unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
thanks hooya but its ok
smile.gif
theres far to many files that i would like to check, ill just have to test other bits and pieces to do with the setlist etc, til i get get the stereo version.

mthegreatone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MSW0 said:
It appears its gonna be alot easier to do on the Wii, as it takes few programs to edit the files, and it's usually extremely quick to do so.

customizable GH3 sounds pretty cool. i guess it takes some effort to do compared to 360/ps3's simple DLC though.

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mthegreatone said:
MSW0 said:
It appears its gonna be alot easier to do on the Wii, as it takes few programs to edit the files, and it's usually extremely quick to do so.

customizable GH3 sounds pretty cool. i guess it takes some effort to do compared to 360/ps3's simple DLC though.

but dont forget this is free and theres over 5000 custom songs over at scorehero

CuriousG

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Am I missing something with Feedback? I can load GH2 songs just fine by loading the chart and selecting the MIDI file but when it comes to custom songs that already has the MIDI file, nothing shows up but the song plays. Did the author make it so only GH1, GH2, GH3 songs will be able to convert from the Frets on Fire imports?

And I am using the latest 0.93b.

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How hard is it to make a guitar heros 1,2 and 80's conversion doing this? Will I have o follow all those steps, or do those files transfer over pretty easily?

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
For anyone doing this, why not get guitar backing tracks,
biggrin.gif

They are split into bass, lead and rhythm etc. If got together they perfectly match etc.

I play guitar and I know millions of these exist, so you can get them.

Just an idea.
biggrin.gif

I would but have no time, I suppose if these dont start surfacing, then I might make a few, who knows, btw keep up the gr8 work u guys

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
just keeping you guys updated, theres been more new stuff over at scorehero, some helpfull batch files have been made aswell as a new DATEdit from gamezelda that eliminates the need for any hex editing, all the problem songs now apparently work this was due to a filesize error in the old DATEdit. songs are also in full stero (or mono, you have the choice) were just doing a few more niggly bits and then ill rewrite the guide, as the original auther, withief, has dissapeared xD.

if anyone here has experience with console game modding, i think we need help with setlist editing. the file that needs to be edited is in the pak directory and its called

qb.pak.ngc

that file contains new enough all the text for the game but it will only let you replace things lettter for letter, no more, no less. gamezelda says this is to do with certain "pointers" in the file itself, and this is one of the first files to get loaded when the game starts so any alteration to it makes the game freeze on the opening nintendo screen. we need to find a way of altering the setlist and redirecting the pointers?

thats my assumption anyway as i have no idea about coding and whatnot.

thanks again to hooya for help with the stereo version as its involvement helped immensly.

expect more easier tools soon
smile.gif
and if you are interested in the GH3 custom scene, please join www.scorehero.com for all the latest information as if any new developements happen, they happen there first and its also the true hub for custom songs, with over 5000 charts available in a full searchable database theres bound to be something for everyone.

for more precise charts that include all difficulties AND more often than not, co-op notes aswell join www.customhero.net

alucard77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would love to be able to build a GH1, 2 and 80s disk if at all possible. Do you think it will be possible if I have the games on PS2?

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
yes, absolutely
smile.gif

edit:

theres plenty of new tools over at scorehero for this now, mainly consisting of batch files, by the looks of it elmerohueso is another miracle man that now has working bat tools that convert FOF songs OR original guiter hero songs in fof folder arrangement eg f:\songs\guitar hero 1\shoutatthedevil\

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
How To Put Custom Songs On GH3 Wii Stereo/mono

a BIG thanks to everyone involved
gamezelda for his qb and dat/wad importers!
elmer for his ever so usefull bat methods
to be updated (so many people helped with this)

Files needed to do this

Trucha Signer http://gbatemp.net/index.php?download=1909

key.bin - Google

goldwave - http://www.goldwave.com

goldwave note - create these presets straight away under the batch processing part in goldwave.
GH3stereo
- Convert>Xbox 32 kHz 4 bit stereo
- Folders>Store in original folder
GH3mono
- Convert>Xbox 32 kHz 4 bit mono
Mix
- Process>Add Edit>Mix
GH3preview
- Process>Add Edit>Mix
- Process>Add Edit>Selection>Start = 25 seconds from start, End = 20 seconds from start marker (You can vary this)
- Process>Add Edit>Trim
- Process>Add Edit>Selection>Start = 0 seconds from start, End = 5 seconds from start marker (You can vary this)
- Process>Add Effect>Goldwave>Fade In>50% to full, linear (You can vary this)
- Process>Add Edit>Selection>Start = 5 seconds from end, End = 0 seconds from end (You can vary this)
- Process>Add Effect>Goldwave>Fade Out>full to 50%, linear (You can vary this)

fsbank.exe http://www.fmod.org/index.php/release/vers...odapi375win.zip

stddatedit.exe http://www.savefile.com/files/1450790

QBgen http://www.savefile.com/files/1417335

xbox apdcm codec - http://dwl.xbox-scene.com/~xbox/xbox-scene...ox-ABX_v1.4.rar

typical folder structure (most commonly known as the FOF folder structure this is just to make things more managable)

example

folder name - D:\guitar hero 2\shoutatthedevil\

Elo

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hey carrot,sweet update,but im having quite some probs with ure guide..was following the older guide where u had to do all ureself and thought id try ures..ohwell,starting out i added all the info needed into the bat file so i wouldnt have to type it over again etc..
well,it starts but after choosing a song it only creates the directory structure for the files,no files etc ..
so,thought it try it manual with some of ure stuff..
for some reasons the previews made in goldwave dont wanna work properly..the sound is terrible..but using the old guide they work sweet.
then i found out that you dont have to make the directories,name all the files the same as the ones u want to replace etc..it's not picky..i made metallicas fuel and had all files in one dir, keps the original names and just replaced em in DAT and all was sweet.
still having trouble with two files though
Rammstein-sonne and DragonForce-Heart of a Dragon.. ive tried all the differant ways I can to make the song work(the previews work fine) but when i load it it just keeps loading..
(ive tried replaceing them on several differant ones,esp on ones ive had work with other songs and no result
frown.gif
..really want those two ..)
ohwell,back to customizing

unsteadycarrot

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Elo said:
hey carrot,sweet update,but im having quite some probs with ure guide..was following the older guide where u had to do all ureself and thought id try ures..ohwell,starting out i added all the info needed into the bat file so i wouldnt have to type it over again etc..
well,it starts but after choosing a song it only creates the directory structure for the files,no files etc ..
so,thought it try it manual with some of ure stuff..
for some reasons the previews made in goldwave dont wanna work properly..the sound is terrible..but using the old guide they work sweet.
then i found out that you dont have to make the directories,name all the files the same as the ones u want to replace etc..it's not picky..i made metallicas fuel and had all files in one dir, keps the original names and just replaced em in DAT and all was sweet.
still having trouble with two files though
Rammstein-sonne and DragonForce-Heart of a Dragon.. ive tried all the differant ways I can to make the song work(the previews work fine) but when i load it it just keeps loading..
(ive tried replaceing them on several differant ones,esp on ones ive had work with other songs and no result
frown.gif
..really want those two ..)
ohwell,back to customizing

what songs are you replacing when it just keeps loading, and make sure all your programs for this are upto date with my new guide as the dat editor etc has had a complete overhaul recently to fix some problem songs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple