Hacking Hack SXOS

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
The only thing which atmosphère can't do, is xci loading. Otherwise atmosphère can do everything what sx os can do.
That's not true, for a start you can run games from hard drive - also this isn't about what CFW can do what - it's still better to dual boot and have the best of both worlds.

Reactions: HollowGrams

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's not true, for a start you can run games from hard drive - also this isn't about what CFW can do what - it's still better to dual boot and have the best of both worlds.
wish you luck as the activation was server side and you want to risk touching xecuter when nintendo have access to all their domains?

it is pointless to try hack sx os, the features it offeres are minimal, hdd loading and xci isnt a massive feat considering the wasted time trying to hack the os then the risks involved.

also note that its not yet known if sx os has a future anymore, there is a chance that it has been abandoned.

so again, wasting time for 2 features, which could be possible on free atmos, but its pointless as nsp formats are easily installed via usb from your computer to your console.

also it may sound good to dual boot both, but then you need to remind (which far too many never learn), if atmos supports a new fw, you cant update, it will break sx os unless they update (which people bitch as 11.1 is not mandatory and sx os has no support).

its best to pick your option and stick to it.

but to try hack what could be a dead os is pointless.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: f0li0 and BaamAlex

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
wish you luck as the activation was server side and you want to risk touching xecuter when nintendo have access to all their domains?

it is pointless to try hack sx os, the features it offeres are minimal, hdd loading and xci isnt a massive feat considering the wasted time trying to hack the os then the risks involved.

also note that its not yet known if sx os has a future anymore, there is a chance that it has been abandoned.

so again, wasting time for 2 features, which could be possible on free atmos, but its pointless as nsp formats are easily installed via usb from your computer to your console.

also it may sound good to dual boot both, but then you need to remind (which far too many never learn), if atmos supports a new fw, you cant update, it will break sx os unless they update (which people bitch as 11.1 is not mandatory and sx os has no support).

its best to pick your option and stick to it.

but to try hack what could be a dead os is pointless.
There's no point getting into what CFW can do what - this thread isn't about that, it's obvious YOU don't like or use SXOS - but there's lots that do and use it alongside Atmosphere. I have a SXOS licence and use it when I want to, I also use Atmosphere when I want to - it just depends on what I feel like. Both CFW have their pros and cons, but the fact is that I have the best of both CFW - and so does everyone else that uses both.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
The only thing which atmosphère can't do, is xci loading. Otherwise atmosphère can do everything what sx os can do.
Lots of people just find SXOS easier to set up. Atmosphere is simple if you know what you're doing but remember a huge amount of console modders are children and parents. SXOS also has other features, Stealth mode is pre configured (on AMS you have to specify which domains to block), the SX Save Manager has cloud saves, SXOS has a built in cheat menu where as on AMS you have to fuck about with Edizon, SXOS can auto update (remember the target audience isn't great with computers).
No kidding...Let him do what he wants. Just trying to push your views on someone to make them stop doing what they like to do is not cool. Cyber Bullies.
Yeah, even if people hate SXOS this is just a fun project for OP. I've made trainers for games before, no one cared about them but they were just fun to do and that was reason enough for me. Besides, wouldn't this settle the AMS vs SXOS debate? If SXOS is made free and all the AMS users migrate then the SX fan boys can say for sure that SXOS is better. If no one starts using SXOS then the Atmosphere fan boys get to feel justified in a completely pointless argument that no one with a life cares about.

JoeBloggs777

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
HDD loading isnt a game breaker nor is XCI loading when majority use NSP or other installable formats, majority using atmos either download and install via usb or majority dont even need that and use tinfoil to download/install direct to the console..

what about super XCI files, why have many separate NSP files when you can cut and paste one XCI file ,
for example. Crash Bandicoot 4, you would have a base nsp. update.nsp and a dlc nsp, with a super XCI its just 1 file Base + v1.1 + 2DLC (Patched) and you can get it patched to work on lower firmware so no need to start using Atmos at the moment

Last edited by JoeBloggs777,

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what about super XCI files, why have many separate NSP files when you can cut and paste one XCI file ,
for example. Crash Bandicoot 4, you would have a base nsp. update.nsp and a dlc nsp, with a super XCI its just 1 file Base + v1.1 + 2DLC (Patched) and you can get it patched to work on lower firmware so no need to start using Atmos at the momment
and risk compilation errors and bugs.

or, use tinfoil and download/install all in one go. no need to download an xci, copy to sd or hdd to click install, simply find game, download including updates/dlc with the click of one button.

xci i used to like the idea of running off one file, but to be honest nsp is no problem.

xci loading in all honesty is not a game breaking feature when you can just go for atmos thats free, wasting time trying to hack what could be a dead cfw thats highly unlikely is pointless.

Last edited by ,

DrunkenMonk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bad titles and baseless conjecture, the thread.

The OP doesn't have anything, anyone who thinks somebody who had some revelation about the trinket install from mattytrog in 2019 (that was actually explained in the original thread), is actually capable of coding his way out of a paper bag, is sadly quite the disillusioned individual.

All the arguments that ensued hereafter are also pointless and mostly coming from a lack of information. It's okay guys, things will work out eventually regardless of what the end result ends up being. Speculating and arguing over nonsense isn't going to help at all.

Best thing the mods could do is just close this thread or move it to EOF.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I think this kind of comparison has been done before and it's rubbish. Everyone is free to use or hack whatever they want. Here it is only discussed that it is not known that he is doing OP, since he does not bother to show capture that demonstrates his capabilities that he knows what he is doing.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I have come to the conclusion within the last few post's that they don't want anybody cracking SXOS because if someone was able to do it, nobody would never use Atmosphere. Just like fighting the swamp.
Not the problem, is that the person who publishes is playing the hacker and they have deviated from the subject, which in the end does not make much sense to say what he does either.

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I repeat . I managed to start with a license that is not mine. even if i post proof you will find a way to tell it is wrong
If op can't contribute anything to keep the thread moving forward, I see no reason to keep this open.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Since this thread is active again. It would be good to talk about the subject, the "hack" of SXOS, since OP does not contribute anything. Let's see if we can make time for when you're ready to do it.

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since this thread is active again. It would be good to talk about the subject, the "hack" of SXOS, since OP does not contribute anything. Let's see if we can make time for when you're ready to do it.
To be fair it looks like they updated the first post with a video of them launching SX without a valid license.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Kennyboy, have you found any decent mini Pc for around $200-250? Fast enough to play most Pc games.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'd say save another $100 anythtwith 8core upgradeable ram I'm thinking about ordering the acemagic still
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, I haven't turn on my OG Xbox one in ages, just did now and ofcourse, 32GB update required, gonna take forever.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Edit: nevermind, I forgot I up-ed my internet speed, only 30 min remaining.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Will a mobo with a M2ssd slot work without a M2ssd installed, using a sata ssd temporary?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    As long as sata just point bios to boot to it as main drive
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Is that a compilation of you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    M.2 is more of a luxury you can still boot from Ide if you really wanted to
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I mean as long as the motherboard still has sata ports unless you're still in celeron days
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    wut
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it has Sata 3
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It should still have a Bootable option in bios select drive
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    whats sata?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How you were born
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sata is the type of interface/cable connection of hard drives/disc drives for Pc.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't tell them about old bank drives may explode
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mini pcs in the 70's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    128kbs of storage
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do I connect this to my emachine
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The Tattooist of Auschwitz is pretty good so far