Guide to downloading and using MOONSHELL2?

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by dektopsi, Jun 20, 2009.

Jun 20, 2009
  1. dektopsi
    OP

Newcomer dektopsi Member

United States
    Hi!
    I was wondering if there was step by step instructions on using the moonshell 2 program because i have recently tried downloading it,extracting and nothing happens when i place it in my ds.
    Would someone be able to list the actual website to download the program? along with any relevant instructions please?
    Btw i have a tt card if its any help
    thanks in advance

2. Eon-Rider

Member Eon-Rider GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    http://home.att.ne.jp/blue/moonlight/

3. dektopsi
    OP

Newcomer dektopsi Member

United States
    ok so iv downloaded the program but how do i place 'moonshl2.nds' and '/moonshl2' folder onto the root folder of MicroSD?[im not sure what u mean by it]

4. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    Oh, I see, well I'll make for you right here.

1. Download it here.

2. Extract it to your Micro SD.

3. Open Language Select.exe and select the SD where you placed it, then select your language.

4. Patch it, the DLDI file is in the package but if you can't find it, download it here and then the patcher here. Extract the Patcher anywhere and the TTIO.dldi any folder. (It must be a folder, not the desktop) Then select the folder containing the DLDI file. Drag and drop mnshl2.nds or whatever you named Moonshell 2, into the Binaries part, then patch it.

5. Safely remove your hardware, then put it in your TTDS.

NOTE: If you are using Linux, the patcher is here. There is none for Mac.

I think that should be simple enough. And root of your Micro SD means directly inside it, not inside any folders on your SD Card. He was very unspecific. [​IMG]

Okay, I think that's okay. [​IMG]

5. dektopsi
    OP

Newcomer dektopsi Member

United States
    actually everything works ok now, but i have to start language select to run the program on ds
    and also when my tt menu starts up it has the games and all and then a bunch of moonshl folders with some of thier contents appears which is a bit ugly,any ways to solve this?
    apart from this thanks for the help

6. KingdomBlade

Member KingdomBlade Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)

Philippines
    Are you using Linux? If not, then skip that step, and instead, run Language Select.nds from you DS after you're done with everything else. If you have Windows, just delete Language Select.nds from your card, extract Language Select.exe to anywhere, then double-click it. If it's Mac, however, don't bother, I don't think you can patch it with Mac.

EDIT: Another thing, go into the moonhsell 2 folder, then, click inside launch, then delete everything you don't want. Then, click back, then extlink, then delete everything except for a random file out of all that is not an nds file. Leave a random txt file or something.

7. ChuckMcB

Member ChuckMcB GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Just to add that you can try making the moonshell folders 'hidden' by (if you are running windows) right clicking and selecting the 'hidden' check box...and selecting "apply changes to this folder and subfolders" when that appears. That should hide it from the TT's menu.

8. GTAMAN1

Newcomer GTAMAN1 Member

Finland
    i have dl it all on my r4, it works fine, how can i get it to be on autorun(ie. i can can click on the multimeda icon on the r4 menu screen at it will be moonshell2)?

9. ChuckMcB

Member ChuckMcB GBAtemp Fan

United Kingdom
    Moonshell on a R4

HTH

10. GTAMAN1

Newcomer GTAMAN1 Member

Finland
    ^^thanks
    also everytime i load it it keeps freezing and says refer to logbuf-i've read that but i dont know what to do?