's GUI. No more .desktop_temp thanks to the new extra_script heavily inspired by haxchi's init file :).
Just add your game IDs to /mods/mod_transfer/retroarch_games. Here's an example:
Code:
CLV-H-AAAAA
СLV-H-BBBBB
CLV-H-CCCCC
…
You can find game IDs in Haxchi2's GUI under "Game options".
The script will automatically fix Exec line in .desktop file for those games during synchronization.

Installation is still the same, but I'll list it here for the sake of convenience.
Please note that if you're using an official release of Haxchi2, you'll need to update your init file. Download it from Haxchi2's GitHub and replace /mods/mod_transfer/init.
You can also download other cores directly from LibRetro's BuildBot
So:
1. Extract archive contents to Haxchi2 folder
2. Copy additional cores to games/CLV-H-RARCH/libretro/core (not necessary)
3. Copy ROMs to games/CLV-H-RARCH/libretro/roms
4. Open Haxchi2, enable RetroArch
5. If you need folders, clone Haxchi2 from GitHub, build it, then make sure to enable "Settings -> "Pages/folders structure" -> "Custom - show Folders Manager every time"
6. Synchronize. Make sure to move RetroArch (and NES games you added to retroarch_games) to the root folder if you enabled custom folders in the previous step.
Got C8 error trying to launch a game with this version.

Last edited by MeteK,

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Can someone please help me. For some reason the google drive download is not kicking out the correct file or is missing files. It's supposed to read (9 228 015 bytes) next to the games folder. mine says (8 785 481 bytes)
What google drive download?

Actnash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know of a way to connect USB controllers to NES mini? I've been searching all over, and I've only found one adapter (for wii) and it's like $50. I'm not even sure if this would work, it's advertised as connecting ps3/PS4 controllers and some USB controllers to Wii. Surely there is another way to do this? I would love to plug up my buffalo SNES controller to the mini, now that we can play SNES games! Seems like there should be a cheaper adaptor that could do this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @BakerMan needs more expand dong