ROM Hack Hack the Pal Park Region-Lock in Pokemon HG/SS

Poryhack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I think I finally got that issue figured out. I can't get it to work in the 2009.03.06 version either, but I've been using the newer 2009.09.14 for most of the time, hence the inconsistencies.

You can download the newest version here. When you run it it will create the file CrystalTile2.ini; copy the user_id line. You'll need to send it via email to wannya[aat]qq.com. Title the email "CrystalTile??". He'll reply with another line, copy that into the same file right under the user_id. Run CrystalTile and it should function normally from there out.

See why I didn't want to link to the new version initially?

D

Deleted-236924

Pory, could you include a patch for clean roms in the first page?
It would make it easier for people to patch their rom.

I suggest clean roms, since there are too many different patches to make a patch for every combinations of patches.

Poryhack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I could do that. I can't guarantee that other patches applied after would still work properly though, so it might only be useful to those people who have auto-patching firmware.

Poryhack

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@[member="Poryhack"] Do you know if I will have a region problem going from a US gba game to a EUR/French DS HG/SS game?
Well you certainly will have a problem on an unedited ROM and the patch in the first post is only good for English to Japanese. It's possible though if you're capable of some manual editing.

Anyway, just right click a compressed overlay in CrystalTile's NDS filesystem explorer and you'll have the option of decompressing and saving it or opening a decompressed file and compressing it to that location. The process once you've got the decompressed overlay (#74) is easy enough; do a text search in a hex editor for AXVJ. It'll find a small list of game IDs for the 3rd gen pokemon games in which you can replace all J's with the letter corresponding to your language and vice versa. Save and compress/insert the edited overlay and you're good to go. Any 4th gen game can be hacked to accept any third gen game in a similar manner.
This (ripped from the first post) is basically what you need to do, but instead of AXVJ look for AXVF (for Français) and replace it with AXVE (for English), and so on.

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol