Guild Wars 2

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by Splych, Dec 21, 2012.

Dec 21, 2012

Guild Wars 2 by Splych at 2:03 AM (360 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Splych
    OP

Member Splych GBAtemp's Lurker

Philippines
    I bought Guild Wars 2 recently due to the 20% off sale. Been playing with one of my friends and I am enjoying it a lot! When we're in a call with other friends, they're comparing it to RuneScape since apparently, what we say sounds like RuneScape o-o

Played both Guild Wars 2 and TERA, and I must say, they both have their ups and downs. Guild Wars 2 levels slower, but I feel there's more to do around areas than just leveling through quests and dungeons [which is in TERA]. TERA on the other hand, has a more fast paced and exciting battle system, but Guild Wars 2 has an alright one. The nice touch was being able to choose a profession and having multiple skills to go w/ it depending on the weapon combination.

Overall, I am satisfied with my purchase for now and the fact that I do not have to be rushed to play all the time since there is no monthly fee. TERA I had to farm for gold to be able to pay for monthly [it was nice considering you just had to pay for the game, then reach max level and suddenly, it'll be really easy to farm the gold to buy Chronoscrolls for monthly]. What are you thoughts/opinions on Guild Wars 2?

2. Creqaw

Member Creqaw GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    I played it for a month or 2 starting at headstart. Got level 80 in the first week and actually liked farming gold till a certain degree (I only did Grenth which was fun). It was a lot of fun but one day I just stopped logging in.

3. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    I'm a completionist, so I explored every area and did every quest. Once I did that though, I kinda ran out of stuff to do (since I don't like PvP).

4. Sterling

Member Sterling GBAtemp's Silver Hero

United States
    I've just stopped logging in really. I'd much rather go play GW1 instead. I prefer the first to the second. Overall the first had a better battle system and story but I really liked the second's event system. If more of my friends played GW1 I'd form a few teams and run through the stories and such.

5. Ethevion

Member Ethevion Wannabe Artist

Canada
    Guild Wars 2 is the definition of epic.