Hacking Hack SXOS

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
This is question on the same level as asking if we can update SX OS.
No, we can't without source code.
Probably easier to write the XCI loading from scratch. Honestly, I'm surprised no one has. Then again some people I've spoken to rather not do it since they don't want Nintendo on their backs.

Reacher17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Xci

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210524-210659_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20210524-210659_Chrome.jpg
    234.7 KB · Views: 272

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Probably easier to write the XCI loading from scratch. Honestly, I'm surprised no one has. Then again some people I've spoken to rather not do it since they don't want Nintendo on their backs.
I know that someone managed to do that without hardcoding lotus keys (because they are hardcoded in fs since 9.0.0 iirc), but they did that only for reverse engineering purpose and they put discovered stuff on switchbrew without sharing any code. So it seems like any person that knows how to do that has ethics not to share it.

Last edited by masagrator,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I know that someone managed to do that without hardcoding lotus keys (because they are hardcoded in fs since 9.0.0 iirc), but they did that only for reverse engineering purpose and they put discovered stuff on switchbrew without sharing any code. So it seems like any person that knows how to do that has ethics not to share it.
Aye, thanks to MITM it seems to be pretty much possible to do.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
but they still chose to emulate the GPU and Audio for whatever reason, maybe it was easier, dunno.

If you have the source to the game then you would normally write functions with the same name as the functions in the original sdk that target the modern platform instead. As this might involve different capabilities (audio formats, texture formats, etc) then it is somewhat emulating the original gpu and audio (less so if you are using higher definition textures and larger framebuffer)

The benefit is you don't have to rewrite the game, which will probably break it & you can reuse the same layer again on another game.

If you don't have the source then you can translate the binary, but it's a much bigger PITA, especially if you want to do any kind of change to the game.

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi All ,

Im currently running lastest atmosphere with an 11.0.1 Emunand , is there an easy to follow tutorial to share this emunand between SXOS and atmosphere ?

Since creating a new one to use with SX in my case i think wouldnt work since my sysnand is up to date

Thanks!

MarkDarkness

Nocturnal
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I am a fan of this redemption arc of a hacker trying his hardest and getting ridiculed by the GBATemp "you will fail" crowd... only to later rise from the ashes with the hack that he had promised and they said he couldn't do. FTW.

raxadian

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
So apart from cracking the license for SXOS, what else has this achieved? Anybody looking into updating SXOS to work on newer fw?

There is two working Switch emulators for PC that get regular updates and there is Atmosphere... so why bother? Not to mention this thing can brick your Switch.

Eventually Atmosphere or something based on it will be made to work with the clone chips.

Personally, I wish I had the dough for a powerful computer and then just use a Switch emulator on PC as is the less risky option.

Toni456

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So now that people butthurt about SXOS being paid can use it free can they finally admit it's better?
No one is admitting that SXOS is better, the sole reason for hacking something like this is for self achievement on the hackers part and to ensure they don't make any profits off of stolen code, it's not being cracked just because its something that people want but because open sourced code should always remain free to use if used in other projects.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi All ,

Im currently running lastest atmosphere with an 11.0.1 Emunand , is there an easy to follow tutorial to share this emunand between SXOS and atmosphere ?

Since creating a new one to use with SX in my case i think wouldnt work since my sysnand is up to date

Thanks!
Depends on how you created that emuNAND.
Probably not with SX OS bootmenu I assume?
First step however would be to downgrade to 11.0.0 with Daybreak in Atmosphère since SX OS doesn't support 11.0.0 "yet".
Then you have a few options. One would be to use emuTool to dump your current emuNAND, then create one with SX OS bootmenu (backup your whole SD card first since all data gets wiped), then restore the dumped emuNAND into the one SX OS created. Then boot into hekate and use the migrate feature for emuMMC.
This is a little too complex for this thread (since it's off topic). Ask in another thread if you need further help.
Mention me there if you want me to notice so I see if I can help.

ressit

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Thanks to @Reacher17

Here's the guide with the graphics and new hacks, with this everything will work the same as on original sxos 3.10
======================================================================================

**SXOS currently only supports Switch firmware up to 11.0.0** - any newer firmware will fail, you can downgrade using AtmosphereNX and then create an emunand running 11.0.0 firmware for use with SXOS.

1: Copy an untouched clean SXOS 3.10 boot.dat to your sd card root directory and Use SXOS payload to launch it.
2: Launch SXOS - and if you don't have license-request.dat - this will be created on the root of your micro sd card.
3: Copy license-request.dat from your switch to the extracted folder you download from this post.
4: Copy a clean SXOS 3.10 boot.dat to the folder and rename it to boot.dat.orig (this will keep it from being modified).
5: Click SXOS-GFX.exe - this will create a new folder called out that will contain some bin files which a created from the themes folder (you can remove this be clicking on SXOS-GFX.exe again)
6: If you have python 3.9 installed - run SX_License_Hack.py and boot.dat and license.dat should be created.
7: Copy the newly created boot.dat and license.dat to the root of your micro sd card.
8: Use SXOS payload to launch.

**note - SXOS extra hekate icon can be modded at line 310 (BL.write(b'argon/payloads/hekate.bin') to launch any payload you want, just change the path to the payload you with to launch, line 314 contains the name for that icon - once again change this to what you want.**

Also autoboot code was commented out - you can re-enable this again in the script if you want to show the SXOS options during boot - or just press the volume + button to bring up the options menu.
i folow this but can't boot CFW all blacksceen

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Probably it will never happen, as Team Reswitch doesn't care about piracy, Xortroll tried, but he archived his project, fsp-usb.
XorTroll never tried to achieve XCI mounting. He only tried to make USB accessable from within Atmosphère which now is the case thanks to DarkMatterCore and his library.
This however still doesn't enable XCI mounting in Atmosphère but a few things like USB support for pPlay and so on.
It doesn't seem like XCI USB mounting is ever gonna happen in Atmosphère.

Also:
@Reacher17 You should write in the first post in big red letters, that this hack - as nice as it is - does not:
- make SX OS support highter firmwares than 11.0.0 (as it doesn't have anything to do with updating SX OS)
- make it more likely that USB XCI mounting for Atmosphère will be possible

as both points would require source code access to SX OS which this is topic is not about because ppl drop into this thread every few pages and keep asking the same stupid questions. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: all my stuff is wired anyway