Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by Cluster, Jan 7, 2017.

1. DR1001

DR1001 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2017
    Canada
    I own a SN30 Pro and can attest to the fact that the analog sticks and the L1L2 R1R2 buttons do in fact work. It's just that the analog stick does not work with N64 games.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

It works and you need a retro receiver.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

I have been using my SN30 Pro to play PS1 games on my SNES classic with the analog sticks working fine.

artemus3 and maande80 like this.
  2. The Frenchman

The Frenchman GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    They work, but do all button work? L2 and R2? Both joysticks?

3. DR1001

DR1001 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2017
    Canada
    All the buttons work. L1 and R1 do the same thing, as do R2 and L2 meaning they are mapped as the same buttons. Left analog stick works. Haven't played a game needing the right analog stick yet.

The Frenchman likes this.
  4. maande80

maande80 GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2010
    Indonesia
    Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like I'll buy it in the near future. I'm sorry for the N64 incompatibility though.

The Frenchman likes this.
  5. NESjimbo

NESjimbo GBAtemp Fan

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    For the longest time, 32X games worked spotty at best. NBA Jam TE for example would boot just fine, but the screen would remain black when starting a game. Does the latest Picodrive work with that game?

6. The Frenchman

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    Anyone here is having more freeze using the USB HOST or SD MOD? My console seems to be getting hotter... when I'm running the console without any SD card inside it's running smoothly, retroarch, genesis plus gx, snes9x, mame2003 but as soon as I introduce my SD card and play a while I get a freeze upon "reseting" back to the menu, after such a freeze I often get glitched out in the menu or even on splash screen, it'll be locked up and I cannot even turn it off, I must unplug it... (I'm using the TV's USB 3.0 and the USB cable that came with the console, I also got freezes like that using the original AC adapter)

Any help would be cool, I'll try an sd card with only the game I played when I got crashes tomorrow and see if it can be something about special characters (which I doubt since I renamed pretty much everything) I'll also check if it does get hotter after half an hour when playing without the SD card.

I'm using the hakchi builds that came with Skogaby's tutorial, is it possible that a bug like the old hakchis might be back? the one that the console asked for too much juice?

7. psx10k

psx10k Member

Newcomer
    Jan 25, 2008
    Canada
    Thanks for the info @KMFDManic . Looking forward to the video (love your video tutorials/demos and the work you've been doing with the mods and usb)!

8. jelmer

jelmer GBAtemp Fan

Jan 25, 2017
    Bulgaria
    Yes it’s very unstable, I gave up for now so I can actually play some games and till a more stable version comes out.

9. zeomax

zeomax Member

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2005
    Gambia, The
    Can somebody, who has ftp access, post the config files inside the etc/udev and etc/sdl2 folders?

Last edited by zeomax, Jan 3, 2018
  10. The Frenchman

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    I've tried a bit before going to bed with only few games installed to my SD card;
    Street Fighter Alpha 2 (PSX)
    Popful Mail (Sega CD)
    Castlevania Rondo of Blood (PCECD)

I played for a bit and had no issue whatsoever, I wonder if freezes aren't caused by subfolders...

11. Spottedfeather

Spottedfeather GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    How do you put cheats for a game ? There's a box that says Game Genie Codes, but it's greyed out. Are you only able to put in codes if your snes classic is plugged in ?

12. rhester72

rhester72 GBAtemp Regular

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    It's not implemented. Use GGGuy.

13. Spottedfeather

Spottedfeather GBAtemp Regular

Mar 19, 2013
    United States
    what is that ?

Nevermind. I found it. But it won't install in my computer. It just tells me that it can't delete the output file...whatever that means.

Last edited by Spottedfeather, Jan 3, 2018
  14. Mamertos

Mamertos Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 6, 2017
    You dont need to install ggguy it in your pc to got it working. I use ggguy in a few nes games and work very well

15. The Frenchman

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    I thought you could only put in a cheat datasheet in a game's folder (usb host and sd) and have retroarxh point to it. (I haven't done so myself as I don't cheat.)

16. maande80

maande80 GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2010
    Indonesia
    Sorry, my reply is out of topic. :)
    I remember you promised to make awesome genre for folder images. Do you mind sharing the results to us?
    Looking forward to them. :)
    Thanks.

17. Beaps

Beaps Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 13, 2009

Which receiver did you buy, gotta link?

18. The Frenchman

Apr 13, 2008
    Canada
    That fell through, with work, life and all I wasn't able to make them.... sorry.

19. DR1001

DR1001 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 26, 2017
    Canada
    artemus3 and Beaps like this.
  20. supermist

supermist Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 26, 2009
    United States
    *crosses fingers*