Hacking Hackable PS3 models and information

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I read that it works fine with 1.5TB so I'm waiting to find a deal on that. What do you mean by iffy?

Doesn't work all that well in your experience?
from what i read at psx-place " you can put any 2,5 hdd BUT the system will only take up to 1,5 tb max so every byte after that is just lost/unallocated"

1TB should work for sure, but it gets a little "iffy" with 1.5TBs.
another question: the seller did sent any nor/flash backup should i go back to 3,55 ofw and use bgtools to dump and jb again or can i dump the flash while on cfw? or is there another way for creating a backup (without hardware like teensy flasher)

Reactions: Marc_LFD

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from what i read at psx-place " you can put any 2,5 hdd BUT the system will only take up to 1,5 tb max so every byte after that is just lost/unallocated"

another question: the seller did sent any nor/flash backup should i go back to 3,55 ofw and use bgtools to dump and jb again or can i dump the flash while on cfw? or is there another way for creating a backup (without hardware like teensy flasher)
Yes, rebug toolbox can dump the flash.

Reactions: rantex92

Deleted member 114266

Trophies
XP
i think i will take the 1tb 7200 from my old ps4 then and thank you as always ^^
If you are trying to set things up for the long haul, it might be worth going to an SSD.

The PS3 wouldn't take advantage of the transfer speeds, but the instant seek times are noticeable.

Just get one of the mid-range brands unless you see a good deal on Samsung/WD. I have one in my Super Slim, and even having it filled up with tons of games the system interface is still snappy, and the icons for each item load instantly as you are scrolling through that huge list. That wasn't the case with a regular HDD.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the system will only take up to 1,5 tb max so every byte after that is just lost/unallocated"
Fair enough.

I don't plan on going over the limit. I'd rather have 1.5TB than 1TB due to the fact there's only 931GB usable (even when I got my first 1TB HDD that was upsetting).

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you are trying to set things up for the long haul, it might be worth going to an SSD.

The PS3 wouldn't take advantage of the transfer speeds, but the instant seek times are noticeable.

Just get one of the mid-range brands unless you see a good deal on Samsung/WD. I have one in my Super Slim, and even having it filled up with tons of games the system interface is still snappy, and the icons for each item load instantly as you are scrolling through that huge list. That wasn't the case with a regular HDD.
yeah i thought about an ssd got 1tb just laying around and an ssdhd with 2 tb another 4tb is on the way so i got plenty of options but with ssd you have only x cycles till an ssd is dead so i personally tend to use hdd over sdd in consoles

Fair enough.

I don't plan on going over the limit. I'd rather have 1.5TB than 1TB due to the fact there's only 931GB usable (even when I got my first 1TB HDD that was upsetting).
sadly thats because the other gb´s are for filetables ( for instance i got an 12 tb nas hdd about 800gb are "non usable"/"reserved for fsystem/ile tables"

i remember my first mp3 back in the day(when i was around 12yrs old) it was a 256mb model only 217mb was usable i was so dissapointed so iwent back and the guy at the tech market cleared me up

Reactions: Marc_LFD

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yes, rebug toolbox can dump the flash.
sadly i dont have rebugtools ...The whole thing is weird the ps3 slim i got is running a costum build of evilnats cfw but half of the tools are behind some paywalls (yeah paywalls if you believe it or not ) another big red thing is there is a romloader build in but to use it you have to pay 19€ (the best thing his romloader refers to another free thirdparty site so he is robbing you like somekind of highway man)

another thing if i would pay the 19€ evilnat would turn into rebug for fullaccess

and yeah this is some underground pirated dude xD i thought such things only would existed in movies but atleast he did a nice costum led and fanmod

EDIT: and before i change the hdd and install evilnat myself id like to pke around in his romloader and costum bat.dat just out of fun

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
are you sure you have the right evilnat? that doesn't sound right at all. there shouldn't be any paywalls, and I've never heard of romloader or costum.bat.dat.
thats whats on there from the seller he modified the evilnatvfw for his money making porpuses

(and yes i will clean the hdd change it with a new one and do a fresh restart & the jb all overagain but like i said i like to poke around his romload only needs a passwort wich you would get by paying him 19 € as of im speak im trying to bruteforce it )

