Hacking Guide to Installing POPSLoader v3 on PRO-B8 through PRO-C CFW

  • Thread starter Thread starter Terminator02
  • Start date Start date
  • Views Views 131,094
  • Replies Replies 140
  • Likes Likes 5
Do you have to run the installer on every memory card you have?
Yes, or you could copy over the extracted files to your other memory cards.
I have a question... Do you think the per-game pops selection is saved correctly?
What do you mean?
 
Anybody know how to get Tomba and Tomba2 working on a PSP Go? Tried this with no luck. Is the a specific conversion program needed? 6.60 B10, btw.
 
Anybody know how to get Tomba and Tomba2 working on a PSP Go? Tried this with no luck. Is the a specific conversion program needed? 6.60 B10, btw.
There's a sticky on how to convert PSX ISOs

Well, yes, I know this. I've done this, and have attempted to use Popsloader to play them. How to convert them wasn't my question. My questions were how to use this with PSPGo to make them work, and if a specific method of conversion is required for better results.
 
Anybody know how to get Tomba and Tomba2 working on a PSP Go? Tried this with no luck. Is the a specific conversion program needed? 6.60 B10, btw.
There's a sticky on how to convert PSX ISOs

Well, yes, I know this. I've done this, and have attempted to use Popsloader to play them. How to convert them wasn't my question. My questions were how to use this with PSPGo to make them work, and if a specific method of conversion is required for better results.
It's the same as any PSP, there isn't a specific method just for the GO.
 
Well, I tried all the pops that are said to work on the Go, and the game doesn't load and my PSP just shuts off.

If it doesn't work on 3.52 or 3.40 i'd guess you're out of luck on a Go due to it's pops limitations.
 
Well, I tried all the pops that are said to work on the Go, and the game doesn't load and my PSP just shuts off.

If it doesn't work on 3.52 or 3.40 i'd guess you're out of luck on a Go due to it's pops limitations.
I thought the Go was just like every other PSP.
 
Hi guys, I have been trying to get Arc the Lad or Suikoden working (if I get one of these, I can get others). I have tried multiple POPS installation methods/guides and think this one is the best. The homebrew is the easiest way yet.

Unfortunately I still cannot get either of these titles past a black screen, ATL is supposed to work on POPS 3.53 and under. I have installed it correctly and can get to the Working Designs (dev) 'logo' on original flash; but if I change the POPS setting I can only get black screens. I have a PSN PSX title on my PSP, to ensure the emulation unlock. I have installed POPS a number of different ways, all of them resulting in the black-screen on changing POPS.

I am on PRO CFW B9 atm original aussie PSP, I have pandora and can use it well. I can get other PSX titles emulated fine (such as both Tales of Destiny, Abes Odyssey, Gran Turismo 2 and more. I own commercial copies of these titles). 8 GB magic gate card. all the correct files, I did everything correctly.

I just can't get titles that need popsloader working. I seriously have no idea why it will not work, has anyone else ever encountered a similar problem? Can anyone give me tips as to what to look at...
 
Hi there,
I've been trying to install popsloader on my psp3000 for over a week now and I'm beyond frustrated. I really hope you could help me out. I followed the guide carefully and installed the popsloader. I'm on custom firmware 6.6 b10.

For some reason when I hold down the R button, no POPS menu pops up. Can you help me please?

much appreciated,

Jonathan
 
I did a bit of research and found out I might possibly need something called PSARDUMPER. I downloaded the files and placed them under my PSP/GAME folder but when i try to load up the program it says it's corrupted. any ideas?
 
All PSARDumper (or even a variant of newpsardumper) does is break down the firmware files so you can gather up the prx's. The tool in the first post already does that for you.

It sounds more like you don't have it properly enabled in your pops.txt file in seplugins or you're not depressing the R shoulder BEFORE launching the game.
 
3.41 and 3.70 are reported to be some of the more compatible versions of POPS, so make those the first two you try after your original from flash POPS.
Wait, I can't see 3.41 and 3.70 anywehere, maybe you mean 3.40 and 3.71?

popsloader pack for 6.XX PRO CFW by iamafreak from another forum
I have 6.60 PRO B-10, I've been trying to make various popsloaders working for a days, at the end, only this one worked for me. Big thanks to Narayan and that iamfreak guy and whoever else is involved. :)
 
I came in here expecting to have to update this thread with a new POPSLoader version and more firmwares etc. All that needed updating was the title to include PRO-C and this typo. :blink:
3.41 and 3.70 are reported to be some of the more compatible versions of POPS, so make those the first two you try after your original from flash POPS.
Wait, I can't see 3.41 and 3.70 anywehere, maybe you mean 3.40 and 3.71?
Thanks for that catch, you're right. I edited the OP.
 

Site & Scene News