Official hakchi2 - NES Mini very simple pimp tool

S-GUNN-99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I try to add more games I can only see nes games. what do I do to add other games? Do I need to put retro arch in like before and move games to the roms folder or what's the deal

I had to ask myself....when you are browsing for games to add...bottom right...select ALL types of files, not just NES

Reactions: HecklerJH

DocFishz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, does anyone have any knowledge on a way to get GBA games to run better? Everything else I've tried works perfectly, which is awesome. But the GBA games I've tried (Gunstar Super Heroes, Drill Dozer) run really choppy and Sonic Advance doesn't seem to work past the character select. Is there any settings I can tweak within Retroarch itself?

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Very minor complain, Hakchi2 uses common alphabetical classication which enters titles as such:

Legend of Zelda ,The

which makes me crazy and also which means that each new version I gotta import my previous hakchi2 "game" folder to keep the names I re-entered myself with true titles. Doing that in this version I lost all game gear files...

I don't really care as I don't intend to cheat, I guess that I might not be the only one faced with that issue... so maybe just add an option to search for cheats afterward? like in the settings.

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Ok got it working by installing the mod from the menu. How can you access RA menu now to tweak settings and stuff? Mario Kart 64 is very very laggy on the title screen

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Hey, does anyone have any knowledge on a way to get GBA games to run better? Everything else I've tried works perfectly, which is awesome. But the GBA games I've tried (Gunstar Super Heroes, Drill Dozer) run really choppy and Sonic Advance doesn't seem to work past the character select. Is there any settings I can tweak within Retroarch itself?
i think it's because the core it uses it's pretty slow, i used mgba before the update and it runned everything at full speed now it uses other one called medafnen_gba it's veeery slow

HecklerJH

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far every rom I have tried is loading, exiting and saving like a champ! I have around 600 NES, 35 SNES and 20 Genesis roms and my only minor feedback... The SNES and GEN roms seem to be too large for my TV and the bottom/top of screen is cut off. But I may just need to adjust some RetroArch settings... But like I said, minor lol.

LOVE THIS LIL SYSTEM THANKS TO CLUSTER & MAD MONKEY!

ClassicGamer78

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there anyway to add more cores to ver 2.12? I had the mame core running perfectly on 2.11 but now I don't see how to add that core and the arcade roms. This is a big bummer for me as I love old school arcades! ... otherwise, 2.12 is almost perfect!

Lion83

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OH MY GOD I FEEL REALLY STUPID SORRY, xD i forgot to activate the mod from the program menu

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

When Synchronizing select a folder and then clic the blue folder and then you can choose
What do you mean when Synchronizing? When I synchronize I can't do anything

anth0ny

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Damn :( Getting Solid Red Light. I dont have any Roms bigger than 16MB so i dont know why this is happening. Need to find a way past this issue. :(

878en6vEZbrnk4GC8XKi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not working for me.

Everything seems to work as it should and I've left the 30 original games on there and added a couple of dozen SNES games and they seemed to transfer across as expected but selecting any of the SNES games takes me straight back to the home menu. The original games work perfectly.

Part from moving the hakchi2(.12) folder to where the 2.11 folder was, am I supposed to do anything else before transferring games across? I get the feeling that I'm probably missing something obvious here.

EDIT:
Wait, am I supposed to add something to one of the hakchi2 folders?
Which mod file? This one?
Anybody?

People seem to be saying different things in this thread so I just don't know what to do with it but people seem to have worked it out here. I've downloaded the retroarch-clover zip file, does somebody have a step by step guide what I need to do with it?

I don't seem to be the only person having issues with this so a simple step by step guide would probably be really useful for people having this issue.

Thanks.:)

KTroopA

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone please advise on best settings for N64 and RA? Right now Super Mario 64 runs ok but sound skips. Mario kart 64 i cant get pass the title screen lol :/

jeanfag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Anybody?

People seem to be saying different things in this thread so I just don't know what to do with it but people seem to have worked it out here. I've downloaded the retroarch-clover zip file, does somebody have a step by step guide what I need to do with it?

I don't seem to be the only person having issues with this so a simple step by step guide would probably be really useful for people having this issue.

Thanks.:)
JztD7VZ.png

WgS5aY4.png

NESCLASSIC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK i spend a fair amount of time with the beta release and now the official release. Here is what I have discovered...These are just nitpicks @Cluster , the overall product is absolutely fantastic. These are some quick hits...

-Game Gear games do not run from their emulator by default, like all the rest of the games, however game gear games runs great though. It is not mentioned in the retroarch readme but it definitely should be. This seems like an easy fix, if a game with .gg is added to hakchi, add the MD extension for it automatically

-When you browse to add a game, the non- nes roms do not show up unless you change the setting to "all files". Again probably an easy fix so that all roms show up by default

-N64 is not running well using the default hakchi setup. mario 64, which i tested is super choppy. Similar to Retropie, this should just be noted as "experimental" right now, so that average users do not have the expectation that n64 will work flawlessly. I would recommend the same thing for GBA as it is also running badly currently, and this will level peoples expectations.

-A set of icons for the consoles themselves would be a great addition by someone with some graphic skills. I know many users who will want each console in a folder, so how nice would it be to have a picture of the console or a console logo image to use

-If there are any other cores running well, i would add them in the mix, especially ones that utilize a 2 button configuration (turbo grafx 16) comes to mind.

-In my testing today, NES, SNES, GENESIS, GAME GEAR, GAMEBOY, GAMEBOY COLOR, and SMS all ran fanstastic.

-It wouldn't hurt to have the retroarch mod already included with the hakchi zip package. Alot of users are not that great at figuring this out. For those that want no part of retroarch you still have to enable it in the settings, but it would be nice for the hmod to already be in the usermods folder in the hakchi zip, much like the music module comes in hakchi by default

Again, HAKCHI is magnificent, but I feel that all users should be giving quality feedback in order to make it better as it continues to evolve. What an amazing 6 weeks so far!!! Cheers!

Last edited by NESCLASSIC,

PlaystationTV

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i created a favorites folder in folder manager, how do i add games to that folder ? i want to add 30 favorite games but not take away from the other folders

Boognish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
N64 is not running well using the default hakchi setup. mario 64, which i tested is super choppy. Similar to Retropie, this should just be noted as "experimental" right now,

needs a Glupen64 core fix.. mario kart 64 was smooth and wicked fun last night

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...