Hacking Hackable PS3 models and information

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS3 Superslim model : has the advantage of being quiet, and even lower power consumption than slim model. Can do (almost) everything CFW does.

Cons: you have to launch Hen icon every time you reboot the console.
From a YouTube comparison video, the dude said it's a bit noisier due to the cheap plastic disc slider.

It's a shame the Top Loader PS3 looks so cheap and like a knockoff as it could have had a fantastic design.

Console Comparison:

Super_Slim_PS3_35454664_35454666_35454667_35454668_17.jpg

The "Super Slim" doesn't look any more slimmer than the PS3 was.

I'd only recommend anyone getting the Top Loader model if they can find it for very cheap.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: depaul

Drambit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I looked at the list of hackable models on the front page of this thread, and did not really understand what I was reading. I have a CECH-2501A on firmware 4.86, I'm not really interested in playing backups, what I want to do is use the Blu-Ray drive inside the PS3 to rip backup copies of my movies and put them on my PC.

I am open to the idea of potentially buying the tools and learning how to do the more advanced NAND writing hacks, just can't even tell if that's possible with my model anymore.

Thanks

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
I looked at the list of hackable models on the front page of this thread, and did not really understand what I was reading. I have a CECH-2501A on firmware 4.86, I'm not really interested in playing backups, what I want to do is use the Blu-Ray drive inside the PS3 to rip backup copies of my movies and put them on my PC.

I am open to the idea of potentially buying the tools and learning how to do the more advanced NAND writing hacks, just can't even tell if that's possible with my model anymore.

Thanks

all ps3 are hackable now. well you dont need any hardware any more to hack your PS3.

go here http://ps3xploit.com/

watch video this to get an idea on what to do:

if you have any problems. any questions just ask.

thats information on the front page is for downgrade if you want to.

Reactions: Marc_LFD and depaul

GinOkami428

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, I am new to the PS3 modding scene. I have a CECH 3001B model, the Uncharted 3 one. I thought of installing CFW what with Sony eventually shutting the PSN servers down. Should I install HAN or HEN for one (if I can install the one or the other) and what tutorial should I use to safely install it? It's OFW is 4.82. I have modded my game systems in the past, so I do have a vague idea what I'm doing. I have a soft modded Phat PS2 running FreeMCBoot, a PSP running LCFW 6.60, a Wii (with Gamecube ports!) that is running Homebrew Channel and BootMiiOS, a Gamecube I want to mod the Gameboy Player, and a New 3DS XL still (sadly) running MenuHax. Not sure if it counts, but I also have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ I have with RetroArch, AetherSX2, Citra, PPSSPP, and both Dolphin and Dolphin MMJR2 (MMJR2 for certain games). Oh, and an Xbox One with RetroArch (not that it really matters much now, as one of those RetroArch apps shut down), that I used to run NESBox online with. I would like to know if I need to backup my PS3 HDD first beforehand (or rather, if it is recommended).

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
So, I am new to the PS3 modding scene. I have a CECH 3001B model, the Uncharted 3 one. I thought of installing CFW what with Sony eventually shutting the PSN servers down. Should I install HAN or HEN for one (if I can install the one or the other) and what tutorial should I use to safely install it? It's OFW is 4.82. I have modded my game systems in the past, so I do have a vague idea what I'm doing. I have a soft modded Phat PS2 running FreeMCBoot, a PSP running LCFW 6.60, a Wii (with Gamecube ports!) that is running Homebrew Channel and BootMiiOS, a Gamecube I want to mod the Gameboy Player, and a New 3DS XL still (sadly) running MenuHax. Not sure if it counts, but I also have a Samsung Galaxy S10+ I have with RetroArch, AetherSX2, Citra, PPSSPP, and both Dolphin and Dolphin MMJR2 (MMJR2 for certain games). Oh, and an Xbox One with RetroArch (not that it really matters much now, as one of those RetroArch apps shut down), that I used to run NESBox online with. I would like to know if I need to backup my PS3 HDD first beforehand (or rather, if it is recommended).

you can only install hen on your PS3. from the model you told.

http://ps3xploit.com/

watch this video

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
what about fat cechc04 (with sdcard reader) ? couldnt find it on the list only cechc03

and about permanent cfw does the firmware still matter?

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All PS3s are hackable, especially the launch models.

Perma CFW matters if you don't want to boot up a HEN unlocker each time, but to downgrade it needs to be done by soldering so someone who has experience.

Reactions: rantex92

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
All PS3s are hackable, especially the launch models.

Perma CFW matters if you don't want to boot up a HEN unlocker each time, but to downgrade it needs to be done by soldering so someone who has experience.
do i still need to look for 3,56? if i want cfw not hen

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
do i still need to look for 3,56? if i want cfw not hen
At least 3.56/3.55

https://wololo.net/downgradable-ps3-models/

I bought a PS3 with CFW and a blue led flash (to indicate if it would overheat) and it was incredibly cheap (on eBay), but part of the reason it went unnoticed was due to the Blu-ray drive not working, I assume.

Even a fully working PS3 with CFW isn't too expensive. It's just the 60GB model that gets a lot of attention.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At least 3.56/3.55

https://wololo.net/downgradable-ps3-models/

I bought a PS3 with CFW and a blue led flash (to indicate if it would overheat) and it was incredibly cheap (on eBay), but part of the reason it went unnoticed was due to the Blu-ray drive not working, I assume.

Even a fully working PS3 with CFW isn't too expensive. It's just the 60GB model that gets a lot of attention.
yeah i never mingled with hacking a ps3(but every other console) till now because i got a request from a buddy of mine to rebuild his old ps3(fat lady with sdcardreader and in best case a permanent cfw) so lowest model i could score from german ebay was cechc04 but the version wasnt stated and the seller allready sent it so now im hoping for the best

Reactions: Marc_LFD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah i never mingled with hacking a ps3(but every other console) till now because i got a request from a buddy of mine to rebuild his old ps3(fat lady with sdcardreader and in best case a permanent cfw) so lowest model i could score from german ebay was cechc04 but the version wasnt stated and the seller allready sent it so now im hoping for the best
That's cfw capable. Firmware on it doesn't matter, it's if it can be downgraded to 3.56 or lower. All phats can have cfw.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
That's cfw capable. Firmware on it doesn't matter, it's if it can be downgraded to 3.56 or lower. All phats can have cfw.
Hey God just a quickquestion : if i change the intern hdd to 4tb on a ps3 slim with evilnat cfw do i need first to go back to 3,55 ofw or can i just use the cfw.pup as recovery and install the cfw directly?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.