Gaming guide to palying l4d2 online

vjgbatemp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there are no illegal links posted here. do not ask for them.

ok i found a much better legit tutorial online:

how-to-play-left-4-dead-2-lan-online

from the other site:

No way does this tutorial indirectly or directly facilitate illicit methods or piracy. This tutorial shows legitimate gamers how to play Left 4 Dead 2 online without having to succumb to Steam

this is a guide to playing l4d2 online.

1. first of all get the game from one of the usual sites. i used the "direct play" "revloader" version. but the "Globe@" version seems less buggy.
2. google and get the patch to upgade it to "2.0.0.3".
3. Next, download "Stryder's Loader".
4. open the IniGen.exe file to run it once.

in reference to steps 2 and 3 QUOTE:
"A new patch has been released for Left 4 Dead 2, and it is required if you wish to play over Garena. I've used it on my Globe@ Full Rip of Left 4 Dead 2 and it works, so I'm guessing it will work for any other releases."

5. get garena and sign up on garena.
6. click on the game on the side.
7. join a room in the european servers.
8. click "settings" in the room and put the game starting application .exe in the "executable settings" box.
9. click ok.
10 click start game.

when the game loads the servers you can join are shown in the bottom right corner of your screen.

sorry for the horrible instructions but its very early in the morning and i need to get some sleep. will improve this when i come back online.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
there are no links to wars in the guide and there was another guide for the CoD:MW2 online game play also which weent on for ages I don't think thats been closed so as far as I'm aware yes this is allowed....and also AWESOME
biggrin.gif

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
deanxxczx said:
This allowed? I don't even know..
Its allowed. Go stick in the PSP section, at least you know *some* of what you're talking about there.

@OP: not wise to post a guide, especially when all the decent releases come with tutorials AND/OR guides in the nfo.

DarkWay

tsubasa hiroge
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I took al look at that Garena and I had a spin round their forums it seems ALOT of people are having problems with some kind of "payments" (I assume for extra features) and also people are having alot of problems with having thier GArena accounts hakced so I think I'll steer clear of it
smile.gif

vjgbatemp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DarkWay said:
I took al look at that Garena and I had a spin round their forums it seems ALOT of people are having problems with some kind of "payments" (I assume for extra features) and also people are having alot of problems with having thier GArena accounts hakced so I think I'll steer clear of it
smile.gif

never ever sign up for anything using your real email address.
i recommend using disposable email such as guerrillamail/

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
If you want to play online just buy the damn game. Pirating for the singleplayer experience? - Sure it'll only last a couple of hours anyway, but going through this much trouble to play online? It's not worth it and you will get a better experience from official servers.

vjgbatemp

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
If you want to play online just buy the damn game. Pirating for the singleplayer experience? - Sure it'll only last a couple of hours anyway, but going through this much trouble to play online? It's not worth it and you will get a better experience from official servers.

sometimes it is a bit of trouble, but when it's your only option it doesn't matter.

Seven

oh hell no
Trophies
Website
phantasme.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Minox_IX said:
+1

They occasionally have sales on Steam too. I pirated L4D1 way back when and I was kinda pissed that multiplayer was annoying to handle, but then Steam had it for $7.50 during the holiday sale so I snagged it. (: Having stable and good multiplayer servers on the PC is well worth the money anyways.

Minox

Thanks for the fish
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
PharaohsVizier said:
Seven said:
Minox_IX said:
+1

They occasionally have sales on Steam too. I pirated L4D1 way back when and I was kinda pissed that multiplayer was annoying to handle, but then Steam had it for $7.50 during the holiday sale so I snagged it. (: Having stable and good multiplayer servers on the PC is well worth the money anyways.

WHEN WAS THIS?@#!
frown.gif
Think it was a little less than 2 weeks ago.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER