ROM Hack Hackers have been able to transfer Switch saves

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, telling from the photos, It could be the saves saved onto cartridge, and digital into System Memory, because like a 3DS, saves are on carts. Not entirely sure because I have 1 Switch console, not 2. Anyway it could be exciting to see BOTW and MK8D and Splatoon 2 save editors. I think personally the first homebrew should be the launcher and then save managers like JKSV, I wouldn't care if the save manager was in text mode or not.
Do Switch cartridges save on cart or system?
On the Wii U it was in system, but maybe because those were disks, I'm not sure about Switch games.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Wii got hacked when people found out how to corrupt Twilight Princess saves, right?
Looking good.

D

Deleted User

Do Switch cartridges save on cart or system?
On the Wii U it was in system, but maybe because those were disks, I'm not sure about Switch games.
Well, if he had the cartridge version and he stated he wanted to transfer, then I guess saves are on internal memory, if not, maybe a program like PowerSaves for Nintendo 3DS could exist for Switch either to extract and/or cheat saves.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The Wii got hacked when people found out how to corrupt Twilight Princess saves, right?
Looking good.
Possible corruption for BOTW?
Take out cartridge while saving?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Looking good.
Yeah and since then Nintendo's been really paranoid about save files.
That didn't stop the 3DS from having save file related entry points.
However that was not the case with the Wii U, as we never got any save exploits for it.

D

Deleted User

Saviine is kinda weird though, right? It's like a hot-patch while the game is running.
Yep, it was difficult to operate, you had to start a server on your computer and connect to wii u and homebrew launcher and it was...

D

Deleted User

ScisiM also was able to import a PC Isaac save to the switch(assuming I read his tweet correctly) apparently the switch handles saves like a joke provided that you can get to them
HAHAHAHA omg Nintendo gave up. And from this thread we have PC Isaac save to Switch Isaac save and BOTW Wii U save to BOTW Switch save. I guess they have the same engine or they are ports.

D

Deleted User

HAHAHAHA omg Nintendo gave up. And from this thread we have PC Isaac save to Switch Isaac save and BOTW Wii U save to BOTW Switch save. I guess they have the same engine or they are ports.
To be fair. Isaac is all nicalis. He also confirmed that my PC > console mod converter will still work as nicalis uses the same formats across all consoles. (for example the switch version still has the PS4 and X1 config files in it)

Fun fact in case anyone wants to know how much of a manchild Edmund is. The X1 config file is conveniently named "xboner"

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Of course they are ports xD
Don't tell me you were expecting them to make all games from scratch, did you?
Every ported game must have a way to handle save data similarly to other consoles.
I remember even OoT in the Collector's Edition could have N64 saves injected into the GCI save.
Heck you could even do the same for Zelda 1 if you knew where the save for it began in the GCI HEX data.

D

Deleted User

Of course they are ports xD
Don't tell me you were expecting them to make all games from scratch, did you?
Every ported game must have a way to handle save data similarly to other consoles.
I remember even OoT in the Collector's Edition could have N64 saves injected into the GCI save.
Heck you could even do the same for Zelda 1 if you knew where the save for it began in the GCI HEX data.
well obviously they would be ports, but some games I have are remakes, ports, or sequels, but they do not have similar save data.

lAkdaOpeKA

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, telling from the photos, It could be the saves saved onto cartridge, and digital into System Memory, because like a 3DS, saves are on carts. Not entirely sure because I have 1 Switch console, not 2. Anyway it could be exciting to see BOTW and MK8D and Splatoon 2 save editors. I think personally the first homebrew should be the launcher and then save managers like JKSV, I wouldn't care if the save manager was in text mode or not.
Some cart games on the 3DS save on the SD

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I have a broken o3ds xl
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Phones worked great for DS emulation with DraStic and a controller that held your phone
    But sadly that's coming to an end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, atleast I think the latest version's apk is archived somewhere
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah it works great but it's the obvious Ds factor you loose from it it's not like playing atari games on atari because Nintendo actually use to give a reason to buy their hardware
    +1
    Honestly Ken I actually have the hardware and it's hacked and works fine, prefer my phone lol
    Microphone is more sensitive, DraStic has a high res mode, screen is way better just overall a better experience
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I just like game consoles how they were intended to play if they have a unique enough reason to buy them anything else yeah just download emulation for it
    Oh and touch screen infinity better lol
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @Xdqwerty It's still on Play Store.
    for free
    Install before they remove it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd like to see a DS emulator that allows casting top screen to TV then use bottom for the touch screen stuff
    +1
    I used a vertical touch 22" monitor for playing some 3DS games through Citra.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Can't be that far off from it not like ds requires super hardware
    @K3Nv2 I did that using Citra for 3DS games. Bottom screen was my smartphone. Until I got the touch screen.
  • SwordShielder @ SwordShielder:
    Use a TV
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Citra allows it already?
    Yes.
    Ken I have that sort of set up on Drastic on Pi for games that don't require touch
    Looks nice too
    Any TV with your PC connected with Citra and any smartphone to use as a screen using a free play store app.
    +1
    Gonna look into that when I get home
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep:
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Any good 3ds smut titles psi? :creep: