Hacking Hack SXOS

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
... :unsure:..hmmm an account that is basically unknown and new.. states outlandish claims.... I for one am Intrigued.

I wish you the best either way...Carry on :gba:
I've only been skim reading their posts but what they're saying sounds similar to a thread I saw on the dks forums a while ago (won't name it because it has lots of pirated content but anyone in the PS4 scene will know site). Iirc they were able to get it to work by changing the license public key in the boot.dat to use a private key they generated but it only worked for one boot, any attempted to launch SXOS on a console that had previously ran the cracked version would cause it to freeze.

Imancol

Otak Productions
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
It's been over 2 weeks since this thread was created, and I don't know what's stopping you from posting something that makes this thread work.

Xecuter would be able to blow all your fuses. So be careful, it is already known that the XCI code is illegal and owned by Nintendo.

So you could create you could invest your time in a customFireware that has all the functions of SXOS and more, instead of something that is not clear what you do. That you can still do it, but not sharing it in a fragmented and non-objective way.

Last edited by Imancol,
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
It's been over 2 weeks since this thread was created, and I don't know what's stopping you from posting something that makes this thread work.

Xecuter would be able to blow all your fuses. So be careful, it is already known that the XCI code is illegal and owned by Nintendo.

So you could create you could invest your time in a customFireware that has all the functions of SXOS and more, instead of something that is not clear what you do. That you can still do it, but not sharing it in a fragmented and non-objective way.
What's source of the claim that Xecuter stole Nintendo's code for the XCI loader? I find it believable but I see people throwing it around and I've never seen any evidence. I know they embed a cert which is illegal(?) but that isn't code it's just data needed to load the xci.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's source of the claim that Xecuter stole Nintendo's code for the XCI loader? I find it believable but I see people throwing it around and I've never seen any evidence. I know they embed a cert which is illegal(?) but that isn't code it's just data needed to load the xci.
https://gbatemp.net/threads/whats-the-challenge-with-the-xci-loader.520247/page-3#post-8324588

https://gbatemp.net/threads/whats-the-challenge-with-the-xci-loader.520247/page-4#post-8440923

Last edited by wicksand420,
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Thanks for the links, that's interesting. It doesn't mention using any of Nintendo's code though. It just mentions using bits of data dumped from a real game cart and cart reader (certs). They did reverse engineer the game cart protocol and reimplement it but Atmosphere does that with other bits of system software.

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the links, that's interesting. It doesn't mention using any of Nintendo's code though. It just mentions using bits of data dumped from a real game cart and cart reader (certs). They did reverse engineer the game cart protocol and reimplement it but Atmosphere does that with other bits of system software.
he said they used bits of code from a real game cart and embedded it into the loader

"TX reversed most of the gamecard protocol from the FS sysmodule and re-implemented it in their Loader KIP, hidden away inside a MIPS VM and a few layers of obfuscation. However, to achieve this, TX included sectors dumped from a real gamecard and the gamecard controller's certificate (which can be obtained by FS using a specific command). You can find these binaries by unpacking SX OS and searching inside the Loader KIP (simple hex editor will do) for "CERT" and "LOTUS"."

Last edited by wicksand420,
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
he said they used bits of code from a real game cart and embedded it into the loader

"TX reversed most of the gamecard protocol from the FS sysmodule and re-implemented it in their Loader KIP, hidden away inside a MIPS VM and a few layers of obfuscation. However, to achieve this, TX included sectors dumped from a real gamecard and the gamecard controller's certificate (which can be obtained by FS using a specific command). You can find these binaries by unpacking SX OS and searching inside the Loader KIP (simple hex editor will do) for "CERT" and "LOTUS"."
Unless I'm misunderstanding the posts that's just data, not code that gets executed by a processor.

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

RednaxelaNnamtra

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Unless I'm misunderstanding the posts that's just data, not code that gets executed by a processor.
Its not really important for the copyright aspect, if its stolen data or code, stolen code is just easier to understand for most people, so thats why its probably used in this case.

Last edited by RednaxelaNnamtra,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
Reactions: Alexander1970

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
ok he forgot to give me the license too
Bro...give up. Your whole thread is a joke. You write crap in here and you don't give us any proofs. And posting a link with a random uploaded file, doesn't makes it better (which is by the way already deleted).

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
I am decrypting all the license key code
I don't have a license, how can I offer you proof when I don't have what it takes?
This is what you wrote? Do you remember? Sounds for me, you have already a license key. Either way, you don't need it when you try to crack sx crap os, or do i miss something?

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I recall seeing you working on this on another forum in the past (or at least someone with a similar username), neat to see you're still working on it.

People on here get very itchy about folks poking around in something they paid for, try not to worry about it.
Though folks will probably give you less grief if you make less frequent but more substantive updates.

Good luck with your project.

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4