Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

jonnyfresh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand how this mod hasn't been released. Last I knew, Hykem was hoping to release it by Christmas, then February, then March. Now it's April and he's "not signing in until it's done."

Troll level = Expert

Last edited by jonnyfresh,

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't really understand how this mod hasn't been released. Last I knew, Hykem was hoping to release it by Christmas, then February, then March. Now it's April and he's "not signing in until it's done."

Troll level = Expert
Have some class, dude, for what we know he may very well be sitting somewhere in jail and/or with all his accounts frozen

Reactions: jbuck1975

WildPyro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I am looking to purchase a Wii U that have the correct firmware to exploit. My question is, how do I know which console comes with which firmware if the box is un-opened. For my 3DS I went by the copyright date on the back, can the same be said with the Wii U? Does anyone have a particular place to look? (I've been searching ebay/amazon) Also, does the Basic/Deluxe version even matter if I'm going to put a bigger hard drive in it? Is that even possible? (It was with the PS3 and XBOX360) Sorry, new to the community here, but really been keeping an eye on this thread to see when the console officially becomes "hacked"

-Pyro

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

I am looking to purchase a Wii U that have the correct firmware to exploit. My question is, how do I know which console comes with which firmware if the box is un-opened. For my 3DS I went by the copyright date on the back, can the same be said with the Wii U? Does anyone have a particular place to look? (I've been searching ebay/amazon) Also, does the Basic/Deluxe version even matter if I'm going to put a bigger hard drive in it? Is that even possible? (It was with the PS3 and XBOX360) Sorry, new to the community here, but really been keeping an eye on this thread to see when the console officially becomes "hacked"

-Pyro
Right now, any off-the-shelf Wii U is exploitable. Buy them while they're hot

Motobug

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,

-Pyro
Every Wii U version has a kernel exploit as of today. And the Wii U can use external hard drives, but they have to be formatted for the Wii U specifically and cannot be used for anything else, and can't be accessed even with kernel access

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

wiimanofthenorth

Trophies
XP
Country
I accept, I don't know everything, but why does the first post talk about 5.5.3? I thought the latest was still 5.5.1? At least, that's what the ninty .co.uk site still says...???

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I accept, I don't know everything, but why does the first post talk about 5.5.3? I thought the latest was still 5.5.1? At least, that's what the ninty .co.uk site still says...???

Cause I made a typo. :)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Updated with news about IOSUhax. GG, Smea!

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the hack FINALLY came out, thank god for hykem, i am back after ages of waiting

so im on 5.5.0, do i need to upgrade to 5.5.1
It was a Kexploit leak, not an IOSU release. The Kexploit works on most firmwares up to the current one, you should be fine where you are. Read the Definitive Guide for upgrade advice

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
It was a Kexploit leak, not an IOSU release. The Kexploit works on most firmwares up to the current one, you should be fine where you are. Read the Definitive Guide for upgrade advice

Yeh, i cant do the java jar server bit

it says: "java" is not recognized as an internal or external command

Angelita Perez

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question: after launching loadiine and playing a game for long time,
the Wii U is online all that time (turning wifi off = can't load another game) is that wise?
I have tubehax set but my router doesn't have any blocking features though :(

Does disabling all the parental control except "browser" of course, does anything?
like is it better protected from updates?

So in short, when playing with loadiine does loadiine or hack protects the wii u from updates?

Thanks in advanced!

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It would be great if the guide added 2 progress updates fields so we can do a quick check: 1 - can we run Wii U games from USB? 2 - Can we hack vWii without any wii old discs? Thanks in advance.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/IGY5Zu1OpmA