1. rsc-pl

rsc-pl GBAtemp Regular

Poland
    Yesterday it booted 3 times without problems, but today I have black screen 4 times, before it loaded correctly (gw logo) .

2. Thirty3Three

OP Thirty3Three Musician Member
    Banned

United States
    So how do I get it to run via sysnand, if I cannot connect to the internet for some reason via sysnand?

3. MAXLEMPIRA

MAXLEMPIRA Legends are Made from True Stories...

Mexico
    I have this problem right after updated launcher.dat, I just went to GWMenu, and now got 100% of boots through Homemenuhax or others

4. Elaugaufein

Elaugaufein GBAtemp Regular

If you use themehax/menuhax you don't need an internet connection after you've set it up. You only need an internet connection or some other way of launching homebrew to set it up the first time though (you could probably use the HB Launcher CIA and Pasta Mode as well) so that it can set up the themes right and insert the appropriate payload.

5. Thirty3Three

Banned

United States
    And there's no way I can do any of this without an internet connection? - my 3DS won't find my access point for lord knows what reason... I can use the HB Launcher on emunand, but gw.3dsx apparently has to be used on sysnand, huh?

6. Elaugaufein

You should be able to self host the payload on your phone, if you've got an Android using the Access Point. Otherwise you could use Ninjhax to booststrap if you've got Cubic Ninja. Otherwise I think you're kind of out of luck. Depending on what firmware you're on , it should be possible to install HBL to Sysnand (inject it into H&S , use that to install FBI proper, then use FBI to install HBL and from there install themehax) . I'm assuming you've got someway to launch rxtools offline though (you may be using Gateway emunand, in which case you should theoretically be able to use boot SysNAND in Gateway mode and use the FBI.3ds to install FBI to SysNAND (not on actual NAND but on the SD Card of SysNAND) and go from there).

7. Thirty3Three

Banned

United States
    I don't know how to do that phone thing. I tried hotspotting... even using root-only apps, it won't let me haha.

I DO have cubic ninja. How do I do that?

8. Elaugaufein

I'm afraid I don't know. I don't have Cubic Ninja myself, just know that its possible to launch HBL through it. Though it's possible you can't get the access you need to install themehax from it but that seems unlikely.

9. Thirty3Three

Banned

United States
    I just need a way to boot HBL without internet connection haha

10. Thirty3Three

Banned

United States
    SHIT. I just unlinked my sysnand from my emunand, and I forgot!! It erased my MSET exploit! - I can't get back into emunand mode because I can't access internet on my 3DS!

HELP?! Thanks:D REALLY nervous!

11. wiiuser2

wiiuser2 GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    Do you use the homemenuhax and CtrBootManager? If yes, increase the timeout value in the boot.cfg file from 2 to something higher (4 works for me). This greatly improves the success rate of the autoboot into Gateway (on my O3DS)

12. Thirty3Three

Banned

United States
    So I connected to the internet for a SPLIT second. Enough time for me to get the QR code to scan. Okay... so I'm now at the homebrew channel menu. I got SO lucky.

So now how do I make it so when I boot my 3DS, it automatically boots to Gateway mode?:P

13. Thornhill33

Thornhill33 Member
    Newcomer

France
    Just replace boot.3dx with GW.3dx (rename GW.3dx to boot.3dx).

14. KennyWYL

KennyWYL Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    same thing happens almost 8 out of 10 get black screen...anyone found any fix about this?

15. CrispyYoshi

CrispyYoshi GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Unsure if you already did this, but you also need Launcher.dat on root in order for GW.3dsx to run properly

16. rasputin

rasputin GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    if menuhax gets copied to emunand, then booting gateway/cfw via menuhax using type 2 config, no buttons pressed to activate, is difficult

you have to break menuhax in emunand by changing theme, then unlink the nands, then reinstall menuhax in sysnand how you like

KennyWYL likes this.
  17. KennyWYL

KennyWYL Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    yes, i've already have launcher.dat on the root...just the boot rate were awfully low

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

My emunand were unlink from the beginning. I'll try reinstall from scratch see what's the outcome...I'll update my result later here

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  18. KennyWYL

KennyWYL Member
    Newcomer

Malaysia
    Thank you for your hints, reinstalled according your hints and boot rate improve!

Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - screen, black,