Homebrew GUYS HELP PLEASE

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What do I do. I just downgraded my N3DS XL and everything seemed to go okay, but the console said it was going to reboot in 10 seconds but it never rebooted. Should I try to hard reboot it? I am quite frightened.

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to hard reboot but the power off menu came up? should I just hard reboot?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Rest assured GBATemp, I successfully downgraded. All you have to do is force a reboot and ensure that your SD card is removed from the DS (If you used menuhax).

Is there any games I should be worried about that may update my 3DS without my acknowlegement? I am scared to try any of my games.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I tried to hard reboot but the power off menu came up? should I just hard reboot?
Rest assured GBATemp, I successfully downgraded. All you have to do is force a reboot and ensure that your SD card is removed from the DS (If you used menuhax).
Is there any games I should be worried about that may update my 3DS without my acknowlegement? I am scared to try any of my games.
At least most 3DS to CIA tools would strip the update data, so any not legit CIA would not let you update System.
And there is only chance that you accidentally picked the "A Update", but no chance for it automatically update it - cause that's illegal.
BTW, you should setup emunand coldboot. After that go to System setting, Internet setting and disable some options. (Sorry mine is JPN console so i can not teach you that)

xxbilxx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At least most 3DS to CIA tools would strip the update data, so any not legit CIA would not let you update System.
And there is only chance that you accidentally picked the "A Update", but no chance for it automatically update it - cause that's illegal.
BTW, you should setup emunand coldboot. After that go to System setting, Internet setting and disable some options. (Sorry mine is JPN console so i can not teach you that)
I'm talking about the games that I already own. These would be on my Sky3DS cart. These games include SSB4, Mario Kart, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Yoshi's New Island, Cubic Ninja, Kirby Triple Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Cave Story 3D, Lego Star Wars III, New Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario 3D Land and A Link between Worlds.

Syphurith

Beginner
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm talking about the games that I already own. These would be on my Sky3DS cart. These games include SSB4, Mario Kart, Pokemon Omega Ruby, Yoshi's New Island, Cubic Ninja, Kirby Triple Deluxe, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D, Cave Story 3D, Lego Star Wars III, New Super Mario Bros 2, Super Mario 3D Land and A Link between Worlds.
Well if you are afraid, use FuncyCIA to dump those first for yourself.
Then you could just use ctrtool to check those CIA files. You may want to post a log of that.
Also i don't think you can not risk the emunand. Just backup the emunand with EmuNANDTool first - if unlinked.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Mkay.