Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

8bit4life

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope Thunder & Lightning gets fixed... I love that game it's like arkanoid / brick & paddle type game (pong on steroids). I have awesome memories of that game. I think I remember I bought it dirt cheap in the blockbuster used bin back in the early 90's and it ended up being a gem of a game! I loaded up Hakchi 2.10 and loaded about 75-80 games one of which was "Thunder & Lightning", to my disappointment it wasn't working ! one of the very few remaining NTSC games that are currently incompatible with the NESC. Hopefully someone can get this game going as I see patches / fixes coming out for various other games.

благодаря goes out to cluster !

Actnash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suspect that FCEUX is the emu in progress ;)

Rgs.

------------------------------------------
@Baggins
MDBTROID / Metroid Hack

Enjoy!

Hello,
When I watch your videos, I'm not seeing/hearing the audio lag issues that I am having when I play the stock games on my mini. I haven't hacked it yet, but I'm wondering if the sound lag is due to something that has to do with the stock roms? Can you confirm this? It seems like all of the roms you have added after hacking have great sound that's right on time (jump sounds happening in sync, with no or very little delay). I have very little input lag (I'm in game mode) but very bad audio delay that can especially be heard when playing the Mario games. Nice videos by the way! It's very appreciated to see which games work and how they look/sound.

Last edited by Actnash,

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
When I watch your videos, I'm not seeing/hearing the audio lag issues that I am having when I play the stock games on my mini. I haven't hacked it yet, but I'm wondering if the sound lag is due to something that has to do with the stock roms? Can you confirm this? It seems like all of the roms you have added after hacking have great sound that's right on time (jump sounds happening in sync, with no or very little delay). I have very little input lag (I'm in game mode) but very bad audio delay that can especially be heard when playing the Mario games. Nice videos by the way! It's very appreciated to see which games work and how they look/sound.
Thanks I'm glad that helps you.
In the pre-hakchi2 era I made a video of all games from factory also captured at 720p60 maybe you can compare with your mini.

Rgs.

Actnash

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks I'm glad that helps you.
In the pre-hakchi2 era I made a video of all games from factory also captured at 720p60 maybe you can compare with your mini.

Rgs.

Awesome thanks! It appears that the stock games in your video don't have the audio lag I'm experiencing. I'm starting to think that this may be an issue with my tvs. I've tried 2 different tvs and both are giving me the lag in game mode, but when I plug up my raspberry pi and play Mario in the same input I don't get the lag. Oh well, it's a mystery! Ha I'm just going to wait until other NES emulators are able to be used on the NES classic and maybe that will solve my issues.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Awesome thanks! It appears that the stock games in your video don't have the audio lag I'm experiencing. I'm starting to think that this may be an issue with my tvs. I've tried 2 different tvs and both are giving me the lag in game mode, but when I plug up my raspberry pi and play Mario in the same input I don't get the lag. Oh well, it's a mystery! Ha I'm just going to wait until other NES emulators are able to be used on the NES classic and maybe that will solve my issues.
In a Spanish game forum, one user have this sound and picture issues from TV(even in Game-Mode), he connects its mini in a PC monitor and He said that works normal like in my videos.

But anyway if another emu can solve your Issue, all the credits are of Cluster and MadMonkey they started all(and continued). ;)

Rgs.
-------------------------------------------------------------
I'll to published more videos. To make the waiting for the upcoming hakchi2 update more short. :)

Rgs.

Last edited by nesito,

Retro arcade

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope Thunder & Lightning gets fixed... I love that game it's like arkanoid / brick & paddle type game (pong on steroids). I have awesome memories of that game. I think I remember I bought it dirt cheap in the blockbuster used bin back in the early 90's and it ended up being a gem of a game! I loaded up Hakchi 2.10 and loaded about 75-80 games one of which was "Thunder & Lightning", to my disappointment it wasn't working ! one of the very few remaining NTSC games that are currently incompatible with the NESC. Hopefully someone can get this game going as I see patches / fixes coming out for various other games.

благодаря goes out to cluster !

Patches and fixes aren't coming out for games. They have already existed before the nes mini was a thought.

Reactions: DbD and nesito

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
More games running(one don't well) on Mini NES Classic and captured at 720p60

Battle Road | Another hack of Battle City

Dragon Ball Z - Super Butouden 2 NES Unlicensed | Tittle/Backgrounds GFX glitches

Incredible Crash Dummies, The

Yuu Maze FDS

Wardner no Mori FDS

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

Beathil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What about Gauntlet? I can get the game to start, but the level is all messed up and I can't interact with anything. Anyone know why this is? Mapper issue?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
What about Gauntlet? I can get the game to start, but the level is all messed up and I can't interact with anything. Anyone know why this is? Mapper issue?
More that mapper is a issue of emu that don't emu four screen check. Used in some games like Gauntlet. For now the option is Gauntlet II that works on mini.

Rgs.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
More games running on Mini NES Classic and captured as usual at 720p60

Iron Tank - The Invasion of Normandy

Isolated Warrior

Jackie Chan's Action Kung Fu

Please, enjoy!

Rgs.

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey anyone know if I patch my game with color patches like http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/136/ for faxandu

''This is a hack of Faxanadu that improves the color palettes and restores graphics that were censored for the US release.''

it says
ROM / ISO Information:
  • Faxanadu (J)
So i would have patch Jap rom? won't work on the USA verison i got already with a save file =/ ?

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey anyone know if I patch my game with color patches like http://www.romhacking.net/hacks/136/ for faxandu

''This is a hack of Faxanadu that improves the color palettes and restores graphics that were censored for the US release.''

it says
ROM / ISO Information:
  • Faxanadu (J)
So i would have patch Jap rom? won't work on the USA verison i got already with a save file =/ ?
I make a video about this game, and I think I did this. About the save game, I cannot help you.

Rgs.

kingj

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I make a video about this game, and I think I did this. About the save game, I cannot help you.

Rgs.
Yeah i uses a RBG patch for Mario adventure hack and it worked fine but I just curios if the patch for faxandu would work for the USA rom verison, also we should make place compile list of good hacks/patch improvement for games, there few good ones like one to boost the playable chars of castlevania 3 or that faxandu one for example!

johnnytheboy12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, this is an awesome addition to wake up to! Great work Cluster and Nhakin!

Ceiy4oG.png
How do you get game genie codes list to pop up like this thanks

Reactions: Predatortje

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    man, rootbeer is so good
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Think I prefer Barq's to MUG though. But, it's been a while, maybe I need a side by side to refresh my memory lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I like Frosties if you see it at the store worth atry
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Hmmm interesting
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking bottled sodas priced more stupid than 12 packs
    yooo might try taht frostie one
    order it onlinen if i have to.