Hacking Guitar Hero 5 problem

jimshabadoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an unusual problem with GH5. I am booting it through Configurable USB Loader and it loads up fine. The wiimote works (if I want to use a mic), but if I plug it into the guitar, it stops working. Thus, I can not actually play GH5 with a guitar. This is a bit of a problem for me.

Any ideas on what might cause this or how it can be fixed? I'm using an NTSC game on a 4.1 USA Wii and the guitar works fine with other games (like GH:WT and Rock Band 2).

Thanks!

antiaverage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jimshabadoo said:
It's been a while since I've installed it. Is there a way to check?

I wish. You may just want to run the installer again using IOS222 as IOS38 merged with IOS37.

If that doesn't work, you can experiment with other merges, such as IOS38 merged with IOS60.

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
Not meaning to sound like im being mean or anything but is your guitar compatible??

If it is remember to use V4 of Hermes as well

Midnight Raver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jimshabadoo said:
I have an unusual problem with GH5. I am booting it through Configurable USB Loader and it loads up fine. The wiimote works (if I want to use a mic), but if I plug it into the guitar, it stops working. Thus, I can not actually play GH5 with a guitar. This is a bit of a problem for me.

Any ideas on what might cause this or how it can be fixed? I'm using an NTSC game on a 4.1 USA Wii and the guitar works fine with other games (like GH:WT and Rock Band 2).

Thanks!

Let me guess, is it a Nyko FrontMan? Cause if it is, a google search for "nyko frontman" "guitar hero 5" will make you very upset...worse yet, it also applies to Band Hero...

Eddie_Brock

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Midnight Raver said:
Let me guess, is it a Nyko FrontMan? Cause if it is, a google search for "nyko frontman" "guitar hero 5" will make you very upset...worse yet, it also applies to Band Hero...

As an aside, I would like to mention that I have a 3rd Party guitar (one of the infamous Metop Games guitars) and it works perfectly, GH 3, Smash Hits, 5, Band Hero and RockBand Beatles.

jimshabadoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Midnight Raver said:
jimshabadoo said:

Thanks!

It is indeed a Nyko Frontman! Good call! I will look online for solutions, but from your message, it sounds like things are less than promising...

Midnight Raver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jimshabadoo said:
Midnight Raver said:
jimshabadoo said:

Thanks!

It is indeed a Nyko Frontman! Good call! I will look online for solutions, but from your message, it sounds like things are less than promising...

Unlike some of the people that posted on scorehero that if they unplug and replug or press certain buttons it will eventually work, I've had no luck. Even worse, I beat myself over the head for DAYS cause I knew I had it working before, but it turns out it was with another guitar I had lent out...

It just blows my mind that all these Nyko guitars out there won't work on the Guitar Hero 5 engine...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)