Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the script work on the pc and not on the mini snes.
it convert the rom to sfrom format

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

the roms i have from terranigma and illusion of time works on every snes emulator that i have but not on the mini snes

Games will require preset id changes, footer offset changes, and determination of whether they are lo or hi roms. I am gonna try to do a list of all of them, as I go through the full set. This will make things far easier. Terranigma and Illusion of Time, will most likely need these elements addressed, too.

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@dragon

Kongsnut Said i should try the updated Script and that i make but nothing Change with the 2 Games.
What is your Problem now?

Now i wait for a Script that Works with it or a working Rom.

Gesendet von meinem SD4930UR mit Tapatalk

Last edited by Liriel,

dragonzam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@dragon

Kongsnut Said i should try the updated Script and that i make but nothing Change with the 2 Games.
What is your Problem now?

Now i wait for a Script that Works with it or a working Rom.

I believe you may have misunderstood his intention. What he posted was the latest script with a specific adjustment to make Pilotwings work. There's no guarantee that the script will magically make any game you can think of work. It's currently trial-and-error, however it HAS worked for many games.

I myself have used it fine on Tactics Ogre (English), Seiken Densetsu 3 (E), Soul Blazer etc.

KMFDManic

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: dragonzam

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Games will require preset id changes, footer offset changes, and determination of whether they are lo or hi roms. I am gonna try to do a list of all of them, as I go through the full set. This will make things far easier. Terranigma and Illusion of Time, will most likely need these elements addressed, too.

Oh, really? I already converted Chrono Trigger to SFROM format >.> I believe it's hi ROM, but as far as offset changes go, what we edit *sigh* damn. Where and how you edit them isn't even mentioned in the guide. I would've thought that Reddit guide would warn about ROM types, offset crap, etc.

Last edited by the_randomizer,

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I Go to slep now it's 3:15 in the morning.

And im Happy that i can Play Seilen densetsu 3and other RPG on the Mini snes

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Chrono Trigger Works fine with only the Script converter to Strom.

The biggest thing besides folders and RetroArch to work on is player 2 in custom games don't work. None of mine (Mortal Kombat etc) work with 2 controllers, I have selected all the right things in .desktop but it seems it's broken for now.

And Seiken Densetsu 3? Does the text look weird or normal? The game uses dynamic resolution mode 7, 256 x 244 and 512 x 256/488 for the text and menus. Hope DKC2 works too.
DK2 and 3 will work with the normal script perfectly (no extra messing around)

Reactions: the_randomizer

dragonzam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And Seiken Densetsu 3? Does the text look weird or normal? The game uses dynamic resolution mode 7, 256 x 244 and 512 x 256/488 for the text and menus. Hope DKC2 works too.
SD3 looks slightly weird/blurry on the very thin English text seen at the character select and within the game menus. However, it is still readable enough, I would say not worth trying to fix. The actual text windows that pop up for character dialogue look just fine.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The biggest thing besides folders and RetroArch to work on is player 2 in custom games don't work. None of mine (Mortal Kombat etc) work with 2 controllers, I have selected all the right things in .desktop but it seems it's broken for now.

DK2 and 3 will work with the normal script perfectly (no extra messing around)

Sweet. Do we need to Gzip them by chance, and if so, do we keep the sfrom.gzip extension? :P

SD3 looks slightly weird/blurry on the very thin English text seen at the character select and within the game menus. However, it is still readable enough, I would say not worth trying to fix. The actual text windows that pop up for character dialogue look just fine.

Weird, but that's to be expected with pseudo hi-res mode 7.

wigner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as the previous "discussion" of good or crap emus/filters (specifically regarding world 1-7 Yoshi'sIsland), has anyone considered it's an artifact of playing it on tv's/displays it wasn't programmed/coded/shaded for? I mean is ANYONE actually playing these on a CRT as intended? I'm no expert, just thinking "out loud"...I'm going to play yoshi's island until reaching 1-7 and experiencing the glitchy background or whatever is going on on a current gen hdmi in tv. THEN, I'll load that level and try on an HD hdmi in TV...Then maybe I can dig out an old ps3 with snes9x on it and try both tests again...if anyone's interested...

Liriel

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Some game menu text (select Button) ist a Little Bit blurred.
The Text in the game window Like speak or Shop are ok.

Last edited by Liriel,
Reactions: the_randomizer

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64