Gaming HADES [switch]

HellaJvke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anybody play this game yet?

I watched a few livestreams and saw some high scoring reviews for it, yet have not picked it up myself.
Does anybody have feedback or opinions they can share in regards to this game, is it better to get for PC?

looks awesome reminds me of dante's inferno but with Greek gods

more info on super giant website

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

HellaJvke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah looking forward to playing this title
finishing up Ori magic sprit lemur 2 on switch...

love xbox studio games partnered with Nintendo

anyone who's played HADES have anything to report?
allegedly not on tinfoil or sites yet, errors out

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it's a fun game, controls really well, barely ever a slowdown unless there's really a ton of stuff going on.
but it's also a roguelike, so you'll repeat the same areas and enemies and bosses over and over and over with increasing difficulty, but also with an increasing number of weapon upgrades and an ever growing idea of what god combos make you super powerful.
there's also a slowly unfolding story about the greek gods and most of the characters are really well written.
the writing overall ranges from good to very entertaining, art style is cool, though honestly, it's all stills, there could be more poses and such in that regard.
also, don't expect those anime cutscenes, that's trailer only unfortunately. but just about everything in this game is voiced, and voiced very well at that.

I've been putting about 15 hours or and watched my brother play for another couple hours. it's definitely a game you can put in a bit of time if you like similar structured games like binding of isaac or dead cells. but it's also a huge time sink that likely requires it's 100-200 hours to 100%.
even if you just play it for a couple of days, I'd say it's definitely worth the 25€.

note: there is currently a gamebreaking bug in the switch version that seems to occur randomly when you don't put darkness points into mirror upgrades you unlocked. a patch for it is apparently submitted, but not yet on the eshop.
it locks up the savestate, but they think the patch will fix it and make it playable again.

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

HellaJvke

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a fun game, controls really well, barely ever a slowdown unless there's really a ton of stuff going on.
I've been putting about 15 hours or and watched my brother play for another couple hours. it's definitely a game you can put in a bit of time if you like similar structured games like binding of isaac or dead cells. but it's also a huge time sink that likely requires it's 100-200 hours to 100%.
even if you just play it for a couple of days, I'd say it's definitely worth the 25€.

note: there is currently a gamebreaking bug in the switch version .
thanks for the incredible reply and details
finished installing this game moments ago, will be on alert for the potential save state bug and an update
was a big fan of dead cells, and binding of isaac so im stoked to give this one a go

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.