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The whole thing is weird the ps3 slim i got is running a costum build of evilnats cfw but half of the tools are behind some paywalls (yeah paywalls if you believe it or not ) another big red thing is there is a romloader build in but to use it you have to pay 19€ (the best thing his romloader refers to another free thirdparty site so he is robbing you like somekind of highway man)

another thing if i would pay the 19€ evilnat would turn into rebug for fullaccess

and yeah this is some underground pira
:rofl2:

Just download the original pup here and install it, done :)
https://www.psx-place.com/threads/4-88-2-evilnat-cobra-8-3-custom-firmware-cfw-cex-released.32057/

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: susi91

susi91

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i already done but before i start over i would like to poke around maybe i can get through his pw protection and so on

for it would be a shame if i just delete everything with out taking a look
Thats ok... but I guess it's a bad idea to log on at ps-network with such a FW ;)
maybe your account gets stolen or banned...

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thats ok... but I guess it's a bad idea to log on at ps-network with such a FW ;)
maybe your account gets stolen or banned...
thanks for your advise ♥ but im not a script kiddy (ok maybe sometimes) ;) i only use this ps3 completely offline + i never had a ps3 psn account

Reactions: susi91

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess it doesn't matter much, but there are information stealers with certain things in the ps3 scene, mostly idps stealers, which is your console id when online. that's what's banned if you ever do get banned. some unscrupulous people sell the idps to multiple people, effectively ripping them off, because someone always does something stupid, getting them all banned.

• Wow

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I guess it doesn't matter much, but there are information stealers with certain things in the ps3 scene, mostly idps stealers, which is your console id when online. that's what's banned if you ever do get banned. some unscrupulous people sell the idps to multiple people, effectively ripping them off, because someone always does something stupid, getting them all banned.
thanks for clearing me up that i didnt know my thought that maybe theres a rat since he send the ps3 with mic and cam and such thing

Reactions: godreborn

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
something seems very fishy about that system. I might even say return it, because you have no idea what the seller's intent is.
yes its fishy when i try to start a game or some apps it would just restart xD and no i will keep this couriosity xD but i wil definetly do a fresh restart when im done with poking around ( i will go back to 4.82ofw with a new hdd recovery and from there i will use ps4exploit to backup and jb that system then i will go for the real evilnat ^^ or should i go with rebug i heard its better for psx,psp,ps2

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it doesn't really matter unless you want newer AACS keys. those are the bluray encryption keys, so you won't be able to play the newest movies if you go with rebug, if that matters to you. I'm on evilnat myself, since rebug has disbanded. I think Joonie is in the ps4 scene, and habib, evilsperm, and cyberskunk all retired. evilnat has disappeared as well. I tried contacting him on github, but I got no response. he told me he was having computer problems, but that was a very long time ago.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
it doesn't really matter unless you want newer AACS keys. those are the bluray encryption keys, so you won't be able to play the newest movies if you go with rebug, if that matters to you. I'm on evilnat myself, since rebug has disbanded. I think Joonie is in the ps4 scene, and habib, evilsperm, and cyberskunk all retired. evilnat has disappeared as well. I tried contacting him on github, but I got no response. he told me he was having computer problems, but that was a very long time ago.
i heard the great "pinky" iis also retired ;P

hmmm then i go with evilnats 4.88.2 the only thing i look after is the compatibility on psx and ps2

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pinky is semi-retired. the name has filth written all over it. I use pinky in the name of my psn, live, and switch accounts, but that's not the complete name. pinky had been taken, and godreborn was my original name on psn, but that account got banned. I will likely never use the pinky name again, I was just kinda forced to considering I wanted the same name on both the series x and ps5, and I don't know how Nintendo would have taken a name like godreborn. that's why I settled on a pinky name for my legit accounts.

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
pinky is semi-retired. the name has filth written all over it. I use pinky in the name of my psn, live, and switch accounts, but that's not the complete name. pinky had been taken, and godreborn was my original name on psn, but that account got banned. I will likely never use the pinky name again, I was just kinda forced to considering I wanted the same name on both the series x and ps5, and I don't know how Nintendo would have taken a name like godreborn. that's why I settled on a pinky name for my legit accounts.
just a big thank to you for helping me everytime♥

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.