Gaming Guitar Hero III Customization

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
well,at first i was trying to replace can't be saved and im in the band
but then later i changed to generation rock and none of em worked..
the previews work sweet etc.just the track is on the forever load..
i'll try and use the new stddat thingy..shame though that all the others worked fine etc
frown.gif

ohwell,i guess soonish some1 will have time to create a dragndrop
tongue.gif

..to busy writing my swen assignments atm
frown.gif

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm looking to try my hand at making a Guitar Hero Rocks the 80's custom, but I have a few questions.

1. Is that long talked about GUI drag and drop solution available yet?
2. Where would I go to get all of the GHRT80's songs and note charts? Obviously they're not available on scorehero, but certainly someone could point me in the right direction here on GBAtemp.

If I can find the files I need, I'll keep you all updated on my progress.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Sweet! I got my hands on a GHII release yesterday! I'd say it's about 95% good. Maybe three of the songs have slightly poor audio quality, two song names were switched in the set list and "Shout at the Devil" is written as "Shout at the devil" which only annoys because I'm really (unnecessarily) anal about formatting. But otherwise, it's sweet!

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Cant the audio tracks etcetc be used from the pc version of the game ? ( sorry im a noob and trying to understand some of this lol )

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Well I spent the better part of this afternoon knocking out an entire Guitar Hero Encore Rocks the 80's disc. It has all 30 songs working perfectly with all note charts, co-op, set list names, star power and previews. I'm pretty pleased with my work indeed. I'm thinking I ought to do GHI and GHII someday since then I can quality control it since I haven't been impressed with the GHI and GHII discs I've downloaded (as they have flaws, all of which I wouldn't make). Hopefully that GUI solution will be released soon to make the process easier!

EDIT: Oh, I used Frets on Fire tracks and note charts to make my disc. Someone had already taken the time to make perfect replications of the songs, so it made it really convenient to use those on my Wii version. Of course, there was still a lot of work to be done on my end, but I couldn't have done it without that song pack.

darkdreamr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i would like is for someone to replace the song Devil went down to georgia
with Beelzaboss from the pick of destiny soundtrack! that would be awsome
smile.gif

Sick Wario

Club Nintendo
Trophies
XP
Country
ok i spent the last 3 hours on my first custom disc. i am trying to repleace 25 songs to start. i've followed the tutorial on scorehero, and after i burned the disc, the notes were my changed notes, but all the songs were still the origionals. i used the script, and replaced the dat/wad files in trucha, then resigned. am i supposed to be importing the wav/fsb files into trucha somewhere? help plz.

Lazycus

Rotten
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you've missed the most important part. You need to use DATEdit to load a song's dat/wad files, replace them with the new song's fsb files, save them, place the now modified dat/wad file back into the ISO with trucha. Try one song to start with until you get the hang of it, then try a mass replace. DVD-RWs are your friend.

CaptainDreadful

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just going to ask about this.
I saw an ISO marked Guitar Hero I and 80s, so I started downloading it. Trucha Signer was one of the best things to happen to this community.

Willemoke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
CaptainDreadful said:
I was just going to ask about this.
I saw an ISO marked Guitar Hero I and 80s, so I started downloading it. Trucha Signer was one of the best things to happen to this community.

I saw it too, I'm grabbing it right now, but as far as I can see, it's incomplete.
And the NFo says it's a usa game, but uses a pal save, so usa users won't lose their highscores. Is there a way to change it back to a usa save, because I have a Pal wii and I don't want to lose my highscores.

lagman

I wish I was green.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
Playing it, feels kinda weird to me for some reason, and there are some mistakes, but the songs are there and that's what matters, good job.
wub.gif

BTW: This was made with the mono version, right?

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Excellent will get the pars and have a go to see what its like, if its good ill have a go at doing Guitar hero 2 which is the one im interested in. Well done to whoever made the wii custom one tho very well done and thank you.

lolsjoel

Trophies
Website
www.0RANGECHiCKEN.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I've made my GHI and GH80s discs, but unlike the ones you all are finding, mine are complete to the PS2 versions. I have everything ready for a GHII disc too, I just need to reimport all the dat/wad files on to the ISO. They're great fun, indeed.

keanpedersen

Trophies
XP
Country
The version available works well. I have tried some of the songs on different difficulties, and have found no synchronization errors. I did, however, find some small issues, but no showstoppers:
  • The practice sections only have "full song" -- you can't select part of songs.
  • The savegame is the same as the europe version of GH3, which my real game is, so I'll mess up my scores, unless I hit "quit" before the end of the song.
  • The singer is male on some songs with female vocals, and vice versa.
I havn't tried it in co-op yet.

scousethief

Trophies
XP
Country
Bobitos you couldnt offer me up some information ? basically all i would like to do is swap out 9 of the bonus tracks for some of the guitar hero 2 songs which i like , im just getting a little lost lol .

P.s i tried a usa version of gh3 ( mines uk ) anyway i thought ill give it a try loading my savegame suffice to say it never found it and asks me to create one, im wondering if i leave it as us version and create a savegame whether i would be able to have a savegame from each title which loads, if you understand what i mean lol.

Scouse

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1