superbob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi,

Here's my problem :
I've bought GH:WoR (with instruments etc...) and I my Wii is messing me up with updates.

When I inserted the Wii Disc (official, not a backup), the channel prompted me to update my Wii, okay I was still in 4.2 and didn't any update for a long time, so why not ?
I did the Wii update to 4.3 using official updater (through Wii system menu, not the Disc Channel).
Then I deleted IOS stubs (222, 223, 249, 250) and reinstalled the previous ones (waninkoko and hermes cIOSes).
The versions I have are : cIOS 222 v4 and cIOS38r14. These are relatively old versions but they work perfect with the games I play through USB Loader GX or NeoGamma R7.
The problem is that now, the Disc Channel prompts me to update again !
unsure.gif

I thought that it could be an IOS specific update (58) so I did the update (through the disc channel, not the system menu) but my cIOS were stubbed again (couldn't load USB Loader GX).
So I re-deleted stubs, re-installed cIOSes and guess what : Disc Channel prompts me to update again ...
hate2.gif

It's a never-ending cycle ... I think Disc Channel is checking for some of my cIOSes to be at a certain version and the cIOSes I install have a lower version ...
What should I do ?
I thought about updating the cIOSes (with more recent versions from waninkoko and hermes), it may prevent Disc Channel from asking me to update but there are 2 question :
- Will it really make Disc Channel stop asking me to update ?
- Will it break compatibility with the games I load with USB Loader and NeoGamma ? (I heard a lot of compat. issues with recent releases, that's why I stayed with my good old cIOSes)

Sorry if it has been answered before, I did a quick search, I looked at the last 2 pages and found nothing.

PS: I don't have any System Menu hack or NAND emulation stuff.
My Wii is a standard 4.3E Wii + HomeBrew Channel + BootMii/boot2 + 5 cIOSes (222, 223, 236, 249, 250) + some forwarder channels. Nothing more.

Bye.

Pete666

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
superbob said:
Hi,

Here's my problem :
I've bought GH:WoR (with instruments etc...) and I my Wii is messing me up with updates.

When I inserted the Wii Disc (official, not a backup), the channel prompted me to update my Wii, okay I was still in 4.2 and didn't any update for a long time, so why not ?
I did the Wii update to 4.3 using official updater (through Wii system menu, not the Disc Channel).
Then I deleted IOS stubs (222, 223, 249, 250) and reinstalled the previous ones (waninkoko and hermes cIOSes).
The versions I have are : cIOS 222 v4 and cIOS38r14. These are relatively old versions but they work perfect with the games I play through USB Loader GX or NeoGamma R7.
The problem is that now, the Disc Channel prompts me to update again !
unsure.gif

I thought that it could be an IOS specific update (58) so I did the update (through the disc channel, not the system menu) but my cIOS were stubbed again (couldn't load USB Loader GX).
So I re-deleted stubs, re-installed cIOSes and guess what : Disc Channel prompts me to update again ...
hate2.gif

It's a never-ending cycle ... I think Disc Channel is checking for some of my cIOSes to be at a certain version and the cIOSes I install have a lower version ...
What should I do ?
I thought about updating the cIOSes (with more recent versions from waninkoko and hermes), it may prevent Disc Channel from asking me to update but there are 2 question :
- Will it really make Disc Channel stop asking me to update ?
- Will it break compatibility with the games I load with USB Loader and NeoGamma ? (I heard a lot of compat. issues with recent releases, that's why I stayed with my good old cIOSes)

Sorry if it has been answered before, I did a quick search, I looked at the last 2 pages and found nothing.

PS: I don't have any System Menu hack or NAND emulation stuff.
My Wii is a standard 4.3E Wii + HomeBrew Channel + BootMii/boot2 + 5 cIOSes (222, 223, 236, 249, 250) + some forwarder channels. Nothing more.

Bye.

why don't you install your game and play from USB Loader???
So you can keep your disc clean!

I now it's not the solution you want, but this is what I do If it happen to me..
it's weird!

superbob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Pete666 said:
why don't you install your game and play from USB Loader???
So you can keep your disc clean!

I now it's not the solution you want, but this is what I do If it happen to me..
it's weird!
Honestly I didn't even thought about that ...
wink2.gif

That may work but as you said, that's not the solution I want ...
Do you know if updating my cIOSes (using last waninkoko and hermes versions) will help ?

Sonic0509

Sometimes I'm Maryushi3
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Just install priiloader (without deleting anything) after you delete stubs and install cIOSes, load hacks.ini for you Wii System Menu and enable "Block Disc Updates". I had same problem with Guitar Hero 5.
wink.gif

Priiloader Hacks

superbob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
sonic0509 said:
Just install priiloader (without deleting anything) after you delete stubs and install cIOSes, load hacks.ini for you Wii System Menu and enable "Block Disc Updates". I had same problem with Guitar Hero 5.
wink.gif

Priiloader Hacks
I didn't wanted to install Priiloader because I wanted to have the most possible virgin wii (that's why I don't have cIOSCORP or anything else like that).
But if it's the only solution, I'll do it ...
Thx a lot for your help
smile.gif
!

netspy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think that when you install Priiloader, Priiloader will patch the system menu in order to be launched before the System Menu everytime you load it.
StartPatch is an application you can load from the Homebrew Channel, it just patches the few bits needed to remove the update check, and that's all. It won't do any other modification to your System Menu.

Trying to launch the disk via USB Loader GX may be a good idea (or not!), I'm not using this loader so I can't confirm this.

superbob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
netspy said:
I think that when you install Priiloader, Priiloader will patch the system menu in order to be launched before the System Menu everytime you load it.
StartPatch is an application you can load from the Homebrew Channel, it just patches the few bits needed to remove the update check, and that's all. It won't do any other modification to your System Menu.

Trying to launch the disk via USB Loader GX may be a good idea (or not!), I'm not using this loader so I can't confirm this.
OK, I understand better now, thanks for the explanation.

superbob

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Try updating my cIOSes (222, 223, 249 and 250) to latest versions (v5.1 and rev21) but it didn't solve the problem ...
I'll try startpatch or pre/priiloader later ...

enak101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
yeah, i just installed priiloader with the hacks_hash.ini and it is gewd
biggrin.gif
. I just enabled dont check for wii updates and then i could play new super mario bros wii
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, on that android PC? +1