So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Finally I did it, but now I have some small questions:
1. I have a 4gb memory stick, for storing back ups how much roughly would that hold, and is it worth getting an 8gb?
2. So, I am new to all of this, so whats like the latest custom firmware, or the best one and where can I download it, and how do I set it up on my PSP?
3. Okay, so any recommendations - homebrew or just things that will be useful or cool.
I am a noob at all of this, help appreciated.
Thanks
yaypsp.gif

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Use a PSP ISO compressing program and compress the games to CSO. This will help decrease the size by at least half on most occasions. Note that the GTA games run choppy as hell as CSO so for GTA games you might need to keep them as ISO. I can usually fit about 5 or 6 CSO games on my 4gb, but it depends on the game sizes. Some are incredibly small, while some can take up almost half of your memory card. Whether you want to upgrade to an 8gb is your decision. It's not absolutely necessary since you can fit several games on your 4gb at once. I'd like to get a 16gb when the price goes down just for the hell of it, but as of now I can fit enough games to entertain myself with until I can make it to my PC again to change games.

2. It depends on what model PSP you have. Is it the fat PSP (first model), 2000, or 3000? I have a 3000 and I use Chickhen R3 to enable homebrew applications, then I launch Custom Firmware Enabler from the applications to allow ISOs to be played. This is an easy process, requires nothing special to be purchased, and it's temporary in case you want to revert back to the official firmware (you must keep it on sleep mode to keep the custom firmware going). There's a lot of sites offering PSP files, I don't use any one in particular, I just Google what I need.

3. Pimpstreamer is pretty nice, it allows you to stream music and videos from your PC over a wireless connection. For emulators, use NesterJ for NES, PicoDrive for Genesis, and SnesTYL for SNES. There's also many popstation programs available allowing you to convert your PS1 ISO to a PSP bootable file, but I'm not too familiar with how that works, I've only done it once or twice just to see how it worked and deleted the games shortly afterward to free up space.

Leo Cantus

So zeta slow!
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Luriden said:
1. Use a PSP ISO compressing program and compress the games to CSO. This will help decrease the size by at least half on most occasions. Note that the GTA games run choppy as hell as CSO so for GTA games you might need to keep them as ISO. I can usually fit about 5 or 6 CSO games on my 4gb, but it depends on the game sizes. Some are incredibly small, while some can take up almost half of your memory card. Whether you want to upgrade to an 8gb is your decision. It's not absolutely necessary since you can fit several games on your 4gb at once. I'd like to get a 16gb when the price goes down just for the hell of it, but as of now I can fit enough games to entertain myself with until I can make it to my PC again to change games.

2. It depends on what model PSP you have. Is it the fat PSP (first model), 2000, or 3000? I have a 3000 and I use Chickhen R3 to enable homebrew applications, then I launch Custom Firmware Enabler from the applications to allow ISOs to be played. This is an easy process, requires nothing special to be purchased, and it's temporary in case you want to revert back to the official firmware (you must keep it on sleep mode to keep the custom firmware going). There's a lot of sites offering PSP files, I don't use any one in particular, I just Google what I need.

3. Pimpstreamer is pretty nice, it allows you to stream music and videos from your PC over a wireless connection. For emulators, use NesterJ for NES, PicoDrive for Genesis, and SnesTYL for SNES. There's also many popstation programs available allowing you to convert your PS1 ISO to a PSP bootable file, but I'm not too familiar with how that works, I've only done it once or twice just to see how it worked and deleted the games shortly afterward to free up space.
Thanks, very good answer!
I have the PSP Phat 1000

Luriden

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what the options are for modding a PSP phat 1000. As far as a permanent mod, you could probably do the pandora battery trick, which mods your PSP permanently (unless you choose to remove it). If you don't want to buy a pandora battery, you can make one yourself by modding your own battery. There's some guides available online on how to do that, you just gotta be careful you don't destroy your battery. I did that for my old 2000 I had awhile back, but times may have changed, there might be a permanent mod available for the 1000 now without any hardware modifications required. Hopefully someone here can answer that one for you, I'm one of the 3000 new kids now. I kinda wish I still had my 2000, I hate being limited to what I can and can't use.

Your topic says you hacked your PSP, so I'm sure you're probably already this far. Do you have the custom firmware on it already?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill