Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
LOL
Sandisk Ultra class 10 uhs1 32gb - buy Today - Work not with the mini Snes and ext4
Sandisk Ultra class 10 uhs1 32gb - buy 2 months ago - Works with the mini Snes and ext4

Buying is a lottery to get a working micro sd card that works with ext4 and the mini snes!

same pc, same OS , same formating tool

Last edited by Liriel,

Beaps

Trophies
XP
Country
LOL
Sandisk Ultra class 10 uhs1 32gb - buy Today - Work not with the mini Snes and ext4
Sandisk Ultra class 10 uhs1 32gb - buy 2 months ago - Works with the mini Snes and ext4

Buying is a lottery to get a working micro sd card that works with ext4 and the mini snes!

same pc, same OS , same formating tool

So when you say working, do you mean you can leave the SD Card in the snes and add/remove games from it without taking it out?

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no i mean it other.
i format the micro sd card to ext4 (or ext2 or ext3).
Copy the files (files, folder, games) on the micro sd.
then unmount the sd card and put it in the mini snes.

when it works and the sd card is accept then i see the boot screen, games and saves.
when it not work then only the original 21 games are visible.

why should i leave the micro sd card in the mini snes to add games?
when i put it in the pc is faster then the usb cable to put the games on.

i have a opening where i put the micro sd card in the mini snes

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just modded the SNESc w Hakchi2 (2.21f) and using your cores. I'm using the _km_mame2003_12_28_17.hmod + _km_retroarch_standard_snesc_10_8_17.hmod, and for the SNES unsupported games I use _km_snes9x2005_snesc_--retroarch_9_4_17.hmod.

Couple questions though. I got a bunch of MAME stuff working (simpsons 2 player, boogie wings, dark seal, cliffhanger ed randy, nitro ball, etc)..

but a couple I can't seem to get working are Light Bringer and Magician Lord. Any idea how to get them working? It tries to load the rom and then the screen goes black, followed by returning to the game selection screen.

My other question is what version of your cores works best for SNES games that aren't supported by canoe? I've been using the 9x2005, is that still the best one for saves included?

Great work as always man.

EDIT: I just got Magician Lord working. I didn't realize it was a NEO-GEO game. I used your core _km_bios_neo_mame2003_req.hmod and added " NEO-GEO" at the end of the command line and it runs smooth.
Now to try and get Light Bringer to work.

You running on USB-HOST, or non-USB-HOST?

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i knew that class 10is faster then class 2 or 4!
but thats the cards that i have home!

at your link there are different of the same space and class with work and not work from the same producer.
with that list sandisk has more problems as other.

and in the shop here i can not see which card work and which not.

is it normal that ext4 gives a c8 error at shutdown at the sd card mod?

Try turning both demo modes off, and see if c8 errors stop. C8 is harmless, however. If you get it on shutdown, just power it right back on, then right back off. You will get shutdown. When powering on, everything will still be there. It may be a minor conflict, somewhere. But, it happens, occasionally, no matter what setup you are on.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

non-USB-HOST right now.

Ok, you do not need NEO-GEO at end of command line, if on non-USB-HOST. The coding will auto-load the bios, as long as you have proper rom set and proper arcade Core installed. i added the coding to ALL Arcade Cores. NEO-GEO has always worked fine for me, without the sub-system addition. For USB-HOST, I do it entirely differently, and bypass the coding. I make a Dummy Folder and just toss all the NEO-GEO Games+Bios into same directory, and they get pulled into a nice pool to draw from:)

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Try turning both demo modes off, and see if c8 errors stop. C8 is harmless, however. If you get it on shutdown, just power it right back on, then right back off. You will get shutdown. When powering on, everything will still be there. It may be a minor conflict, somewhere. But, it happens, occasionally, no matter what setup you are on.

i think the c8 was because of class 2 because with class 10 now it not happens when i test it

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ext4.

fat32 hat not the error.

and it was not everytime

Yeah, class shouldn't really matter. C8 Errors can be caused by save conflicts, and a dozen other reasons. Like I said, the only C8 to worry about, is one that happens when you power the system on and cannot boot at all. C8 on shutdown or randomly is completely harmless, and just a little annoying. But, you can get right back into action, immediately.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i knew but it was visible and i think it was because class 2.

but the most creepy is that some sd cards work and other not with the ext system

Last edited by Liriel,

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i knew but it was visible and i think it was because class 2.

but the most creepy is that some sd cards work and other not with the ext system

Some "older" file systems, do not easily convert over to ext4. But, most fairly newer flash drives, sd cards, etc, do it without issue.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
in fat32 with sd card mod some games doesnt work.

i have now ext4 and it works.
the loading time is good with the card and some games run better

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in fat32 with sd card mod some games doesnt work.

i have now ext4 and it works.
the loading time is good with the card and some games run better

Awesome. Glad you have things going. SO many people were incorrectly thinking exfat, rather than ext2/3, which is why I posted the video of my ext4 setup:)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-