Hacking GW multirom demo

tyons

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i dont know where you live in germany but would you say the same if your house was soaked deu to the heavy rainfall in the alps... i would say that you should have a "more water-proof" house...

you misinterpreted his post.

People had their 3DS bricked because they were using a launcher that has not 100% matching the MD5. No matter what flashcard you use, if the launcher presents any kind of problem your ds will be bricked.

please be careful when writing, to not misinform people. the 3ds doesn't get bricked if the md5 is simply wrong. an user tried to manually corrupt it many times and rebooted the console 30 times (he said), and no brick.
there are more security checks than just the md5 one.

Etheboss

Official LULWUT supporter
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm hyped as hell about this feature, but won't be using until the launcher is verified and clean of bricking routines by 3rd parties until then I'm going to stick with 1.2 and 2.0b1.
Lol, bad idea, if you mean by 3rd parties other 3ds flashcard companies. I bet they will not want to help gateway.

Chiodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering why someone does not decrypt the Gateway code and make it open source?

When the first PS3 jailbreak came out. The "PS Jailbreak USB Modchip" was being sold for around $140. The code was decrypted and then released as PS Groove and made open source.

wiibomb

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that is something I wonder myself, there are people who have the decripted code in their hands, why not make it open source?

though I do not know much of eventual consequences

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lol, bad idea, if you mean by 3rd parties other 3ds flashcard companies. I bet they will not want to help gateway.

Why would he mean other 3DS flashcart companies? Why would anyone mean that? Or were you just attempting to stealth-correct his slightly incorrect use of terminology?

Chiodo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that is something I wonder myself, there are people who have the decripted code in their hands, why not make it open source?

though I do not know much of eventual consequences

Flashcarts could still be sold.

Cobra still stills there PS3 USB device even though PS3 CFW is available for free.

Streeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Gateway team stated that brick reports with an official Gateway were fake and hired by the Chinese mafia. No, I'm not kidding.

Are you fucking serious?

Not only did they intentionally completely brick my 3DS with their fucking malicious code, but now they say i'm lying about my brick report caused by their official product?
Oh, and, surprise surprise, they never got back to me concerning the issue.
They asked for the Launch.dat I used at the time of the brick, which was completely legit mind you, which I provided them with quickly, and BAM, nothing. Total silence. It's been like 2 weeks since I sent them that file now.

If what you say is true, then fuck this company. I'm out.

Reactions: Ray Lewis

morvoran

President-Elect
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm surprised that we don't have the ability to load games from the internal SD card (just like the psp backups) instead of having to use a flashcard. Until that day comes (if it ever does), we have to deal with flashcards for now as it's the only solution available to the public.

On topic, I can't wait for the new update. I'm ok with having to exchange microsd's everytime I want to play a new game as I only play one game at a time, but multirom will be much more convenient where I won't have to load a new game on the microsd everytime I finish a game. Just drag-drop and done.

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you fucking serious?

Not only did they intentionally completely brick my 3DS with their fucking malicious code, but now they say i'm lying about my brick report caused by their official product?
Oh, and, surprise surprise, they never got back to me concerning the issue.
They asked for the Launch.dat I used at the time of the brick, which was completely legit mind you, which I provided them with quickly, and BAM, nothing. Total silence. It's been like 2 weeks since I sent them that file now.

If what you say is true, then fuck this company. I'm out.
2zo95e1.png

Maybe they didn't use the word "mafia" literally - I really can't remember. This is pretty close though.

Nightwish

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm surprised that we don't have the ability to load games from the internal SD card (just like the psp backups) instead of having to use a flashcard. Until that day comes (if it ever does), we have to deal with flashcards for now as it's the only solution available to the public.
It's still very early in the console's life, then someone will make a CFW that doesn't allow piracy, then someone else will toggle whatever flags need to be toggled to load roms and the last few years of the console will be amazing, just in time to restart the cycle with a new one.

All this has happened before and all this will happen again.

Streeve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2zo95e1.png

Maybe they didn't use the word "mafia" literally - I really can't remember. This is pretty close though.

They basically just spat me right in the face with that email. Fuck them to hell.
I'm not sending them shit. They should pay the shipping back and forth and fix my problem free of charge.

Anyone wants to buy a barely used Gateway3DS, complete in box, PM me. I'm located in Scandinavia. Shipping will be barely anything since the parcel weighs almost nothing. I'll throw in a MiniSD card if needed.

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Why would he mean other 3DS flashcart companies? Why would anyone mean that? Or were you just attempting to stealth-correct his slightly incorrect use of terminology?

Yep, I was actually trying to say coders/developers that doesn't work with gateway or cloners companies.
profi200, mathieulh, even Normatt (even if gateway tries to charge him as a cloner developer, something that I doubt myself) and others that are active at 3DS scene.

Icepotter

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
please be careful when writing, to not misinform people. the 3ds doesn't get bricked if the md5 is simply wrong. an user tried to manually corrupt it many times and rebooted the console 30 times (he said), and no brick.
there are more security checks than just the md5 one.

if you have a legit gateway card, and also has downloaded the launcher from the official website, the only way that it can fail the security checks, is if there is something wrong with the launcher... That said, if it was corrupted, and the MD5 is different, there is a chance you can end bricking your 3DS.

the-green

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antigua and Barbuda
Awesome work team GateWay, you're the best & this new method for switching games is really fantastic & rapid !!
Keep the good work guys & hope to see this FW soon

Reactions: cateater1

Tomy Sakazaki

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
if you have a legit gateway card, and also has downloaded the launcher from the official website, the only way that it can fail the security checks, is if there is something wrong with the launcher... That said, if it was corrupted, and the MD5 is different, there is a chance you can end bricking your 3DS.

Actually it's not true. Legit GW bricks case had no corrupted SD cards, MD5 and CRC checksums were perfect match.
The bug that make the 3DS actual bricking acts after the gateway mode is successfully launched.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, and leave ectoplasm all over the place