Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

BravSoldat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it all depends on your dump file so it depends on the nes you have, some got lucky (first try) others don't (like me, i used someone else dump)

if it can help my model is clv-001
and what i guess is serial : cee100039801
made in china but with something from germany
I have the same model but a different serial number of course. Says made in China with something from Germany. I tried using another dump but my kernel is 2,89 already. Still no luck

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have the same model but a different serial number of course. Says made in China with something from Germany. I tried using another dump but my kernel is 2,89 already. Still no luck
I have the same model clv-001 and info as you gents....but mine works. Thankfully!

Darix22

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Strange, when I flash the original Kernel, the red light don't turn off and if I turn the console off and test it, all my games that I have add are still there! I think I have done something wrong...

jar-_-

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Didn't you figure yours out Jar? I think I followed some steps you posted but still no success.
Yes and mine worked.

My FIX was to:
Boot Windows 7, press F8 and disable driver signature checks and boot PC.
Then disable Windows Defender, the firewall (including advanced settings in firewall/security) and anti-virus off.

Try my build here. Flashing into custom with mine as your first step. Then plug in your NES, boot into FEL then lastly add games.

Here is my kernel. NTSC.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dejziau890d4ho/hakchi2.zip?dl=0
Run everything from my folder to protect your original kernal dump.

BravSoldat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes and mine worked.

My FIX was to:
Boot Windows 7, press F8 and disable driver signature checks and boot PC.
Then disable Windows Defender, the firewall (including advanced settings in firewall/security) and anti-virus off.

Try my build here. Flashing into custom with mine as your first step. Then plug in your NES, boot into FEL then lastly add games.

Here is my kernel. NTSC.
Before I try this out again, has anyone thought of using my kernel for example and seeing if it works?

NeoPolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here is my kernel. NTSC.

i already posted your kernel, but who knows

anyone tried to add the real super mario bros 2 - aka the lost levels?
i got a "unsupported mapper #40"

same here
you need to flash games but choose only the 30 original if you want to delete games or something like that (don't remember what i did)

Last edited by NeoPolak,
Reactions: jar-_-

BravSoldat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If its Neo's then it wont work, used that earlier. And idk if smb 2 works, I cant get a single game to instal...

Darix22

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Before I try this out again, has anyone thought of using my kernel for example and seeing if it works?
I have try your Kernel and jar-.- one and each time I flash it as original, the console reboot on his own. If I turn it off then test it, I see all my custom games back on my console. BUT if I flash my "original" Kernel that is 2.69, it still do the reboot think but if I test it I only see the 30 original games.

SuperMTH2

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i finally managed to flash games thanks to jar-_-
he send me his kernel, so i guess that was the problem, my dumped kernel was too small 2,69 and his was 2,86
now after flashing a game, the led is not off instantly but it turns off few sec after the flash, and i can power on the nes, with my new games

i knew it was a kernel problem, thank you again, i'm so happy now

so if you have "reset bug" check the dumped kernel size

damn, my dump kernel size is 2.87... wtf is going wrong? can i get a copy of the working kernel?

NeoPolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
So if you're adding games, you uncheck the "original 30 games" box on the app?
flashing the original kernel wont delete games, you just won't be able to add more games (until you flash the custom one)
if you want to delete them, you have to uncheck the game you want to delete (a factory reset doesn't restore the original 30 games)

damn, my dump kernel size is 2.87... wtf is going wrong? can i get a copy of the working kernel?
you got 2 links to get it
read posts above (maybe 2 pages)

Super Mario Bros. 2 the lost levels doesn't work );

Last edited by NeoPolak,

DarkunderdoG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Super Mario Bros. 2. works fine for me. (think you need a fixed version)

Also has anyone here tried the original version of hakchi that is having a problem? My kernal dump is 2.69MB and worked the first time... (I used the original version of hakchi and recently switched over to hakchi 2 to remove the need for a save file for SMB). - Don't think the size of your kernal dump matters at all...

Last edited by DarkunderdoG,

Amstans

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
97 including the 30 games by default or 97 new added games?
I took the 30 games off and downloaded the ones I actually want. Altogether I have 104 working games.... Haven't tried to add more as I have everything I want. Plus super easy to add something if I ever need to. Great job on the softmod. Very easy and took very little time.

Reactions: jar-_-

Artimities

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Took some time but I got it to work. I added about 50 games and tested Tetris to make sure it worked. Everything looks good so far.

NeoPolak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Super Mario Bros. 2. works fine for me. (think you need a fixed version)

Also has anyone here tried the original version of hakchi that is having a problem? My kernal dump is 2.69MB and worked the first time... (I used the original version of hakchi and recently switched over to hakchi 2 to remove the need for a save file for SMB). - Don't think the size of your kernal dump matters at all...

found a working lost levels thanks

it's very strange, i was sure that kernel file size was a missing step, well it fixed my problem, i'm sure it will fix someone's too. I guess nintendo staff is laughing , but hey rooting first android phones wasn't that easy too

Took some time but I got it to work. I added about 50 games and tested Tetris to make sure it worked. Everything looks good so far.
someone posted a link : the more games you add, the less save slots you have

Last edited by NeoPolak,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: man that was some good Chinese takeout