Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

DSlite2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cluster,

Thank you for all your hard work. I was curious if you'll be adding Rewind and Fast Forward option in the future?

Also, recently switched from using the Wii Classic Controller to the NES30 wireless controller and I noticed that their wireless dongle is overriding the button mapping that I have configured in your program. An example is X and Y buttons are set to Turbo and do work as such using Classic Controller, but switching to the NES30 wireless controller the X and Y act like A and B and instead the L and R buttons are Turbo. Is there a way that you could override the NES30's mapping so that X and Y are turbo?

raf1919

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably out of my element here, but could it be permissions-related? I'd grant Full Control to Everyone (under Security in the folder Properties) and enable inheritance ("replace all child permissions" checkbox) under the Advanced menu and see if that makes a difference.

Or you could always try unzipping a fresh copy and copying over your games and dump folders as recommended during updates. Hope this helps.

it was my laptop.. i tried a different computer and worked flawlessly

chillmodious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It isn't Friday and also isn't the 13Th. but I give a little play to check the game running on mini.

Friday the 13th

And some FDS translated working ok on mini nes.

Crystal Dragon FDS

Deep Dungeon - The Heretic War FDS

Dirty Pair - Project Eden FDS

And a hack that doesn't work(like the normal version)
Draque Buster Hack Dragon Buster JAP Doesn't Work

Rgs.

Did you patch-translate Dirty Pair, or did it already have the English in place?

Hacking_Myself

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I made video about hakchi2 development.

It's in Russian but you can enable English subtitles. I hope that you'll enjoy it.

I have some free time again and will continue to develop hakchi2. New version will be soon :)
Also I'll try to answer all your messages, it will take a time...

Fantastic video, @Cluster ! So in the next hakchi2's update I can put my own menu music, that's right? Amazing!

Many possibilites ahead. Great job!

ShaDow40

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France

It's in Russian but you can enable English subtitles. I hope that you'll enjoy it.

I have some free time again and will continue to develop hakchi2. New version will be soon :)

You are God !!

jelmer

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria

Great vid Cluster, I saw in in the video that you have been updating the program a bit. Most notable the look of the folders, loving the 8 bit style. Did you ever consider to change the way how folders are sorted at the moment? A much cleaner look would be if you sort the folders by letters, for example: AR - CE instead of the whole title of the games. Anyway I can't complain, I never thought it would be possible to have what we have right now. Regards.

Reactions: NeoRame

NeoRame

Trophies
Website
www.neorame.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Add two new Blank Icons aka. Placeholder Cover Images. (Pull request is out ;) ) Maybe u can use it for region specific games (US/EUR=Normal, JAP=Famicom, FDS Games=FDS) or/and for the Famicom Mini.

blank_pre.png

Cluster

OP
Trophies
Website
clusterrr.com
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Great vid Cluster, I saw in in the video that you have been updating the program a bit. Most notable the look of the folders, loving the 8 bit style. Did you ever consider to change the way how folders are sorted at the moment? A much cleaner look would be if you sort the folders by letters, for example: AR - CE instead of the whole title of the games. Anyway I can't complain, I never thought it would be possible to have what we have right now. Regards.
Total folder control is my task #1 now.
Your pull request is merged :)

Last edited by Cluster,

condiczek

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Last edited by condiczek,
Reactions: fayce54

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Finally got my NES Mini today and of course tried hakchi2 right away. It worked perfectly! Never was it this easy to hack a console. Can't wait for the future developments that will make this tool even more awesome. ^^

HopTronix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
newhollandbrew.com
XP
Country
United States

@Cluster nice work on the video AND your fabulous work on hakchi2! I'm at 755 games on both NES & Famicom Mimi's to date. Looking forward to your continued efforts in future releases.

I was thinking we would be stuck with 30 games and I was missing many of my favorites, but this is really an awesome hack.

Thanks to all of you that have proven what games work and don't work too. I'm hopeful someone will find a way to add those missing mappers.

Hellequin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
A game I was not aware of is Kaettekita Mario Bros. Basically, it's Mario Bros. with revamped graphics and controls (you can change direction mid-air), and... ads. It has also been distributed in Europe, without any ad, as Mario Bros Classic. I was wondering if if will play fast or normal speed, as it really is the superior version. @nesito to show it? :P :)

Reactions: ym2612 and nesito

Truchen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
@Cluster Thanks for everything.

I have seen your video. The 25 min.

Only a short question. Since my update 2.0.11.2, pre-release too, I have folders, but I think there is two ways. Tree and other.

How we choose?

Mine appears directly 30 games from A to F and folders with other games, F to L, L to S, S to Z.

But other videos, like your, you have the symbol back through folders.

How it is possible?

Sorry for my English.

It is said, thank you very much and I'll be wating for more updates:

-change menu music
-more patches
-alternative pixel art
Etc

And who knows...maybe someone will find the way to get another emulator more compatible with mappers.

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
Did you patch-translate Dirty Pair, or did it already have the English in place?
I don't have so much time, today isn't good day. But I promised that I will look to you tomorrow.
@Cluster Thanks for everything.

I have seen your video. The 25 min.

Only a short question. Since my update 2.0.11.2, pre-release too, I have folders, but I think there is two ways. Tree and other.

How we choose?

Mine appears directly 30 games from A to F and folders with other games, F to L, L to S, S to Z.

But other videos, like your, you have the symbol back through folders.

How it is possible?

Sorry for my English.

It is said, thank you very much and I'll be wating for more updates:

-change menu music
-more patches
-alternative pixel art
Etc

And who knows...maybe someone will find the way to get another emulator more compatible with mappers.
I think that I know you with another nick, in another forum XD
Since 2.0.11.8, (the 2.0.11.2 doesn't work) Cluster tell us there are 2 ways to do:
Like you have (Less of 12 folders used)
If you put 331(or more) games (in 30 gamesperfolder in settings) you will have as Cluster videos you saw.

Rgs.

Korrak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thx for the amazing software and support Cluster!
I was wondering if its possible to modify the NES UI to allow for a 'B' press to go back folders instead of having to browse to the return folder?

Reactions: HopTronix

ym2612

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hi, I installed Hakchi and am trying to load ROMs, but I get this error when Hakchi launches (see attached screencap). I noted that .NET 3.5 is required. I am on XP and previously had 2.x, but when I read that 3.5 is required I upgraded to 4.0 and rebooted (see attached screencap of registry) yet still receive this error. Does Hakchi depend on some API that was deprecated in .NET 4.0 or something? Thanks for any advice.

afaik you really need .net 3.5 sp1 installed because any higher version will not run 3.5 code. since i'm also on xp i can confirm that hakchi2 does work.

Reactions: bulletmagnet

nesito

Trophies
XP
Country
@Cluster Is it a bug the Freeze error C8 + C2 that occurs once when we upload games with 2.11 using folders? Or I'm doing something wrong?

Rgs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only 2 games running on mini nes classic, captured at 720p60

Gyruss

Knight Rider

Please, Enjoy!

HopTronix

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
newhollandbrew.com
XP
Country
United States
I've modified NesMenuCollection.cs.
Ok finally results here :) Very small easy mod for folders:

hakachi2.exe with A-Z dir, based on latest github +mod with enable/disable via settings,
please check and report :) (settings - folders a-z menu CHECK)

No "Add more games" or "Synchronize selected games with NES Mini" buttons are visible with your 2.11a.

I'm using Windows 10, if it matters?

Last edited by HopTronix,
Reactions: nesito

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm doing fine, and you?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, happy birthday