Hacking Hack SXOS

D

Deleted User

I gave this hacksxos script a whirl and the rom menu works like a charm (license shows up as valid, can access all the menus, etc).
One problem though. The XCI mounting doesn't seem to work? I'm confident I don't have a bad XCI, but it's just a bit weird considering it mounts fine in Reacher17's video. Maybe you need to have the game icon already on the home menu for it to work?
For all intents and purposes, I myself am just trying this on 6.0.1 SysNAND, although I did also try it on 10.0.1 yesterday, with no success on the XCI front there either.

EDIT: Ah, maybe it was because I didn't replace the console fingerprint in the script; derp. I'll try to figure that out and see if that makes any difference to the functionality.
EDIT 2: Well, that didn't make any difference. :/

Last edited by ,

Reacher17

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I gave this hacksxos script a whirl and the rom menu works like a charm (license shows up as valid, can access all the menus, etc).
One problem though. The XCI mounting doesn't seem to work? I'm confident I don't have a bad XCI, but it's just a bit weird considering it mounts fine in Reacher17's video. Maybe you need to have the game icon already on the home menu for it to work?
For all intents and purposes, I myself am just trying this on 6.0.1 SysNAND, although I did also try it on 10.0.1 yesterday, with no success on the XCI front there either.

EDIT: Ah, maybe it was because I didn't replace the console fingerprint in the script; derp. I'll try to figure that out and see if that makes any difference to the functionality.
you need a license and its imprint

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

another switch

D

Deleted User

Welp, looks like my friend gave me a bad license that was 125 bytes and not 256... :(
I might have to wait a little bit longer then.

agpixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Another script kiddie outbreak thread, just like that German guy that tried to unban his switch by messing around with system time and fuses, mixing up mV and mA from Hekate menu. And now this person, posting some meaningless stuff without explaining anything. To me this thread looks like another kiddie showoff.
Oh really?

Reactions: mikefor20

agpixel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In fact the interest of cracking SXOS when the atmosphere has almost all the features is a bit "useless".
Nevertheless the fact to have succeeded in cracking it is a pride I suppose, a proof of concept to say, "Hello, yes SX can be hacked go bye bye".

The xci feature is a big thing for me, imagine get that in a single homebrew, it would be super cool

Reactions: BigOnYa

shanefromoz

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
All the haters will get quiet now. They will finally have XCI loading that they covet but their mommies wouldn't let them buy! MWUHAHAHA. I am happy for you all. You can finally stop being jealous and back up massive amounts of games.
Thats if they dont brick there switch first

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
For those that want to unpack boot.dat - I updated the script from hexkyz and naehrwert to work on newer versions of python3.9.

Also for the TX haters, stop acting like children (unless you are a child). This is a thread specifically about SXOS hacking, if you are triggered by SXOS CFW, I suggest you stick to stuff that won't trigger you. Go on YouTube or something and watch cat videos as the rest of us can't be arsed with you.

Attachments

• python3-tx_unpack.zip
    20.8 KB · Views: 183

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP

Did you try on SXOS 2.9.5, or a different version of SXOS?

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Yeah, it was 2.9.5.
Did you use a clean version of boot.dat the second time you patched it? Also did you use the fingerprint from the original switch that had the original licence.dat or did you use the fingerprint from your own switch?

Chrisssj2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In fact the interest of cracking SXOS when the atmosphere has almost all the features is a bit "useless".
Nevertheless the fact to have succeeded in cracking it is a pride I suppose, a proof of concept to say, "Hello, yes SX can be hacked go bye bye".
Calling SX mounting useless. LMAO!

Reactions: lordelan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: lol, Okies. Family graveyard is that way 👉