Hack SXOS

By Reacher17, Feb 12, 2021 151,725 1,011 36

1. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 QVID PRO QVO
    Developer

Mexico
    Just found out about this thread.
    Is this actually legit?
    Like does this allow anyone to use SX OS and crack any kind of license and use it without the paywall license?

Also, I have a couple more questions:
    1) I read something about Hekate/Tinfoil going in this thread, someone could care to explain me what is going on?
    2) Does TinWoo allow for file browsing like Goldleaf does? Tbh, at this point I'm only using Goldleaf because of its ability to be used as a file browser as well, I don't even install NSPs nor use its browser at all, so I'm looking for a proper way to use another NSP Installer that might allow file browsing too.

2. shanefromoz

shanefromoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Australia
    Is it true with the hacked version stealth mode does not work?

3. Cylent1

Cylent1 Community Smart Ass!

United States
    At least it isn't a guy on the other side!

4. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Maniac

What menu icons?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Where did that rumour come from? Also there's loads of alternatives to stealth mode, pihole/dns url blocking /incognito etc so if you're worried you can also deploy one or some of these alternative methods.

peteruk likes this.
  5. RideOnTheStorm

Newcomer

France
    i can add same thing in the script to menu icon(menu if you don't boot directly sx)

chronoss likes this.
  6. chronoss

chronoss GBAtemp Addict

Congo, Republic of the
    Good, i need it ;)

7. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Maniac

Do a screenshot of what you mean, also if bmp/png/size etc.

Also that previous post was just meant for a bit of a laugh, I didn't expect anyone to take it seriously.

peteruk likes this.
  8. RideOnTheStorm

Newcomer

France
    already got that with offsets and size on bootloader,i talk about the menu after boot like you see on video.
    Green Joy-Con D-Pad Shells for Nintendo Switch

9. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Maniac

Yep, and you never mentioned file format -or icon sizes, like I said in my previous post.

10. RideOnTheStorm

Newcomer

France
    Nop because just asked if you're intersted with add some defaut logos... if you are i can dm you file with size,format,name and where to put sha256 on repacking.

chronoss likes this.
  11. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Maniac

OK pm me the info and I'll take a look.

12. lordelan

lordelan GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    No one wants to answer you? Then I try (as much as I kept up with the thread).
    Yes this is legit. Meanwhile even the most recent SX OS version (3.1.0) has been "cracked".
    You can either use Python3 and patch a license by yourself (you need a legit license from someone though but someone donated his and it should be around here somewhere) or keep your life simple and look it up in the wild.
    I've tested it on a friend's Switch and it's indeed working great. Only issue we ran into was that chainloading it (through Argon or hekate or from within Atmosphère with homebrews like HekateBrew) often leads to a black screen but if you use the official SX OS payload.bin to directly boot from RCM into SX OS, it works with a 100 % success rate.
    It indeed gets you behind the paywall license and lets you mount XCI games.

To your questions:
    1. It's not only SX OS itself that checks for a valid license.dat on your SD card (which is prevented by the solution in this thread) but also a few homebrews/apps. As you might know, Tinfoil by blawar is the most popular one among them. It does the check on its own so it won't have all features with this "hacked SX OS" that it would have for ppl with a "real" license. Don't know if this has been resolved already tbh (from what I saw, blawar even gave some hints in this thread on how to trick Tinfoil).
    2. I'm not using it but pretty sure it does like all Awoo forks since the first main menu entry on the first screenshot here is literally the SD file browser where you can look up your NSPs on your card:
    https://gbatemp.net/threads/tinwoo-installer.579661/

BigOnYa and ShadowOne333 like this.
  13. squee666

squee666 Advanced Tech Pleb

United Kingdom
    Where did that rumour come from? Also there's loads of alternatives to stealth mode, pihole/dns url blocking /incognito etc so if you're worried you can also deploy one or some of these alternative methods.[/QUOTE]
    incognito doesnt properly work with mariko units with how it writes to nand.

even the older version is hit or miss.

atmospheres exosphere also didnt work originally because it worked exactly the same way and had to be fixed in a newer version.

the downside of dns blocking is for other services it limits the switches network speed

peteruk and CompSciOrBust like this.
  14. ShadowOne333

ShadowOne333 QVID PRO QVO
    Developer

Mexico
    Much appreciated :)
    Didn't know all versions of SX OS were cracked by now.
    What a world lol

As for the other two things:
    1) So there is indeed a way to avoid Tinfoil nagging about the Hekate files after all without having to run some hacky app that renames the folders/files temporarily?
    2) I ran TinWoo, but I seem to only be able to browse to look for installable files (XCI, NCZ, NSP, etc.), but doesn't seem to allow moving, copying or just seeing other files with other extensions.

15. Milenko

Milenko GBAtemp Addict

Australia
    Why not just use goldleaf?

BigOnYa likes this.
  16. Reacher17

OP Reacher17 GBAtemp Regular

France
    patchkey = "A4BD1781"
    keylicence = "new key licence"
    pay81.seek(0x17BDA0)
    pay81.write(patchkey)
    pay81.seek(0x0)
    pay81.seek(0x8258)
    pay81.write(keylicence)
    pay81.seek(0x0)

Code:
    00 01 FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 00 73 68 61 32 35 36 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 20 66 69 6E 67 65 72 70 72 69 6E 74 11 11 11 11 11

mrdude likes this.
  17. mrdude

mrdude GBAtemp Maniac

Thanks for posting, is this the only patch that's needed now and all the others are not needed? Also is the value of "new key licence" just the fingerprint? and the sha256 hash of this fingerprint the value that goes into the end 2 lines of license.dat file?

18. Reacher17

OP Reacher17 GBAtemp Regular

France
    @mrdude

no, not for the moment. you can create your own license with a private key. then put the public key in the patch.

Hologram likes this.
  19. chronoss

chronoss GBAtemp Addict

Congo, Republic of the
    I'm waiting for this a long time ;)

20. chief18

chief18 Newbie
    Newcomer

Italy
    SX OS is stuck at 11.0.0, totally irrelevant now, event the question about xci files.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

because with goldleaf you can install games, not mount/run them directly

Draft saved Draft deleted