Hacking Hacking the WiiU: A Simple Progress Guide

rennsport

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He won't lose it, yes, as Nintendo pretty much gave up updating vWii mode. But if he ever wants to see a hacked Wii U OS, 5.3.2 is the point of no return.

So if I don't really care about my Wii U side updating, but I have a homebrewed vWii is it still suggested I block Wii U side updating?

the_walkingWii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody! I'm a new user here and new to this hacking thing. Go easy on me okay? lol

I have a Wii which i JUST hacked a few weeks ago (using Letterbomb) I have Homebrew and Bootmi for it as well.

For Christmas I got a Wii U and i know you can play Wii games and use the Wii menu on it but i have a question. I warn you it may sound stupid but as i said i'm new to this.

I'm wondering if i can use the SD card i have that has my Home-brew, Bootmi information on it that i used to hack my Wii on my Wii U. It would be used for the Wii menu (the Wii side of the Wii U). Or do i have to do something completely different? I've read the forum and saw the Wii U hacking is in progress so i don't want to do anything to the Wii U side yet until more comes out.

I'm holding onto my old Wii just in case I can't, and as a just in case something happens.

the_walkingWii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome. I wanted to put the SD card with the info in but i had my doubts it wouldn't work and i would accidentally brick/screw up the Wii U just because i wanted Homebrew on my Wii lol.

Thank god i'm on Christmas break and have 2 weeks off from work (i'm a teacher). I can mess around with it.

Thank you for the help. If I end up with problems I may come back for help lol :)

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No probs. Just wipe the card or use a new one, and use the hackmii installer on it again. There should be an option to install on vWii.

muskieratboi

Rydian's got some competition!
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
No system themes. I noted as such on the sticky and that hasn't changed.

cfg usb loader should work fine, just make sure you have the latest version.

elite-fusion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone
I am new to the wii family. I just obtained a Wii U about 30 minutes ago and wanted to know if I can do this softmod for the vWii.

I am currently on version 5.3.2.0U which it forced me to update to upon setup.
Please advise.

Ray Lewis

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiiu.......waiting and expecting untethered hacked!just like wii.:lol:
Not happening. You'll need to run the browser exploit with server bs, then run the kernel exploit, and then you'll be limited to old firmware? The really good stuff needs an exploit nobody will release (IOSU exploit) and boot1 key (not sure anyone got that one). I think it is impossible to have bootmii as the Wii had. "Untethered"?

Jucost

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is the WiiU hacked like the Wii yet? (Backups, Homebrew, etc)

NO.
Is there any kind of progress?
Kinda Sorta Maybe?
Fail0verflow Developed a software based exploit in Late 2013, but it will not be released.​
In Febuary 2014, A separate hacking team unrelated to F0F has announced they they have also developed a parallel exploit, and have dumped the Boot ROM. It has been independently verified and the MD5 hashes match that of the F0F Exploit, Corroborating 0F's claims. They will not be releasing this exploit.​
In June 2014, A usermode Exploit (though one only available in 4.1.0) was released.​
This does not mean any kind of hack is available, as it does not provide full access to the system.​
Also, Wii U games have been dumped, as well as their Key hashes. The Wii U Ancast key has also been dumped.​
So, Can we Run WiiU ISOs/Backups?
NO.
But this YouTube video said....
NO!
Is Wii Mode (vWii) hacked yet?

Yes. But there are some issues..

What does that mean?
What can we actually DO in vWii Mode?
Here’s a simple, easy to use list of our current progress in Hacking the Virtual Wii in the WiiU.
(Basically, most stuff works the same, with a few exceptions.)​
So how do I actually DO this?
So, you're gonna go through with it?
Congratulations.
BTW, Your warranty is now Void. :P
There are a few tutorials out there, but my personal recommendation is Truth's tutorial, available here. It's simple, concise, and to the point.
It will tell you what is and isn't safe to install on your vWii. You don't want a brick on your hands, so you?
Any other cool stuff we can do?
Why yes, there is! For example:

I'll update this with more more accurate information as time passes.

Hello,

Wiiu seems to be already fully hacked............

Wiiu is not interesting for homebrews developers, should we forget hack for the future ?

http://wololo.net/2013/05/13/fail0verflow-the-end-of-homebrews/

"On a side note, and maybe only to prove that it’s really lack of interest but not the lack of skills that was driving his blog post, Marcan disclosed lots of information of fail0verflow’s ongoing hack of the Wii U, stating that they have fully hacked the Wii U, to a point where “there is basically no security left to break in. The article includes snippets of code, probably enough for people of the trade to move forward, but that will confuse the general audience who’s generally not versed into the fine art of C programming and hacking."

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: @_@