Hacking Hacking DS?

FinalSlash

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was told by my friend that you can hack your DS/Lite so that the annoying warning sign doesn't show up? Is it true, if it is can you tell me where I can get a tutorial to hack it?

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Why is this here?
huh.gif

Anyways, it's called "FlashMe" it's in the same sub-section as the R4 and is called "Flashme" (forgot the rest, too lazy to look) Ask there.

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Why is this here?Â
huh.gif

Anyways, it's called "FlashMe" it's in the same sub-section as the R4 and is called "Flashme" (forgot the rest, too lazy to look) Ask there.

Maybe because he doesn't know the term 'Flashme' and its meaning perhaps?

Edit: just realized this is in the R4 section.
Why IS this here?
blink.gif

iritegood

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yea, I am new this DS hacking business.

And yes, you can replace the DS firmware. However, if you decide to do that, the procedure can be dangerous and could 'brick' your DS (making it unable to turn on).

Make sure you read a lot before you decide to flash your DS. Screwing the process up could be very bad for your DS, expecially if you don't have a slot-2 card.

cutterjohn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorak05 on the Evolution forums tested flashing the GBA version of the flashme app to a 3in1 and booting it from that. It worked. IIRC he also told me that he actually flashed his DS again running it from the 3in1.

(It had been previously flashme already installed though, but ti shouldn't make a difference...)

[EDIT]
And another user there, apparently bricked their DS Lite when attempting to install flashme. The lites appear to be a little touchy, and are much easier to brick than the old phats. They also recomended using foil plus toothpick with the shorting end of the foil in a sort of flat screwdriver shape as there are apparently non-conductive patches on the SL-1 now...

Using the 3in1 is kind of useless though, unless you intend to leave flashme on your 3in1's flash permanently... or have a 2nd DS...
[/EDIT]

Defiance

oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now if only I could do something to get rid of that annoying Wii message at the beginning...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr