Hacking Guy has made Uxploit, claiming it has kernel!?

Do you think it has kernel?

• Yes

Votes: 11 13.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 9 10.7%
  • No

Votes: 55 65.5%
  • idk

Votes: 9 10.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drama time!
/Gets popcorn
Too bad it's over... I'm done caring what everyone thinks about this. Call it real. Or call it fake. I'll take both of those as a comlcompliment. If it WAS fake, I'd say thanks for calling me a good video editor.
But it's not fake nor video edited. The file was uploaded straight from the YouTube app on my phone.

Reactions: Margen67

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not buying it.
Why was he covering up the IP address? It's either his LAN IP, which is of no use to anyone else anyway, or it's his public IP, which the script could retrieve automatically instead of him having to type it out. Either way, it proves he doesn't know much about computers, much less hacking.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somehow doubt it. For one, there's no way to tell the Wii U where to put the folder if you were making one (and it doesn't put them vertically, but horizontally, meaning it'd be to the right of the stats channel). For another, kernelspace doesn't let you do that, IOSU is the only thing that controls the system menu. Just like his other video with pong as a javascript game it's bullshit.
Of course if I'm wrong I'll gladly eat my words, the more exploits the better, but I doubt it.
Yes there is. The slot value I placed it in is 00 1A.

I'm not buying it.
Why was he covering up the IP address? It's either his LAN IP, which is of no use to anyone else anyway, or it's his public IP, which the script could retrieve automatically instead of him having to type it out. Either way, it proves he doesn't know much about computers, much less hacking.
Maybe because I still don't like everyone seeing my info?..

Vappy

Trophies
XP
Country

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Maybe because I still don't like everyone seeing my info?..
I explained why there's no reason anyone would have to see your info and you'd know that too if you were skilled ;)
Oh, and another thing, there's no way you could create a folder with a custom name entered in that form either without using PHP or another server side scripting language, as POST values are only accessible on the server side. You'd have to use GET parameters for that to be possible, which judging by the video you didn't as there are none in the URL.

Marionumber1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you provided some definitive proof of having a kernel exploit, everyone's doubts would be dispelled immediately. As for when you could have inserted a cut, literally any time the camera stopped on a still for a few seconds (and there are a few instances, don't feel like finding the exact times right now). I don't see why you made something where we can at the very least find probable cause for it being faked, assuming it is legitimate.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you provided some definitive proof of having a kernel exploit, everyone's doubts would be dispelled immediately. As for when you could have inserted a cut, literally any time the camera stopped on a still for a few seconds (and there are a few instances, don't feel like finding the exact times right now). I don't see why you made something where we can at the very least find probable cause for it being faked, assuming it is legitimate.
I see.

Just going to leave this thread, now.

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I explained why there's no reason anyone would have to see your info and you'd know that too if you were skilled ;)
Oh, and another thing, there's no way you could create a folder with a custom name entered in that form either without using PHP or another server side scripting language, as POST values are only accessible on the server side. You'd have to use GET parameters for that to be possible, which judging by the video you didn't as there are none in the URL.
Havent you ever heard of something called a form that submits to a php file? :o

dojafoja

life elevated
Trophies
XP
Country
Of course it's a proper webkit exploit. Anyone can mirror crashmybrowser.com, like Kelton2 did.
I'm not usually one to discredit somebody so quickly and quite frankly I haven't discredited you. For all I/we know you are 100% telling the truth. I just thought the 1000 sub request for a release was a bit of a red flag. As for the sarcasm, I apologize about that, some people just think browser crash == exploit. I personally know of 3 or 4 webkit bugs that crash the browser. One of which is only 4-5 weeks old in the webkit commits. That doesn't mean I know how to exploit them or if they're even exploitable bugs. Many of trolls have been through here and tried duping the community and most here take bold claims with a grain of salt for that reason.

vassildador

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

While he doesn't look very convincing, that's not exactly true. He could store them in a cookie (he clears cookies at the start), localStorage, sessionStorage, ... in the submit handler from JS. And what tells you he doesn't use PHP or something similar :)? It's not because the URL ends with .html that there's nothing behind it.

The IP he enters is also in the private range (10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 is private). I can't think of any reason for the server to need this though, unless he's somehow connecting to the Wii U developer tools and the "server" is on his local network....

Not very convincing indeed, but I'd gladly be proven wrong with some hard evidence :lol:

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It can read the data from the fields before sending it off. It's entered client side so JS can read it.
I guess that much is true. Still, that's not the only thing that's fishy about this video.

While he doesn't look very convincing, that's not exactly true. He could store them in a cookie (he clears cookies at the start), localStorage, sessionStorage, ... in the submit handler from JS. And what tells you he doesn't use PHP or something similar :)? It's not because the URL ends with .html that there's nothing behind it.

The IP he enters is also in the private range (10.0.0.0 - 10.255.255.255 is private). I can't think of any reason for the server to need this though, unless he's somehow connecting to the Wii U developer tools and the "server" is on his local network....

Not very convincing indeed, but I'd gladly be proven wrong with some hard evidence :lol:
I'm almost starting to think he accidentally found a way to create a folder using the Developer Mode functionality. Not exactly what I would call an exploit, just undocumented functionality :P

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can use js in html files, but it looks fake as he said in another vid comments that his exploit was the one 3ds nice (the troll) used...

Flare Games
3 hours ago

+Jasper Peters Did someone mirror my site or is that just an older version?
I never said that. I didn't even visit the site until after posting that. I just saw him say "this will produce the same effect"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-