TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED
New posts, edits, and any changes will not be saved during the transition period.
Registrations are temporarily disabled until the migration is complete.

1. brightlight54

OP brightlight54 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I've had my modded Wii U for about 9 months now and everything runs perfectly on the Wii U side, vWii side in terms of Wii and GC games, and RetroArch on the Wii U side as well.

I recently modded a friends Wii with the GX line of emulators and their respective forward channels as well. I know since i have RetroArch i dont need to use these emulators on the vWii, but I want them anyway because they look pretty cool is all.

I was just wondering if its completely safe to use the GX line of emulators (SNES9x, FCEU gx, GenPlusGX, VBA Next) and their installed forwarder channels on my vWii just as I would with a normal Wii. The files i installed on my friends Wii work perfectly, but is it safe to just use those exact same files on my vWii as long they're confirmed working on a Wii?

thanks!

2. danny19901

danny19901 GBAtemp Fan

Just use injects I have made a ton of injects of latest Emu's install with WUP installer these are all I made enjoy

https://mega.nz/folder/J9VFSQrb#trHxyEKITkxaspLTwacWvw
    Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

susi91 and Kopimist like this.
  3. brightlight54

OP brightlight54 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    sweet thank you. so will these install on my Wii U home screen and launch from there into vWii? Or have these been made native to Wii U?

4. Ryccardo

Ryccardo watching Thames TV from London

Italy
    (apart from the above valid advice)
    Most homebrew channels (not the HBC itself) use a nandloader that only supports either real Wiis or Vwiis, still there's no harm in trying, at worst you'll have a channel that freezes the system when launched (and even for the separate case of a bannerbrick, you can use a wad manager via enhanced vwii to uninstall the defective channel) :)

5. danny19901

danny19901 GBAtemp Fan

They install to your homescreen and boot vWii but launch straight away also if you want to benefit from these more use sign_c2w_patcher so they all use overclock

Also install to NAND as USB can cause crashes and sometimes don't install at all

Last edited by danny19901, Sep 4, 2020
  6. brightlight54

OP brightlight54 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    thanks for the reply. I ended just winging it and trying everything. The emulators work, but the forward channels do indeed freeze the system forcing a reboot by unplugging power. I'm satisfied with just having the emulators in the first place with HBC and I'm also gonna give Danny19901's injects a shot for shits and giggles

Kopimist likes this.
  7. danny19901

danny19901 GBAtemp Fan

Well these injects won't disappoint with the overclock feature N64 runs amazing use Wii64 as Not64 doesn't support gamepad but they both work also FCEULTRA RX doesn't support gamepad but also works

8. danny19901

danny19901 GBAtemp Fan

Admin removed my post not a 100% sure why though didn't know posting injects for Emulators was against the rules specially when people create emulators and share on here

9. Foxi4

Foxi4 Endless Trash
    Global Moderator

Poland
    Forwarders to emulators are permissable on the forums, ROM injects are not, for obvious reasons. Like I told you in the PM, we had to take a closer look at your files to ensure that they don't contain any copyrighted material - from what we can tell they don't, so I've restored them. ;)

10. brightlight54

OP brightlight54 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    its ok I already nabbed them all anyway. Thanks again for these, I cant wait to try em out

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - emulators,