Guide: Monster Hunter Tri on USB Loader GX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by ZenZero, Apr 23, 2010.

1. Gvaz

Gvaz GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2007
    United States
    United States
    Never mind i got it working

the hermes v4 installer was confusing because it was like "choose the ios to install" when it should say instead: "choose the ios that you're gonna USE to install these next three possible cioses"

2. ZenZero
    OP

ZenZero GBATEMP's regular arse.

Mar 12, 2008
    yeah, but that post should be in its own thread, people trying to fix the game wont look in the hype thread.

its a stupid place to put it.

3. skedone

skedone GBAtemp Fan

May 2, 2008
    United States
    i installed rev19 on 37 base and useding usb loader gx 921 and all seems ok for me

4. john.jingle

john.jingle GBAtemp Regular

Jan 24, 2008
    United States
    Same here. Instead I used gx r919 and default settings for the USB loader GX. This is the only method that seems to work consistently for me.

5. YourHero

YourHero GBAtemp Maniac

Apr 22, 2010
    United States
    I did the cios 223 thing but I am using Uloader. Works good.

6. ryudo123

ryudo123 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 14, 2009
    after reading through this topic my mind is still blank ¬_¬

could someone please make a step by step guide on how to make mh3 work on usbloader for NOOBS (like myself) cause all this IOS and rev stuff doesnt mean anything to me.

thaaaaanks in advance!

7. drewtwo99

drewtwo99 Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 28, 2010
    United States
    1) Download Hermes cIOS 222/223 v4. Use IOS 249 to install, and choose to install 222, as 37 merged with 38. Do this again for 223.
    2) Set USB Loader GX to load games with IOS 222 or IOS 223 if you also installed that.
    3) Set the video mode for monster hunter to Force NTSC

I had the same exact problem you did. Found out I was using v5 of cIOS 222/223, but when I installed v4, it worked perfectly the first time with the above settings. You may need to double check in the individual game settings that the game is set to load using cIOS 222. Good luck [​IMG]

8. BrandonG777

BrandonG777 Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2009
    United States
    Tulsa, OK
    It works with hermes v5.1, the key is 37 merged with 38. It will have to be slot 223 because v5 doesn't let you merge 37 with 38 in slot 222.

9. roysolid

roysolid Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    I want to ask Is there away to play monster hunter tri & call of Duty Black OPS on Cios21 ? I want to play both games I i install iso37 they will work but If I install iso58 (the new one) it will not work so Is there away

10. zizer

zizer GBAtemp Addict

Aug 23, 2010
    for COD use base 57, MHT base 37 and use two slots for ios

11. roysolid

roysolid Member

Newcomer
    Jan 11, 2011
    Saudi Arabia
    how can you tell in details how to do it with cios21 ?

becuase I tried before and flailed

sorry to bother you

12. TheVlad

TheVlad Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 12, 2012
    I really need some help!
    This is the last lead I have on getting Monster Hunter Tri to work and boy, am I desperate!
    I have done the following steps:
    - I have softmodded my wii (4.3e)
    - I have used ios 249 for installing cios 222 with 37 merged with 38
    - I also toyed around alot with the game's settings by changing the load setting to 222/223 and changing the video to force NTSC
    ...but NOTHING works! :( I have no idea what to do anymore.
    Some guidance would be VERY much appreciated! :P

13. Suraido

Suraido Newbie

Newcomer
    Jan 9, 2013
    Canada
    Ok so i fanlly got monster hunter tri to work a few days ago, and so far working stable and fine and no more freezing and beeps after choosing begin game. Tried all the crap about the hermes 222 installer but nothing worked there. Finally found something out of the blue on the net which actually did work. I used a newer version of the installer than the thread mentionned, but still solution was there. U need to download waninkoko's custom iosx installer rev 20 or 21 and then choose to install ios 249 (default one when u start the installer) then choose IOS 37 rev whatever and after that choose IOS 249 again then network install. I used rev 20 of waninkoko's installer so might be a bit different on the one you will use, but the IOS 37 is the charm here anywayz. Then went in settings for monster hunter tri in the GX loader and put game IOS to 223 and bingo bango it works and plays great!! And i'm also running this on version 4.3U so i can confirm everything is fine even with latest update of the Wii. Hope this will do the trick for you guys, cause i sure know i had a hard time and got frustrated trying to get this great game to play.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted